Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Johnny needs an intervention, or someone in his life that cares about him and isn't a yes man on the payroll to tell him enough is enough and to move on. I do understand that he feels wronged and wants to prove his innocence but I don't think he is "innocent" - I think they were both as bad as each other and his yes men have agreed with him that he wasn't in the wrong so he's pushing the issue. All he is doing is making himself look worse. I think he has destroyed his career - if he had owned the situation and admitted they were a shitshow together but stated that he wasn't a wife beater as claimed and he wanted to get sober and work on himself blah blah blah everyone would have forgotten and he'd be back working, Hollywood forgives male actors for pretty much everything if they say sorry.

Reactions: 16
Johnny needs an intervention, or someone in his life that cares about him and isn't a yes man on the payroll to tell him enough is enough and to move on. I do understand that he feels wronged and wants to prove his innocence but I don't think he is "innocent" - I think they were both as bad as each other and his yes men have agreed with him that he wasn't in the wrong so he's pushing the issue. All he is doing is making himself look worse. I think he has destroyed his career - if he had owned the situation and admitted they were a shitshow together but stated that he wasn't a wife beater as claimed and he wanted to get sober and work on himself blah blah blah everyone would have forgotten and he'd be back working, Hollywood forgives male actors for pretty much everything if they say sorry.
I agree with you, but I don't think he has only spoken to "yes man" about it - for sure he discussed it also with Vanessa Paradis given that she was scheduled in to testify and given she is the mother of his children, who will be impacted by both his reputation and his ability to earn (eg get the big roles).

I think the court case was a risk given the many dubious text messages (I think some of them came out in error), but I can also understand his wish to clear his name.

How different his life would have been if he would have stayed with Vanessa!

Reactions: 8
I agree with you, but I don't think he has only spoken to "yes man" about it - for sure he discussed it also with Vanessa Paradis given that she was scheduled in to testify and given she is the mother of his children, who will be impacted by both his reputation and his ability to earn (eg get the big roles).

I think the court case was a risk given the many dubious text messages (I think some of them came out in error), but I can also understand his wish to clear his name.

How different his life would have been if he would have stayed with Vanessa!
I suspect Vanessa was the person who told him what was what, but she was the only one, and then when they split it was all just his paid entourage. His children are grown up now, and they were never married, so I doubt he has to give her anything. She probably did have a different relationship with him because he seemed to have completely changed when they were together.

Reactions: 3
I suspect Vanessa was the person who told him what was what, but she was the only one, and then when they split it was all just his paid entourage. His children are grown up now, and they were never married, so I doubt he has to give her anything. She probably did have a different relationship with him because he seemed to have completely changed when they were together.
Well, their son is still a teenager and it was reported that he got bullied in school due to the initial headlines.
I suspect that they still talk to each other, Johnny and Vanessa I mean, and she was scheduled to testify when she didn't have to do that.

I guess we can only speculate and interpret this situation differently

Reactions: 2
The Daily Mail are claiming Adam Waldman is a “former member” of Depp’s legal team in their coverage of a little Twitter spat between him & AH - have I missed something or are they just not fact checking again?!

In the interest of full disclosure, I believed Amber right up until I heard those tapes, and since then I have believed Johnny. And yes I am/was a fan.

I think the case has clearly highlighted that he is by no means perfect - the drugs, the texts, it's all very unsavory but they don't make him an abuser and they're not a crime. He might struggle to recover his image with studios etc. but his most recent films (Minamata and City of Lies) have received rave reviews for his performance, so I hope he'll continue to work after this is done.

However, when there are actual recordings of her admitting to hitting him (more than once) and generally gaslighting/manipulating him for hours on end, I find it completely bizarre that many people still can't conceive of her as an abuser.

And that's not even the tip of the iceberg. Adam Waldman's latest tweets show there are massive holes in her stories. She describes these massive, really obvious injuries, the kind that would take weeks to heal and are difficult to conceal - black eyes, broken nose, split lips, gashes all over her body - and yet she's photographed just days later, make up free with a spotless face.

I don't understand how her supporters can explain that away, and honestly at this point with how much stuff is in the public domain now, I think if you're still supporting her it must be through willful ignorance.

I fully understand why Johnny would want to clear his name properly, but after everything that's happened with the UK case, I genuinely don't think he'll ever manage it.

Reactions: 17
In the interest of full disclosure, I believed Amber right up until I heard those tapes, and since then I have believed Johnny. And yes I am/was a fan.

I think the case has clearly highlighted that he is by no means perfect - the drugs, the texts, it's all very unsavory but they don't make him an abuser and they're not a crime. He might struggle to recover his image with studios etc. but his most recent films (Minamata and City of Lies) have received rave reviews for his performance, so I hope he'll continue to work after this is done.

However, when there are actual recordings of her admitting to hitting him (more than once) and generally gaslighting/manipulating him for hours on end, I find it completely bizarre that many people still can't conceive of her as an abuser.

And that's not even the tip of the iceberg. Adam Waldman's latest tweets show there are massive holes in her stories. She describes these massive, really obvious injuries, the kind that would take weeks to heal and are difficult to conceal - black eyes, broken nose, split lips, gashes all over her body - and yet she's photographed just days later, make up free with a spotless face.

I don't understand how her supporters can explain that away, and honestly at this point with how much stuff is in the public domain now, I think if you're still supporting her it must be through willful ignorance.

I fully understand why Johnny would want to clear his name properly, but after everything that's happened with the UK case, I genuinely don't think he'll ever manage it.
i don’t really know what her supporters are saying, but no one on this thread has denied she could have been/was abusive towards him (if they have then its wrong), this whole case is whether Depo was physically abusive and was the term wife beater correct or incorrect (i don’t like that term at all,and wish it wasn’t used)

again the courts decided based on evidence they have, so they obviously believe he was abusive to have the same conclusion twice.

his out of control temper which has been displayed is enough for me to believe he wasn’t an innocent party at all and they both were as toxic as each other.

They were both good at gaslighting each other it seems.

Reactions: 5
i don’t really know what her supporters are saying, but no one on this thread has denied she could have been/was abusive towards him (if they have then its wrong), this whole case is whether Depo was physically abusive and was the term wife beater correct or incorrect (i don’t like that term at all,and wish it wasn’t used)

again the courts decided based on evidence they have, so they obviously believe he was abusive to have the same conclusion twice.

his out of control temper which has been displayed is enough for me to believe he wasn’t an innocent party at all and they both were as toxic as each other.

They were both good at gaslighting each other it seems.
Oh sorry, I wasn't aiming it anyone here, I just meant in general. I appreciate that the main issue is that of whether he abused her, but I think that collectively there's powerful evidence to show he didn't and that her version of events doesn't seem to be backed by anything solid.

I'm not sure what you mean about his temper being displayed - there was one video of him slamming/kicking a kitchen cupboard door, the rest is just her word. Same for the gaslighting - I only saw it from her, but I haven't read absolutely everything on it.

As for the courts - personally I think it's a bit naïve to assume that the justice system always gets it right. NGN are a powerful force to go up against. But everyone's entitled to an opinion - not looking to get into any heated debates, just sharing my thoughts. :)

Reactions: 7
The Daily Mail are claiming Adam Waldman is a “former member” of Depp’s legal team in their coverage of a little Twitter spat between him & AH - have I missed something or are they just not fact checking again?!
He was thrown out by the court, I believe because AH's team complained about his Twitter action

Oh sorry, I wasn't aiming it anyone here, I just meant in general. I appreciate that the main issue is that of whether he abused her, but I think that collectively there's powerful evidence to show he didn't and that her version of events doesn't seem to be backed by anything solid.

I'm not sure what you mean about his temper being displayed - there was one video of him slamming/kicking a kitchen cupboard door, the rest is just her word. Same for the gaslighting - I only saw it from her, but I haven't read absolutely everything on it.

As for the courts - personally I think it's a bit naïve to assume that the justice system always gets it right. NGN are a powerful force to go up against. But everyone's entitled to an opinion - not looking to get into any heated debates, just sharing my thoughts. :)
The justice system isn't always very "just". If the judge would have found violence on his part on two occasions I would have understood (there was some dubious evidence referring to "kicking" and also something else I cannot recall right now), but the judge found that JD was violent on 12 (of 14) occasions and I find this a bit far fetched, given the evidence is predominantly her testimony only.

Reactions: 4

If she's got a drug addiction that would explain why she got a surrogate and was too lazy to go through the birth herself. I hope the child doesn't come to harm.

I wouldn’t believe 90% of what CDAN writes. It’s such a scam site and the fact that the guy who claims to be an entertainment lawyer is actually a patent lawyer who lives nowhere near LA and knows nobody in the entertainment industry is well-documented.

Amber Heard has said she is physically incapable of having children due to fertility, so without any proof otherwise, I will take her at her word.

I utterly abhor surrogacy but that’s a different discussion for a different time & place.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I'm taking the infertility stuff at her word - despite what I believe is a history of lying, I guess without proof I can't suggest otherwise.

I do feel bad for the kid though. An ex-employer of Whitney Heard (Amber's sister) gave a very enlightening statement/depo which basically said Whitney was terrified of her sister's temper and that she'd taken years of abuse from her. Whitney also said several times (in front of other employees) that Amber was violent towards Johnny and she 'had no idea why he stayed' etc. Apparently this woman has provided a list of names of witnesses that can confirm this.

This woman also claimed that Amber and Elon Musk were locked in a legal battle over embryos they created around 4 years ago, post her divorce - which matches up with the claims she made in her 'announcement'. I know Depp Twitter can get a bit 'conspiracy theorist' at times, so I tend to avoid anyone speculating and focus on accounts that share hard evidence, but it's interesting.

The US case next year will be interesting, his team have been going HARD with collecting more evidence and I believe he has a much stronger case now.

If she's got a drug addiction that would explain why she got a surrogate and was too lazy to go through the birth herself. I hope the child doesn't come to harm.
I can't actually believe she's someone's mother. Who the hell let her become responsible for a child seriously?

Yeah, I'm taking the infertility stuff at her word - despite what I believe is a history of lying, I guess without proof I can't suggest otherwise.

This woman also claimed that Amber and Elon Musk were locked in a legal battle over embryos they created around 4 years ago, post her divorce - which matches up with the claims she made in her 'announcement'. I know Depp Twitter can get a bit 'conspiracy theorist' at times, so I tend to avoid anyone speculating and focus on accounts that share hard evidence, but it's interesting.

Yes I was reading about this recently. She wanted to use the embryos even after they’d broken up. Can’t imagine why 💰💸💶💷🤑

Well it’s odd considering she’s currently trying to counter sue Johnny for $100mil in damages to her career, yet she can clearly afford a surrogate and generally the cost of having a child.

I think somewhere in all the court docs it’s implied Musk is paying her legal fees, and by extension all her witnesses (they've confirmed Amber paid their fees too), so perhaps he’s coughing up child support too?

she must have some serious tit on him to be getting all this after they’ve broken up…

Is the baby Elon Musks?!?!
That's the theory. Apparently her mum mentioned embryos to the ex-employer who reported in a statement as 'I don't know if it's true but this is what I was told' type of thing. I try not to get too caught up in some of the stuff in this case that isn't backed up by evidence, but it's an interesting theory...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.