Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor Swift helps out with legal fees like she did with Kesha.
Oh definitely, she will have offered support in way more than just monetary. She's the perfect ally to have.

Reactions: 14
Sophie isn't coming out that innocent now. They're all out to dinner in public then she sues him and says kidnapping? This goes with his rep account that they met and discussed amicable to then she sues out of nowhere.

She also has more pap pics with the kids than Joe's one out eating.
The abduction term as per Sophie's filing is explained here.

Reactions: 3
Sophie isn't coming out that innocent now. They're all out to dinner in public then she sues him and says kidnapping? This goes with his rep account that they met and discussed amicable to then she sues out of nowhere.

She also has more pap pics with the kids than Joe's one out eating.
He's blocking the travel of the kids back to what she deems as home. I don't think Sophie ever intended to stay in the US but Covid happened. Most mothers would do anything to see their kids, I get why she would meet him she wants to see them and he's claiming she's an absent mother. She's putting her love of her children above her disliking Joe.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is me just being Nosy but does anyone know the name of their second daughter? I’ve seen her called Delphine in several posts but I’m sure that’s not it!

Reactions: 2
This is me just being Nosy but does anyone know the name of their second daughter? I’ve seen her called Delphine in several posts but I’m sure that’s not it!
I’ve seen Delphine as well. I saw on TikTok the photos of Joe out with the nanny and the kids for lunch and their faces weren’t blurred which shocked me. The eldest looks EXACTLY like Joe.

Reactions: 1
The "abduction" filing is in Manhatten - he is listed as living in New York, she is listed as living in London.

Reactions: 1
Maybe a little far fetched but I saw in Sophie’s legal papers the second daughter’s full initials are DMJ and wondered if maybe she’s the “Daisy May” referred to in Taylor Swift’s “You’re on Your Own, Kid” song? Given Taylor has used the names of other friends’ children (such as Blake Lively’s) in her lyrics in the past 🤷🏼‍♀️ Willa and Daisy sound nice together as well!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don't get how 50/50 would even work when the eldest is due to start school in the next year?
It's kind of sad but I know some people who the kids are with their dad all school holidays which gives them 13 weeks (so still not 50/50) with their money they might fly them to the states some weekends too. But I always think that's so hard on the resident parent as basically you get all the tit parts of parenting, school runs, packed lunches, kids not even there most of the day and then tired after school and no time to do much. While the weekend parent gets to do the fun days out and everything.

Reactions: 16
Mr F's niece is in more or less this situation and she is stuck living in Florida until her daughter is 18 - even though her daughter has dual citizenship (in fact she's got three, her father isn't American), her ex won't give his permission for their daughter to live in the UK, so if they go hone for a few weeks in the summer and decide not to go back to Florida she'll be charged with child abduction. It's a really horrible situation.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Mr F's niece is in more or less this situation and she is stuck living in Florida until her daughter is 18 - even though her daughter has dual citizenship (in fact she's got three, her father isn't American), her ex won't give his permission for their daughter to live in the UK, so if they go hone for a few weeks in the summer and decide not to go back to Florida she'll be charged with child abduction. It's a really horrible situation.
To be fair I don't know why they can't do split custody oversees. Joe doesn't have a regular 9-5 job. He flies in and out they are multi millionaires with nannies he doesn't have the problems most normal people do.

Reactions: 14
So apparently, these were taken before Sophie’s lawsuit and the newest Joe press releases…I don’t know how he was blindsided though, he filed for divorce then when he prevented her and the children from leaving, she filed a lawsuit…and somehow he’s the one who was blindsided!?

America is the Disunited States of Men. Everything in that vast country always benefits men. From family law to women's rights. It all favours men. Keep that in mind every step of the way here.

And the men will still claim victimhood and complain. It is the American way.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
America is the Disunited States of Men. Everything in that vast country always benefits men. From family law to women's rights. It all favours men. Keep that in mind every step of the way here.

And the men will still claim victimhood and complain. It is the American way.
Favors people with more money over gender TBF.

Reactions: 7
This will be a very unpopular opinion, but I'll shoot away anyway.

I'm a touch undecided on this. I get why most aren't because the general public general always jumps to the defense of the mother and his PR handled this badly. But ultimately her filing is nonsense and would be seen as litigation abuse (especially since they met up personally the day before) if the genders were reveresed. Her own filing shows that their living situation has been extremely fluid, so there is no stability argument to make atm and also no "kidnapping", and whatever they may have decided to do in the future no longer matters. A divorce doesn't mean that the kids automatically go where the mom wants to live (and it also doesnt matter that the dad originally agreed to that living situation, he agreed to that living situation certainly partly as a compromise to his then-wifes wishes)

I also side eye her claim that she learned of the divorce filing online considering how things are working wrt serving personally, many have claimed this before and it turned out to be a lie. He denies this too. So for now for me this point is a he said/she said. She has also now done her own pap walks with the kids (and Taylor Swift/the HAIM sisters to get more support) for which he got an absolute hammering for when he did it, and she also had the other day "sources" claim bad things about him. He certainly started it, but they are now both doing the same. I wish she had just stayed entirely silent, perhaps do one child pap walk to subtly refute the accusations, and done the divorce amicable off-court and if this doesnt work then over the family court (you can petition them about making temporary decisions on the living sitation), immediatelly citing the Hague Convention about kidnapping when the situation is clearly not dangerous and both have access to the kids is an enormous overkill and not in the best interest of the children (my last and so far only post on this thread was about me being concerned how society is radicalising celeb divorces without the parties contributing significantly to it, but I no longer think that this is the case here). I however also think that him withholding passports is wrong as well

Again, he started it and until Sophie's filing I was firmly against him due to the stuff his PR pulled (bear in mind though when those "sources" in celeb divorces say these things about supposedly bad fathers we all react a bit differently to this). But her response has not been good in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree with a lot of this. Joe got hammered for doing a pap walk with the kids, people were saying that sophie wants to keep the children private but it’s ok when she does it.
Their living arrangements over the last year have been all over the place so I don’t really see how either of them can make a case for them being settled in one place which they need to stay in. Whatever plans they made as a couple for their future obviously no longer stand as they are not a couple anymore. And if it’s not fair for Joe to keep the children in America with him it’s equally not fair for Sophie to take them to England and keep them with her. Even if they have a nursery place, drs & dentist registered in England I’m sure they have the same in America too.
The best thing they could do now is keep it all out of the media and work together on a plan that suits them both because the only people that are benefitting from them atm is their lawyers.
I’m not sticking up for Joe, he’s quite obviously a dick. The fact that he filed after they had an argument just screams that he started an argument with her so he could have a reason to end it because he obviously never had any intention of moving the the uk. I just think Sophie was better off staying silent and letting Joe make himself look like the petty immature man child that he is.

Reactions: 9
The thing is, Joe has knowingly agreed to moving to the UK and planned a whole future for them there. It's him last minute who has decided to divorce her and change everything. So yeah, I do think it's perfectly justified to say he is far more in the wrong for wanting to keep them in the US than she is wanting to take them to the UK. I think if your ex had told the world you are a negligent mother you'd be pretty inclined to do a pap walk too tbh.

Reactions: 30
What argument did they have that's bad enough to end the marriage? Must have been bad for a while. She can do better tbh.

Reactions: 5
I think on paper it was never going to work. A 7 year age gap is quite a big one. I’m sure when they first met (19/26) they both loved to go out and party. He then got married at 30 when he was ready to settle/slow down and had his hoe phase behind him. She was only 23. She’s been open about her struggles with depression, self esteem and being reclusive and how much Joe helped her to come out of her shell. She only started to come into her own in her mid 20s and by that time they’d started having kids. She might now feel like she’s missed out on being young and free. Maybe now she does want to go out more. As she should. She’s 27. Maybe he sees all that as behind him.

She lived in the US when they met. Maybe they never really discussed where their permanent home would be. Or someone changed their mind. Ultimately, it’s a big ask for either of them to leave their friends and family behind and live on a completely different continent.

Tbh he seems very volatile in the sense that once he’s upset, that’s it. All bets are off. Toys out the pram. His brothers describe him as being the sensitive one. He apparently broke up with Sophie the day before their Vegas wedding. So the sudden divorce after an argument just seems like the kind of person he is. He actually reminds me of an ex of mine. It doesn’t add up. She was happy and dancing at their show mere weeks before. I’m sure tensions were brewing beforehand though.

Reactions: 9
What argument did they have that's bad enough to end the marriage? Must have been bad for a while. She can do better tbh.
He caught Sophie laughing at his latest delivery of Tom cruise style platform shoes arriving on the doorbell cam.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Unless they come out and discuss it we can only speculate, but I do wonder if Sophie has been actively pursuing scripts and was securing work for after the recent project wrapped.
Joe's family beliefs and ego aren't a secret, so I can imagine him getting both very bitter and very combative at continuing a marriage in which he was expected to play more than the secondary parental figure even with nannies for support.

It would also do much to explain the PR campaign painting her as an absent mother, and specifically picking Florida to file (which I will again point out required lying about the children's time living there) to force the point on custody and controlling Sophie's ability to access work and support networks.

Reactions: 6