Jotties Journal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too, I’m so fed up seeing nothing but ads on IG now.
It really annoys me that she tries to hide the #ad
People have pulled her up about it before and she seemed genuinely upset and said it wasn’t intentional but she’s still doing it 🙄
I noticed the latest one about the lenor tumble sheets just says ad at the start and that’s it. I nearly missed it. I really like Jo too and followed her initially for how genuine and lovely she is but agree with the above comments about the change of direction in the account and the no of ads.

Not Jo related but I do feel IG in general is becoming so distant from reality nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I missed the #ad for the tumble dryer sheets for example, how sneaky! I'm sure I've missed loads now.

I have been hovering over the unfollow button for a while now but with lockdown and people's mental health being affected I thought she was maybe just struggling, I'm sure she was to a degree but seems lockdown has also given her the opportunity to rethink and move away from cleaning. I will hold out a bit longer but if she remains a swipe up page I will unfollow.

Such a pity as I really liked her and the fact her home was normal like my own, I have a tiny home that is kept on a budget so felt I could relate to Jo, I was delighted she was able to move and have basically a new home albeit simple. She has an eye for decor aswell.

Reactions: 4
That seems to be the way she’s going now. She seems to have a lot of quiet days, then posts a “sort it Sunday” which is promptly followed by an ad 🙄 She’ll be quiet again now for a few days.
It’s such a shame, I really like Jo (I could handle not seeing so much of Seren or her poser of a brother) but she’s turned into just another influencer now!
I used to like her but too many ads now 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Also tbh she comes a across as a bit grubby to me, my opinion 🤨🤨

Reactions: 2
Just watched her stories cleaning the car, love the idea of the reusable car dehumidifier, but refuse to swipe up or click any un named AF links. Too many of these influencers do this, because they know naming the company, may mean viewers go directly to the site and they lose out on easy money.

• Angry
Just watched her stories cleaning the car, love the idea of the reusable car dehumidifier, but refuse to swipe up or click any un named AF links. Too many of these influencers do this, because they know naming the company, may mean viewers go directly to the site and they lose out on easy money.
Yes, I hate that tactic by influencers. I think it’s really sneaky and sly. I’m like you, I refuse to swipe up. It’s pure greed on the part of the influencer. I’m really disappointed in Jo if she’s now doing this ☹

Reactions: 5
I’m the same I never swipe up. Totally disappointed that she has taken this route as she had a really successful page now she is just like all the rest 😴

I just find a lot of these bloggers aren't arsed these days and are just chucking anything up...like any old content will do..I know things are quiet on account of covid but surely the content could be more consistent and regular.

Reactions: 3
I just find a lot of these bloggers aren't arsed these days and are just chucking anything up...like any old content will do..I know things are quiet on account of covid but surely the content could be more consistent and regular.
I have byballed a lot of accounts for this reason, tbh I'm feeling it and the lockdowns are relentless, but I do think if I had an account and time at home I'd be more inclined to do more, grow my followers etc while I had the chance of being at home.
Most of them are coming down in cleaning products that they buy, are gifted or sent to trial. What better time to do it, most people even if they are working from home have time to hop on SM for a nosey.

Reactions: 1
So this morning she posted a story on IG that her and Tim have work to do and no time for home schooling , but obviously enough time to go on IG, to record and post the story. I know these 'influencers ' make money from social media, but the number of them seriously struggling with home schooling young kids is amazing, and rather than doing a bit of research on the subject, they prefer to come on social media and moan how hard it is. I get that they aren't teachers, but under normal circumstances does it mean they don't help their children with homework etc, are those children's only means of support their actual teachers/school. How will these parents but more importantly their children cope, when in secondary school. My annoyance is some of these influencers will make an effort for social media, but education seems to be a step too far. The biggest culprits seem to only have 1 school aged child and appear to be in years 1to 5,where there are lots of online resources and support available

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
So this morning she posted a story on IG that her and Tim have work to do and no time for home schooling , but obviously enough time to go on IG, to record and post the story. I know these 'influencers ' make money from social media, but the number of them seriously struggling with home schooling young kids is amazing, and rather than doing a bit of research on the subject, they prefer to come on social media and moan how hard it is. I get that they aren't teachers, but under normal circumstances does it mean they don't help their children with homework etc, are those children's only means of support their actual teachers/school. How will these parents but more importantly their children cope, when in secondary school. My annoyance is some of these influencers will make an effort for social media, but education seems to be a step too far. The biggest culprits seem to only have 1 school aged child and appear to be in years 1to 5,where there are lots of online resources and support available
It sounds to me like she’s not even going to try homeschooling! Jo works for herself, surely she could do her work in the evening when Seren’s asleep and Tim is working?

Reactions: 7
No time to homeschool but look at my #gifted box of products.

I believe there is more behind Serens behaviour ruling that roost but Jo probably keeps it private, no shade she is fully entitled too.

Yes, I hate that tactic by influencers. I think it’s really sneaky and sly. I’m like you, I refuse to swipe up. It’s pure greed on the part of the influencer. I’m really disappointed in Jo if she’s now doing this ☹
If I like a product I see, I usually do a swipe up fo a screenshot of the product and then re-revisit the item through the website 🤭

Reactions: 3
If I like a product I see, I usually do a swipe up fo a screenshot of the product and then re-revisit the item through the website 🤭
Even if you do a swipe up and don’t buy straight away those cookies are still saved so if you buy through the website they still get a commission of whatever you buy for the next 30 days. It doesn’t even need to be the same item, just anything on that website. That’s what I believe anyway!

Reactions: 7
Even if you do a swipe up and don’t buy straight away those cookies are still saved so if you buy through the website they still get a commission of whatever you buy for the next 30 days. It doesn’t even need to be the same item, just anything on that website. That’s what I believe anyway!
That's how I understand it as well. A lot of vloggers have been spamming their followers with endless AF links

Oh I didn’t realise that 😯

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Oh I didn’t realise that 😯
Yep and I think the worst thing is none of these influencers explain that!! That’s why they do loads of swipe ups so you swipe up atleast once then your giving them commission for the next 30 days. I think it’s very deceiving!!

Reactions: 5
Yep and I think the worst thing is none of these influencers explain that!! That’s why they do loads of swipe ups so you swipe up atleast once then your giving them commission for the next 30 days. I think it’s very deceiving!!
I thought they only got commission from the swipe up if you bought something when you swiped up, if that makes sense 😲

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.