Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PootleMcFlutle

Lots to process, it still doesn't make sense, still no proof, her injuries don't match her description of what happened.

So far all I've heard is that they fought a lot, used drugs a lot and smashed things up a lot. When you listen to the tapes it's Johnny who wants the fighting to stop, it's him who's running away and she is encouraging him to stay and fight. That's the polar opposite of an abuser.

I don't think he physically abused her in any way, although my opinion of JD is tarnished somewhat by today's testimony.

Let's see what closing brings. I have a feeling JDs side are gonna bring it.

Reactions: 18

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
Irrelevant but I always hoped Johnny would date Helena bonham Carter, they both did some great movies together and both quirky and odd 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

A-Soul

VIP Member
A point for each party (for what it’s worth!)

FOR HEARD.
IF JD was so out of it on substances/drink, how can he be aware of what he may/or may not be capable of when under the influence?

FOR DEPP
Would he risk this court case if he was guilty? HOW does he know that AH’s side wouldn’t pull some kind of trump card to prove his violence? He is confident of his innocence, and that’s for the reason I believe he never initiated the physical violence that she’s claiming he did.

• Heart

Proof8

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen the vogue article. I piece about how we should believe Heard and in fact all women. It's totally vile.

Also wanted to add although I haven't had violence in an relationship I have had emotional abuse to the point I felt I was going crazy and the threat of violence. The audio actually brought on panic for me. The goading the gaslighting making everything your fault. I'm not a massive fan of movies either Depp has always been around but I don't consider myself a fan.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Timz

VIP Member
Amber is creepy with prolonged staring at the lawyer doing the cross exam and then her sister when she responds.

A psychopath stare 😳

• Haha

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
if i was scared hiding in a communal exercise area from a mad man violent brandishing bottles why would I go BACK into the penthouse? surely id be leaving the building

Knitwit

VIP Member
Monica Lewinsky retweeted a thread 'an interesting + thoughtful take on the depp/heard trial'

Ella Dawson is totally convinced that Amber Heard is a victim, but she does make some interesting points. One of them is how badly behaved the diehard Depp fans are online. I'm not a Johnny Depp fan, I've never watched a Pirates through to the end. I'm aware of his addictions and his relationship controversies, his love of British comedy, particularly the Fast Show, his love of Rock N Roll icons like Keith Richards and Hunter Davies, and his dodgy British accent. I'm also aware he always carries a Jack Sparrow costume and visits children in hospital unannounced. My goddaughter suffered a brain bleed and was rushed to Great Ormond Street, there was a huge crowd of fans and press that me and my daughter had to squeeze past to get through the doors, it turned out that Lily Rose was in the hospital at the same time and he has visited kids ever since.
Dawson also makes the point that real victims are going to be less likely to come forward, which I agree with but I don't believe that is Depp's fault.
The point I'm making is people are not black and white, and situations are not black and white. People can behave badly and still be good. They can also connive and lie and for all his faults I don't believe Depp is a conniver. I do think that Heard is a calculated conniver who took advantage of his addictions while likely also being a victim of his additions. Giving Amber Heard the side-eye doesn't make me a Johnny Depp fan or naive enough to think he didn't behave badly. I tried to make this point on the Alice Evans thread, not in support of her but by pointing out how badly their children were being let down by both parents and literally got driven off that thread, I think most of us on this thread acknowledge Johnny wasn't a saint and has his demons, basically, it is more balanced here than there

Last edited:
  • Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been asked already I've fallen behind the threads are moving so fast😂
Why are AHs witnesses primarily recorded depositions from 2019/20/21, were none of them willing to appear in person for her?
2022 she got no friends

• Haha

Notworthy

VIP Member
I'd hate to be famous, years ago I waited on former F1 driver David Coulthard. He came to Bimini Boatyard in Ft Lauderdale with 8 or 9 others, bill was only around $100 and everyone just sat and waited for him to pay. I was desperate to ask him if anyone had ever said "I'll get this today David" or if he always paid. Johnny by all accounts is exceptionally generous and she has isolated him, moved her friends in and utterly rinsed him. How anyone can consider her the victim I'll never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

JAR21

VIP Member
According to Twitter, in the depo shown yesterday, the make up artist confirmed the hair stylist was there first, for their prep for the James Corden show. And the hair stylist’s statement confirms she saw her without make up on and that there were no marks to her face.

One wonders why Johnny would allow all her friends to live in such close proximity to them if he was using her as a punchbag? Surely he would want them as far away as possible in case they overheard their fights and also wouldn’t he want to isolate her from her support network?
Make it make sense!
And not only that, but to give them all master keys, so they could appear at any time!

• Heart

JAR21

VIP Member
I am just listening to the acting coach and she seems to describe their arguments well.

She also seems to be a credible witness for AH.

It seems that the acting coach was with AH when JD yelled at AH for going out 😱 If this is true, or if the jury believes it, he will lose his case, surely?
But was he yelling because she’d gone out alone, at night, and he thought she should have had security with her?

We've all heard the video of her yelling, so she’s not exactly a shrinking violet. She can’t claim to be traumatised by someone else yelling.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Jonny was OK when he was sober she said. How would she know as she was rarely sober herself

• Haha

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
Watching Legal bytes, and they're saying if Amber took responsibility for the finger incident, (or at least something), her whole story would seem more credible. Because there's no way any human being can be totally perfect, blameless, innocent, like she's portraying. It's impossible. We all have faults, naturally.

They're saying she hasn't humanised herself.
Example: she downplayed her wine consumption. I love wine, I'd be relating to her more if she admitted loving it too 🤣 (not that you have to relate to someone for them to be more credible). But you get my point.

Last edited:

Swerve

That’s why this kind of abuse is so hard to prove. It normally happens between two people, behind closed doors.
Yes…but it’s certainly notable that she only documented the most minor injuries, so minor it’s hard to see them. If you’re of a mind to take photos of things like that, why not do it with the more serious stuff too?