Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, Joe has knowingly agreed to moving to the UK and planned a whole future for them there.
Yes, but that can be said for any marriage before end up getting divorced. You do make plans. You do plan to live somewhere, you don't plan for divorce. (Although celebrities probably should).

The plans they had for the kids have to be changed now. They now need to work out an agreement that is beneficial for the children and living full-time in the UK or living full-time in the US may not work. It needs to be what's best for the children and for the parents to have equal time. Just because he agreed to it when married doesn't mean now with getting divorced he has to stick with that.

And if the UK was end all and be all for everything, why were the children with Joe in the US for all this time on tour while Sophie was working in the UK? Wouldn't they have been in their school or dentist appointments or whatever with a nanny or her fam?

Reactions: 9
I think on paper it was never going to work. A 7 year age gap is quite a big one. I’m sure when they first met (19/26) they both loved to go out and party. He then got married at 30 when he was ready to settle/slow down and had his hoe phase behind him. She was only 23. She’s been open about her struggles with depression, self esteem and being reclusive and how much Joe helped her to come out of her shell. She only started to come into her own in her mid 20s and by that time they’d started having kids. She might now feel like she’s missed out on being young and free. Maybe now she does want to go out more. As she should. She’s 27. Maybe he sees all that as behind him.

She lived in the US when they met. Maybe they never really discussed where their permanent home would be. Or someone changed their mind. Ultimately, it’s a big ask for either of them to leave their friends and family behind and live on a completely different continent.

Tbh he seems very volatile in the sense that once he’s upset, that’s it. All bets are off. Toys out the pram. His brothers describe him as being the sensitive one. He apparently broke up with Sophie the day before their Vegas wedding. So the sudden divorce after an argument just seems like the kind of person he is. He actually reminds me of an ex of mine. It doesn’t add up. She was happy and dancing at their show mere weeks before. I’m sure tensions were brewing beforehand though.
The thing is he's not doing it because he totally wants the kids. He's most likely doing it for control , Sophie is back at work out of the home and earning so he throws his toys out of the pram. She's now a grown woman with her own thoughts and feelings, he can't tolerate it. I think he's just doing it to get back at her. Now she's retaliating by getting dinner with Taylor swift two nights in a row. Taylor isn't exactly the most stable person when it comes to relationships. She can't stay single more than a week!!!

Reactions: 6
And if the UK was end all and be all for everything, why were the children with Joe in the US for all this time on tour while Sophie was working in the UK? Wouldn't they have been in their school or dentist appointments or whatever with a nanny or her fam?
Because filming isn't 9-5. She'd be out of the house and away from the kids for most hours of the day. Joe's touring had him out of the house for fewer hours, in the evening when for most of that time the children would be asleep.

In that situation, being away from their home base but having a parent available to them for the majority of their waking hours is clearly the better option, and they're too young for it to impact on schooling as yet. It doesn't speak to their primary residence any more than it speaks to the primary residence of any touring artist.

Reactions: 14
Because filming isn't 9-5. She'd be out of the house and away from the kids for most hours of the day. Joe's touring had him out of the house for fewer hours, in the evening when for most of that time the children would be asleep.

In that situation, being away from their home base but having a parent available to them for the majority of their waking hours is clearly the better option, and they're too young for it to impact on schooling as yet. It doesn't speak to their primary residence any more than it speaks to the primary residence of any touring artist.
Ooh evil mother for wanting a career and not being with the kids 100% if the time. Dad working is fine though

Reactions: 29
Yes, but that can be said for any marriage before end up getting divorced. You do make plans. You do plan to live somewhere, you don't plan for divorce. (Although celebrities probably should).

The plans they had for the kids have to be changed now. They now need to work out an agreement that is beneficial for the children and living full-time in the UK or living full-time in the US may not work. It needs to be what's best for the children and for the parents to have equal time. Just because he agreed to it when married doesn't mean now with getting divorced he has to stick with that.

According to her filing they were only on tour with him for a matter of weeks. They were still in the UK in August

Reactions: 4
Favors people with more money over gender TBF.
Which most people don't have. And they'd still favour dicks over vaginas. This is why Biden removed the word woman from federal law on day 1 of his presidency. He took a cool $144 million to do that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Sure, but as imminently as this? There house hasn't even completed yet, they had very, very upcoming plans and last minute he's spat his dummy out and filed for a divorce. If they were having long term issues I don't believe they would have sold their house, bought a new one, enrolled the girls into a new life in the UK, so it all points to *he* has had a long term bugbear and last minute has cruelly pulled the plug to get one over on her. I don't believe for one second he has the girls' interest at heart, he just wants to win. Soon see how much he realises he's fucked up if he gets custody.

If he was really thinking about his daughters he'd let them move to England as planned, to have a safer life and not be separated from their mother. He has more than enough money to travel and accommodate this. You can't compare them to your average divorced couple because simply, they aren't.

Reactions: 17
If he was really thinking about his daughters he'd let them move to England as planned,
I don’t think that’s particularly fair. Whatever we can say about him, those are still his daughters at the end of the day. Having them live in a completely different continent would obviously be heartbreaking for him. And I’m sure if he just willingly gave them up, people would say he doesn’t care. There’s no easy answer here. It’s a real predicament for both of them.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think that’s particularly fair. Whatever we can say about him, those are still his daughters at the end of the day. Having them live in a completely different continent would obviously be heartbreaking for him. And I’m sure if he just willingly gave them up, people would say he doesn’t care. There’s no easy answer here. It’s a real predicament for both of them.
Let’s just remember, he divorced her. He abandoned their plans to move to England. Lots of couples stay together for the kids so that they don’t miss out on their childhood. He could have done that, and moved to England as a family unit. But he chose to divorce her and break up the family unit, that doesn’t mean that their family plans to move to England shouldn’t go ahead just because he doesn’t want to. Let’s face it, the kids will probably be in private school and they have what, 16/17 weeks of school holidays? That’s a lot of quality time he can spend with his kids in the US. He’s being a controlling prick so yes he should just let his kids move to England with their mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You chose to cut the latter half of my sentence which completely changes the meaning. Also I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. He's a multi-millionaire, there is absolutely no reason he cannot move to the UK to be closer to the girls, at least spending half of his time there, other than the simple fact he doesn't want to anymore because he hates their mother now. Someone who truly has the children's interests at heart, goes wherever they go. He's not your average Joe (pardon the pun), he doesn't have financial restraints that make it a nightmare for him. This is what they had planned, he agreed to and wanted this. He has changed the goalposts so he should be the one accommodating that. If it were the other way, I'd be saying Sophie should go to the girls, but it isn't.

Reactions: 8
Sure, but as imminently as this? There house hasn't even completed yet, they had very, very upcoming plans and last minute he's spat his dummy out and filed for a divorce. If they were having long term issues I don't believe they would have sold their house, bought a new one, enrolled the girls into a new life in the UK, so it all points to *he* has had a long term bugbear and last minute has cruelly pulled the plug to get one over on her. I don't believe for one second he has the girls' interest at heart, he just wants to win. Soon see how much he realises he's fucked up if he gets custody.

If he was really thinking about his daughters he'd let them move to England as planned, to have a safer life and not be separated from their mother. He has more than enough money to travel and accommodate this. You can't compare them to your average divorced couple because simply, they aren't.
I have to agree they aren't the average couple or even average minor celebrity . He has a networth of 50 million hers is 10 million they dont have 9-5 jobs. Most problems can be fixed by money. He can fly to see his kids whenever he wants. I'd completely understand if they were average people but they aren't.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Rich people have diverse real estate portfolios all over the world. What is stopping him buying himself a UK base and see the girls whenever he wants to? They’d have a safer life in UK, no danger of mass shootings, some of the best schools in the world, free healthcare, family nearby. Money solves a lot of problems us povos couldn’t imagine, moving country is only a problem because he’s making it one.

Reactions: 17
Rich people have diverse real estate portfolios all over the world. What is stopping him buying himself a UK base and see the girls whenever he wants to? They’d have a safer life in UK, no danger of mass shootings, some of the best schools in the world, free healthcare, family nearby. Money solves a lot of problems us povos couldn’t imagine, moving country is only a problem because he’s making it one.
Agreed! Nick & Priyanka are over here all the time anyway so it’s not like the doesn’t have contacts here. If I was him I’d be thinking about their safety, do you really want to be worried about your kids not coming home everytime they leave for school? Come on.

Reactions: 8
They're not own a private jet kind of rich. Even with being worth millions it's still is pretty difficult to have shared custody in two different continents with two young children.

Reactions: 1
They're not own a private jet kind of rich. Even with being worth millions it's still is pretty difficult to have shared custody in two different continents with two young children.
Yeah which is HIS problem cause he changed the plans. Even if he doesn't have a private jet, he's worth $50 million, I'm sure he can slum it and fly first class frequently enough to see the kids. Or y'know, get his own place in the UK.

Reactions: 12
Yeah which is HIS problem cause he changed the plans. Even if he doesn't have a private jet, he's worth $50 million, I'm sure he can slum it and fly first class frequently enough to see the kids. Or y'know, get his own place in the UK.
It's both of their problem that the marriage broke down and they want to live in different continents.

Reactions: 7
It's both of their problem that the marriage broke down and they want to live in different continents.
Nah hard disagree. This isn't a regular situation, he pulled the plug last minute so the onus is on him to accommodate the life they had planned for those girls, not Sophie.

Reactions: 12
According to her filing they were only on tour with him for a matter of weeks. They were still in the UK in August
Out of interest, as I've only seen the filing as regard to people discussing the residence issue.

Was there any mention of breastfeeding?

As in the case of the one year old that would appear a significant factor as to the interest of the child.