Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry it’s the daily Mail… temporary agreement reached to keep the kids in NYC
This feels like an okay compromise for now, glad they were not forced to move back to Florida, and while she can’t move them back to the UK he can’t take them on tour either, so that’s something…but it’s ridiculous that he could just lie about living in Florida when they lived other random places more.

Reactions: 11
Agree with above but I think as Florida was the one consistent home it may still have some jurisdiction over the children. Their courts would help Joe if it ended up there.

What on earth ever possessed her to move to Florida?! Awful place. A really strange choice.

Reactions: 10
Agree with above but I think as Florida was the one consistent home it may still have some jurisdiction over the children. Their courts would help Joe if it ended up there.

What on earth ever possessed her to move to Florida?! Awful place. A really strange choice.
I just read on another platform that Joe supposedly has dj-ing gigs there when they’re not touring…but you know Sophie is the party girl 🙃

Reactions: 4
Joe supposedly has dj-ing gigs there when they’re not touring
Ah that makes sense, but still you'd think after spending a week there Sophie would know it's really not the place to live. I guess another thing that wasn't thought through 😬

If only Sophie was more of a party girl, and then she'd of known you go there to visit. Not to set up home.

Reactions: 2
Ah that makes sense, but still you'd think after spending a week there Sophie would know it's really not the place to live. I guess another thing that wasn't thought through 😬

If only Sophie was more of a party girl, and then she'd of known you go there to visit. Not to set up home.
Yeah, I think since she spent most of their marriage, either being pregnant or recovering from giving birth, plus being on lockdown, she just went along with everything Joe did…and now that he didn’t get his way, they‘re divorcing, what a catch 🤣

Reactions: 14

No income tax. 9 times out of 10 it always comes back to tax and money 😂

Reactions: 9
Rich people have diverse real estate portfolios all over the world. What is stopping him buying himself a UK base and see the girls whenever he wants to? They’d have a safer life in UK, no danger of mass shootings, some of the best schools in the world, free healthcare, family nearby. Money solves a lot of problems us povos couldn’t imagine, moving country is only a problem because he’s making it one.
Honestly I"ve no idea why he would want to have them live in the US rather than the UK, it's a no brainer if he's actually thinking of the kids

Reactions: 16
No income tax. 9 times out of 10 it always comes back to tax and money 😂
But then you have to live in Florida! You still have to pay the federal income taxes which are far higher than state income tax.

It honestly seems like a bit of a bargain even if you earn over a million and have to pay the highest California income tax of about 13% to pay that and live in California rather than pay 0 state income tax and live in Florida 😆.

Reactions: 6
In the last hour the second babies name has been confirmed as Delphine it’s on all of the news outlets

Reactions: 5
I thought he filed in Florida? I'm getting so confused.
The divorce is filed in Florida.
This is a separate case in Manhatten relating to his alleged abduction of the children.

It's not a bad strategic move.

Reactions: 3
As everyone expected the Hague convention was mentioned in the filing yesterday:

“The Mother has also submitted her Hague Convention Application for Return to the Central Authority for England & Wales seeking the return of the children to England,” Turner's motion read. “In accordance with the Convention, the Central Authority for England & Wales which has transmitted the Application to the United States Department of State, serves as the United States Central Authority,”

“The objects of the Convention are as follows: (1) to secure the immediate return of children wrongfully removed or wrongfully retained in any Contracting State; and (2) to ensure that rights of custody and of access under the law of one Contracting State are effectively respected in other Contracting States.”

The Game of Thrones star filing also included a letter from Steven Anderson, the director of the U.S. State Department’s Office of Children Issues informing the judge that the children, Willa and Delphine, are the subject of an “international child abduction” case under the Hague Convention.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Going to get slaughtered for this, I'm sure. But considering Sophie gave permission for them to be in the US with Joe while she was filming, how is he now being accused of kidnapping based on a verbal agreement he made to move to the UK before they split and the fact that she still has access to them? This is a genuine question, I don't have any knowledge on custody laws in america or england. Will this even stand up in court as an accusation on that basis? Yes, they have roots in the UK like nurseries, doctors, dentists, but they also have the same roots in the US. So on that basis, how is it relevant legally as a child abduction issue?

Morally, I get it so please dont come for me. I'm on Team Sophie. He has played a dirty game and he's an hole. But I'm just trying to figure out how much chance she has of being awarded the permission to move them to England full time. What a mess.

But I'm just trying to figure out how much chance she has of being awarded the permission to move them to England full time.
I think that very much depends on who will be deciding that.

A court in Florida?
A court in NY?
A court in England?
A court in The Hauge?

International custody cases are messy enough as is, this is a whole new level.

MIA eventually managed to move back to England with her son, I think he was a bit older and had already started school in NY. Not sure the details of how it was resolved were ever made public, MIA did tweet and delete a fair bit during.

Reactions: 3
From EDB's video - Joe Jonas has yet to file a response to Manhattan filing.
They have reached an agreement that the children will stay within the jurisdiction of the Southern and Eastern district courts of New York.
It will be interesting to see his what his response is.

Reactions: 1
Finally the name has been revealed. Why were they keeping it a secret anyway? For the drama?