Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amber said she donated to two charities, 3,5 mil each.
Johnny’s lawyers for the US trial requested receipts, which she didn’t provide.
So they subpoenad the two charities to hand over the receipts showing that Amber donated and there were none. The Children’s Hospital provided a letter thanking her for recommending that someone else should donate 100K. If she would have donated 3,5 mil they would have sent her a letter thanking her for that amount.

There is no proof that she didn’t donate, but no proof that she did donate either - which the subpoenas were for.
It was expected that the two charities provided receipts that Amber donated 3,5 mil to each.

There is no proof Musk made the donation, only speculation.

I think it is strange that Waldmann puts everything on Twitter, but if she lied it is a massive deal.

It is also strange that Amber is on the donors roll, if she hasn’t donated:
Thanks, yes this is how I understand it too, except the bit in bold - from what I can make out, the ACLU have yet to respond to the subpoena and CHLA have, of which Adam Waldman has shared one document on Twitter.

That document is a letter from CHLA thanking Amber Heard for recommending an anonymous donor give $500k to them in July 2017. It is clearly just one part of the correspondence - it cannot possibly be all of it. Amber Heard is on their donor list for $1mil+ for 2017, so even if that was just a pledge or a partial donation, and even if that $500k was included in that, they would 100% have more correspondence with her, discussing that pledge/donation.

This letter could easily be unrelated to her divorce settlement, so it’s an obvious attempt for AW to stoke up drama, along with his highlighting of tweets that Elon Musk is a top donater to the ACLU (that proves nothing except Amber Heard and Elon Musk support the same charity, an extremely popular one!)

So, my observation is we have no proof either way currently - it will presumably all come out in the upcoming US trial, if Adam Waldman has the evidence he is hinting at.

I agree, obviously if Amber Heard has lied it is an extremely big deal, it’s perjury, and it is interesting that her legal team tried to quash the subpoenas. All of that leads to the easy conclusion that she lied about her donations, but I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion myself yet. The fact that Adam Waldman is going on about it on Twitter is a bit suspect to me - PR spin and scare tactics come to mind. His Twitter feed is... interesting, to say the least.

Edited to add: you can even see on Adam Waldman’s own screenshot of the letter that there is at least one more letter attached to the email underneath! 😂

Reactions: 3
Thanks, yes this is how I understand it too, except the bit in bold - from what I can make out, the ACLU have yet to respond to the subpoena and CHLA have, of which Adam Waldman has shared one document on Twitter.

That document is a letter from CHLA thanking Amber Heard for recommending an anonymous donor give $500k to them in July 2017. It is clearly just one part of the correspondence - it cannot possibly be all of it. Amber Heard is on their donor list for $1mil+ for 2017, so even if that was just a pledge or a partial donation, and even if that $500k was included in that, they would 100% have more correspondence with her, discussing that pledge/donation.

This letter could easily be unrelated to her divorce settlement, so it’s an obvious attempt for AW to stoke up drama, along with his highlighting of tweets that Elon Musk is a top donater to the ACLU (that proves nothing except Amber Heard and Elon Musk support the same charity, an extremely popular one!)

So, my observation is we have no proof either way currently - it will presumably all come out in the upcoming US trial, if Adam Waldman has the evidence he is hinting at.

I agree, obviously if Amber Heard has lied it is an extremely big deal, it’s perjury, and it is interesting that her legal team tried to quash the subpoenas. All of that leads to the easy conclusion that she lied about her donations, but I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion myself yet. The fact that Adam Waldman is going on about it on Twitter is a bit suspect to me - PR spin and scare tactics come to mind. His Twitter feed is... interesting, to say the least.

Edited to add: you can even see on Adam Waldman’s own screenshot of the letter that there is at least one more letter attached to the email underneath! 😂
If Adam Waldmann withheld the receipt that she donated 3,5 mill then he is actively misrepresenting the situation.
Especially as he also lashed out at the hospital for keeping up the charade.

Despite him stirring up theatrical drama all the time I can’t see him actively misleading public opinion.
This would be extremely stupid and harmful to Johnny Depp.

Reactions: 1
Well, it is not a crime if you keep the money that is yours.

If you tell the media you donated it all and you didn’t, the this is a lie but technically nit a crime unless you get something from it and tell the lie to mislead.

But aid you state under oath that you did something which you didn’t, the YES: it’s a crime. The judge believed her statements as she made them under oath and said so in his judgemeant and as a consequence he dismissed the claim that she was a gold digger
I thought you said she stated in court that she *would* donate the money (in the future) not that she had (in the past)

If Adam Waldmann withheld the receipt that she donated 3,5 mill then he is actively misrepresenting the situation.
Especially as he also lashed out at the hospital for keeping up the charade.

Despite him stirring up theatrical drama all the time I can’t see him actively misleading public opinion.
This would be extremely stupid and harmful to Johnny Depp.
He is regularly misrepresenting the situation with his tweets! And he isn’t doing Johnny Depp any favours with his use of Twitter in my opinion. It’s clear many major news outlets have been digging for dirt on him because of his aggressive behaviour there.

Wait for the trial. If he has the evidence, then we’ll know. For now it’s all conjecture based on the narrative Adam Waldman himself is creating.

He is regularly misrepresenting the situation with his tweets! And he isn’t doing Johnny Depp any favours with his use of Twitter in my opinion. It’s clear many major news outlets have been digging for dirt on him because of his aggressive behaviour there.

Wait for the trial. If he has the evidence, then we’ll know. For now it’s all conjecture based on the narrative Adam Waldman himself is creating.
That is true, it is just such a long wait still. I wish they had kept the original schedule

Adam Waldmann is a nasty piece of work isn’t he? I think most people realise that in any civil case one person is lying and one is telling the truth so can’t imagine it’s that big of a deal for Amber If true

Reactions: 5
Adam Waldmann is a nasty piece of work isn’t he? I think most people realise that in any civil case one person is lying and one is telling the truth so can’t imagine it’s that big of a deal for Amber If true
I find his behavior hugely bizarre.

Yes, everyone lies at court but IF Amber made up that she was abused it is a different dimension.
I guess Waldmann wants to portray her as an unreliable witness.
And I believe JD wants to destroy her career.

Reactions: 2

Well, I guess it is now clear what the second letter is - the one that they sold to the Daily Mail!
The Hospital asked Amber if they will get the money she promised or if they won’t... in 2019! Years after she repeatedly claimed the donated it all.

Very embarrassing for Amber, but strange and uncomfortable how they play it out in the media

Reactions: 4
Well, if what the Daily Mail has seen is correct then she can be done for perjury and I suppose it’s the anchor of Depp’s appeal in The Sun case. I think, however, that they’ll need a lot more evidence to overturn the judge’s ruling - this only proves Heard lied about the money, which although central to Depp’s argument that her accusations were premeditated to gold dig, it doesn’t disprove he could be fairly called a wife beater.

Side note but the juxtaposition of the last two posts - one saying “what career?” in reference to AH and the other questioning why she still gets work - really tickled me!

I don’t get why she hasn’t just shown a bank transfer or something? Then this would be over and done with? Seems with both cases they like to drag it out when it could so easily be settled.

I don’t get why she hasn’t just shown a bank transfer or something? Then this would be over and done with? Seems with both cases they like to drag it out when it could so easily be settled.
If what the Daily Mail is saying is correct, and there’s no reason to believe it isn’t, then she hasn’t paid. She has no proof of payment to show.

I have to say I personally do not think it’s a big deal she hasn’t paid yet - there was a lot of drama and back and forth with the payments originally, with JD attempting to pay them directly to gain tax relief and then publicly accusing AH of not donating when she hadn’t received the money. The money came in installments and AH obviously pledged it in installments, so I wouldn’t get too upset about her failing to do so (or rather, her accountant or business manager failing to do so).

What is a very big deal and very damning, however, is that she claimed in court that she had donated all the money. She lied, and it seems from her lawyer statement and the letter from CHLA she did this knowingly.

She’s potentially committed perjury and this is very serious. It will also be the nail in the coffin for her now: the way people are screaming on social media that she stole money from sick babies, I mean, she’s not going to come back from this. That’s why Adam Waldman & Depp play this all out in the media so publicly - we all know JD stated he wanted his revenge long before the trial ever happened, and he’s getting it right now.

What is a very big deal and very damning, however, is that she claimed in court that she had donated all the money. She lied, and it seems from her lawyer statement and the letter from CHLA she did this knowingly.
Oooof that’s a very sticky situation she’s gotten herself into! I don’t get why she wasn’t truthful, doesn’t anyone realise that there will be a paper trail? Like Johnny sending those text messages to Paul whathisface saying he wanted to rape her corpse, how did he not realise that tit like that will come out.

Reactions: 5
If what the Daily Mail is saying is correct, and there’s no reason to believe it isn’t, then she hasn’t paid. She has no proof of payment to show.

I have to say I personally do not think it’s a big deal she hasn’t paid yet - there was a lot of drama and back and forth with the payments originally, with JD attempting to pay them directly to gain tax relief and then publicly accusing AH of not donating when she hadn’t received the money. The money came in installments and AH obviously pledged it in installments, so I wouldn’t get too upset about her failing to do so (or rather, her accountant or business manager failing to do so).

She’s potentially committed perjury and this is very serious. It will also be the nail in the coffin for her now: the way people are screaming on social media that she stole money from sick babies, I mean, she’s not going to come back from this. That’s why Adam Waldman & Depp play this all out in the media so publicly - we all know JD stated he wanted his revenge long before the trial ever happened, and he’s getting it right now.
I cannot believe she lied. She is either very daring or deluded.
How did. she think that this would not come out?

I agree with you, it does not directly disapprove her claims of DA, but it shows that she is an u reliable witness.

Yes, JD wanted revenge and is about to get it.
But just think about what happened to him if her claims were untrue. He lost his iconic roles, his reputation, his kids had a hard time and he spent a lot of money to defend himself.
I would probably want revenge as well

Reactions: 7
Wtf is that Adam guy his lawyer or stalker?
It’s still not clear to me whether AH said she intends to donate her divorce settlement (future) or that she already has (past) under oath. Does anyone know?

The UK trial. Waldman even copied the transcripts with her statements, the clos8bg arguments of her lawyer that referenced the donations and the reference in the judgement made by J Nicholls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.