Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #29

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 2 court cases were different. In the UK one all The Sun had to prove was that it was reasonable to run the story based on the information they had, in other words they ran it in good faith. The information they were given didn't have to be true, as long as they thought it was from a reliable source and there was truth in it then they could report on it.
I seem to recall that because AH was called as a witness in the Sun trial that the rules for discovery were different (as opposed to her being a defendant in the US one) as well.

Reactions: 2
The 2 court cases were different. In the UK one all The Sun had to prove was that it was reasonable to run the story based on the information they had, in other words they ran it in good faith. The information they were given didn't have to be true, as long as they thought it was from a reliable source and there was truth in it then they could report on it.
Yeah, crappy but true. In hindsight, it was obvious he wasn't going to win it but back then, with what we were hearing daily, we were so sure he had it in the bag.

Have they forgotten that the trial was streamed and we could all see and hear the truth.
My friend and I were just talking about how the media was trying to tell what happened in the trial even though we were watching it live. They really tried to get us to believe that what we were seeing and hearing live was not what happened. It's the first time I ever really noticed the media trying to twist things or rather paid attention to it.

Reactions: 12
My friend and I were just talking about how the media was trying to tell what happened in the trial even though we were watching it live. They really tried to get us to believe that what we were seeing and hearing live was not what happened. It's the first time I ever really noticed the media trying to twist things or rather paid attention to it.
That was the advantage of it being broadcast live. If it hadn't been, people would have believed what was printed.

Reactions: 9
That was the advantage of it being broadcast live. If it hadn't been, people would have believed what was printed.
Some still believe it. I've lost count of the amount of media I have seen who think it was the wrong decision and still believe she was the victim.

Reactions: 4
Dan Wooton who caused the entire UK Case apparently is not an Amber supporter and thinks he was tricked but has been looking out due to legal liability from The Sun

pretty big, he wrote the 'why is JK Rowling OK with hiring Wife-Beater Johnny Depp?' article!
---
Some still believe it. I've lost count of the amount of media I have seen who think it was the wrong decision and still believe she was the victim.
yeah its overwhelming - I'd say that what they really are saying is a version of the old "sugar and spice and all things nice, thats what Girls are made of" and knowing that the evidence against Amber is far heavier and very overtly damning but falling back on men being intrinsically devious and women being actually inept at deception or pettiness
its infantilizing of women and pretends that even your average girl/woman doesn't have major life dramas from the awful people within the XX population much like everyone has run ins VS horrible XY men on this planet

Dan Wooton who caused the entire UK Case apparently is not an Amber supporter and thinks he was tricked but has been looking out due to legal liability from The Sun

pretty big, he wrote the 'why is JK Rowling OK with hiring Wife-Beater Johnny Depp?' article!
---

yeah its overwhelming - I'd say that what they really are saying is a version of the old "sugar and spice and all things nice, thats what Girls are made of" and knowing that the evidence against Amber is far heavier and very overtly damning but falling back on men being intrinsically devious and women being actually inept at deception or pettiness
its infantilizing of women and pretends that even your average girl/woman doesn't have major life dramas from the awful people within the XX population much like everyone has run ins VS horrible XY men on this planet
....I mentioned Lady C on the page before - I think Dan Wootton has to keep his mouth shut unfortunately......

• Heart

What gets me is even if you take Johnny out of the picture, there is one other partner she assaulted and if stories are true, there are a few more who haven't come forward. I know they like to claim the DV arrest was bull but TMZ had audio of her in court where the judge said she was only getting away with it because she stayed in another state from where the assault took place and put her on probation meaning if she stepped out of line, she could still be charged yet she claimed it was all bogus and her 'supporters' who scream abusers deserve a special place in hell seem to give her a pass.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The one thing that really gets to me about the media is how they do report on the money side of it…but they haven’t pushed the very obvious extortion angle as they should have done. When she filed for divorce, her attorney made a threat in writing to have AH publicly accuse him of domestic violence unless he agreed to all financial terms within an extortion letter within just a few days. The fact that she only filed for the TRO after the demand for spousal support was refused PROVES she didn’t need one for personal safety reasons, he was out of the country on tour, and apparently she wasn’t scared of him immediately after the so-called attack, it took her over a week of talks with the attorney/publicist to decide on whether to get it. If she was afraid of him, getting a TRO would not have bee dependent on finances.

Shes claimed publicly to have been financially independent from him for the entire relationship (not even her sisters or friends were, there was freeloading going on everywhere), plus that she wanted nothing finally from the divorce.

She demanded full ownership of 3 penthouses, with all taxes and utilities paid for the rest of JDs life. Then, to add to the insult, she also demanded $44k per month for life as well…the breakdown of which included $10k for rent (why? If she had 3 penthouses, does she need a 4th property to live in?), £1k on utilities (yet he’s paying all utilities already). Plus she demand he pay for her groceries, eating out, clothes, the cost of the pets she is demanding custody of, costs of running car he has gifted her, and pay for her agent/pr which surely are a business cost which come out of her earnings,$10k a month on keeping her ‘entertained’ and pay for her laundry to be done. Plus for the rest of his life…she expects him to pay her £500 per month so that she can donate his money to charity and get the PR credit for it. Absolutely insane. All for a 15 month marriage.

Now even if he had thrown a phone and it hit it hit her in the face, the bruising was minor…and given the way she goads and gaslights him during times she knows she is being recorded on audio…I wouldn’t actually blame him for losing control and throwing something. What is clear, is that even if there was some form of violence from him, she had the ability to leave him at any moment, she was never afraid of him, chased him when he wanted a break from her, and she never had a single injury that required medical treatment or prevented her from going out in public (the only visible ‘injury’ was the one she used for the TRO, which moved positions on her face from an earlier photo, other witnesses said they didn’t see on her face on earlier days, plus it even looked like it could have been a nasty zit! This bruise, which was the crux of her demand letters and TRO…given how vital it was as evidence she didn’t do the sensible thing of getting it noted by a medical professional that it was indeed a real bruise and not makeup or a zit, she didn’t get herself properly photographed by her attorney/publicist immediately after the incident to ensure the injury it verified, she just took photos from a friend and didn’t even preserve the metadata so there no proof they were even taken on that day. The media didn’t even make much of story out of the fact that she has used identical photos, one of which was edited to make the injury appear worse, claiming they are taken on different days. There’s even cctv footage shortly before of her getting her sister to take practice swings at her face, as in she wants her to hit her, but not too hard…which the two of them don’t manage to do properly.

she even made him pay £500k accounting/attorney fees. This, from someone who claims to only have £25k in assets…why was she hiring such expensive attorneys if she clearly couldn’t pay their bills with her own money?

The media also, whenever they mention this case, usually fail to mention the £7m non-donation to charity. She claimed to already have donated it, which is really relevant because it’s backing up her claim that she didn’t extort money from him. She then claims she is going to pledge it over time to get the tax benefits. What is never made into a story by the media is that meant that she intended to gain up to $3.5m in tax reductions by spreading payments over 10 years, so was would have actually be gaining that amount from the divorce process! Plus, before donating she could have invested it for interest or on property and received rental income. Even if she had been making annual donations, which she didn’t even do, she would still have been making substantial gains from that money! Her attorney’s logic in why JD couldn’t make those donations directly was that AH wanted the tax benefits and didn’t want him to gain the tax benefits instead. But…if he had paid direct, the charities would have got the whole $7m promptly, it would have actually cost him $3.5m due to tax benefits, but in that scenario it still costs him money, he’s not ‘benefitting’ by spending $3.5m as it’s still higher than the post-nup would have calculated, but in that scenario AH gains nothing.

Her excuse of not making payments due to being sued, even though it was 13 moths between receiving all the money and being sued doesn’t make sense, yet the media don’t focus on that. They also very crucially, haven’t focussed on her being sued by the insurance companies who actually paid her legal fees. There are legal filing which prove that she did not pay $6m in legal costs for the fairfax case, proving she told a barefaced lie about it in court, that $7m is either spent on other things or still in her back account.

The DM running a front page story about a claim of Saudi bots last week is an absolute joke. JD appears to have gotten involved with Saudi’s in Sept 2022 as they offered money to prop up the budget which was going over during filming a movie…it all seems legit because they are doing film festivals and have culture plan in place to move toward investment in entertainment and tourism as a way to avoid reliance on income from oil. JD isn’t the only one attending the film festival and they are investing money all over the industry at the moment. That’s where this claim appears to have originated. Creating a 6 part podcast which uses contributes and a host who is clearly AH biased, plus a data scientist who is making these Saudi bot claims without revealing any actual evidence. There hasn’t been a single Saudi bot Twitter account named as an example and the host has repeatedly ignored requests to give any examples (probably because they don’t actually exist!). Which begs the question, why do the DM run that as front page…when there is no absolve evidence whatsoever that it has a shred of truth in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The one thing that really gets to me about the media is how they do report on the money side of it…but they haven’t pushed the very obvious extortion angle as they should have done. When she filed for divorce, her attorney made a threat in writing to have AH publicly accuse him of domestic violence unless he agreed to all financial terms within an extortion letter within just a few days. The fact that she only filed for the TRO after the demand for spousal support was refused PROVES she didn’t need one for personal safety reasons, he was out of the country on tour, and apparently she wasn’t scared of him immediately after the so-called attack, it took her over a week of talks with the attorney/publicist to decide on whether to get it. If she was afraid of him, getting a TRO would not have bee dependent on finances.

Shes claimed publicly to have been financially independent from him for the entire relationship (not even her sisters or friends were, there was freeloading going on everywhere), plus that she wanted nothing finally from the divorce.

She demanded full ownership of 3 penthouses, with all taxes and utilities paid for the rest of JDs life. Then, to add to the insult, she also demanded $44k per month for life as well…the breakdown of which included $10k for rent (why? If she had 3 penthouses, does she need a 4th property to live in?), £1k on utilities (yet he’s paying all utilities already). Plus she demand he pay for her groceries, eating out, clothes, the cost of the pets she is demanding custody of, costs of running car he has gifted her, and pay for her agent/pr which surely are a business cost which come out of her earnings,$10k a month on keeping her ‘entertained’ and pay for her laundry to be done. Plus for the rest of his life…she expects him to pay her £500 per month so that she can donate his money to charity and get the PR credit for it. Absolutely insane. All for a 15 month marriage.

Now even if he had thrown a phone and it hit it hit her in the face, the bruising was minor…and given the way she goads and gaslights him during times she knows she is being recorded on audio…I wouldn’t actually blame him for losing control and throwing something. What is clear, is that even if there was some form of violence from him, she had the ability to leave him at any moment, she was never afraid of him, chased him when he wanted a break from her, and she never had a single injury that required medical treatment or prevented her from going out in public (the only visible ‘injury’ was the one she used for the TRO, which moved positions on her face from an earlier photo, other witnesses said they didn’t see on her face on earlier days, plus it even looked like it could have been a nasty zit! This bruise, which was the crux of her demand letters and TRO…given how vital it was as evidence she didn’t do the sensible thing of getting it noted by a medical professional that it was indeed a real bruise and not makeup or a zit, she didn’t get herself properly photographed by her attorney/publicist immediately after the incident to ensure the injury it verified, she just took photos from a friend and didn’t even preserve the metadata so there no proof they were even taken on that day. The media didn’t even make much of story out of the fact that she has used identical photos, one of which was edited to make the injury appear worse, claiming they are taken on different days. There’s even cctv footage shortly before of her getting her sister to take practice swings at her face, as in she wants her to hit her, but not too hard…which the two of them don’t manage to do properly.

she even made him pay £500k accounting/attorney fees. This, from someone who claims to only have £25k in assets…why was she hiring such expensive attorneys if she clearly couldn’t pay their bills with her own money?

The media also, whenever they mention this case, usually fail to mention the £7m non-donation to charity. She claimed to already have donated it, which is really relevant because it’s backing up her claim that she didn’t extort money from him. She then claims she is going to pledge it over time to get the tax benefits. What is never made into a story by the media is that meant that she intended to gain up to $3.5m in tax reductions by spreading payments over 10 years, so was would have actually be gaining that amount from the divorce process! Plus, before donating she could have invested it for interest or on property and received rental income. Even if she had been making annual donations, which she didn’t even do, she would still have been making substantial gains from that money! Her attorney’s logic in why JD couldn’t make those donations directly was that AH wanted the tax benefits and didn’t want him to gain the tax benefits instead. But…if he had paid direct, the charities would have got the whole $7m promptly, it would have actually cost him $3.5m due to tax benefits, but in that scenario it still costs him money, he’s not ‘benefitting’ by spending $3.5m as it’s still higher than the post-nup would have calculated, but in that scenario AH gains nothing.

Her excuse of not making payments due to being sued, even though it was 13 moths between receiving all the money and being sued doesn’t make sense, yet the media don’t focus on that. They also very crucially, haven’t focussed on her being sued by the insurance companies who actually paid her legal fees. There are legal filing which prove that she did not pay $6m in legal costs for the fairfax case, proving she told a barefaced lie about it in court, that $7m is either spent on other things or still in her back account.

The DM running a front page story about a claim of Saudi bots last week is an absolute joke. JD appears to have gotten involved with Saudi’s in Sept 2022 as they offered money to prop up the budget which was going over during filming a movie…it all seems legit because they are doing film festivals and have culture plan in place to move toward investment in entertainment and tourism as a way to avoid reliance on income from oil. JD isn’t the only one attending the film festival and they are investing money all over the industry at the moment. That’s where this claim appears to have originated. Creating a 6 part podcast which uses contributes and a host who is clearly AH biased, plus a data scientist who is making these Saudi bot claims without revealing any actual evidence. There hasn’t been a single Saudi bot Twitter account named as an example and the host has repeatedly ignored requests to give any examples (probably because they don’t actually exist!). Which begs the question, why do the DM run that as front page…when there is no absolve evidence whatsoever that it has a shred of truth in it.

Reactions: 5
...it made me laugh how she swore she had a broken nose - and used ice and a 'bruise kit' to disguise it........a true broken nose results in two lovely black and swollen eyes and major swelling around the nose area

This is a Ben Nye 'bruise kit'
1709506249151.png

---
This is a colour correcting palette :
1709506361753.png

I don't think it was a slip up when she said 'bruise kit'

Reactions: 5
All the above +

She :poop: in the 🛏

Also whats the score with her current court case re insurance costs etc?

...it made me laugh how she swore she had a broken nose - and used ice and a 'bruise kit' to disguise it........a true broken nose results in two lovely black and swollen eyes and major swelling around the nose area

This is a Ben Nye 'bruise kit' View attachment 2794445
---
This is a colour correcting palette : View attachment 2794449

I don't think it was a slip up when she said 'bruise kit'
Black Eyes, busted lip and broken nose according to her. Yet a MUA artist who saw her bare-faced said there wasn't as much as a blemish on her, never mind all she claimed to have. It was seemingly only months later she bumped into her again and made the claim she had all those injuries. Add to that, even if she did wear make-up to 'cover it up' there is nothing she could have used to hide the swelling which would still be noticeable.

All the above +

She :poop: in the 🛏

Also whats the score with her current court case re insurance costs etc?

The NYM vs Travellers is over, they settled as expected.

AH vs NYM was dismissed and AH has now filed an appeal - the gist of this suit is she states NYM owe her money she spent on a personal attorney.

No one is really covering it as it's so drawn out and quite boring, and likely to be settled as most of these types of cases are. TheRealLauraB is the only person that seems to be following it and her past videos covering it are pretty good.

source

Wasn’t is that
NYM and Travellers were suing each other, on basis of disagreeing on proportion they had spent and other matters…all settled outside of court with confidential agreement…as you’d expect insurances companies to prefer.

Then the two companies had a joint action to sue AH…on ground of insurance not covering actual malice, and also other matters such as her not using the recommended lawyers.

AH then tried to go the case dismissed because she claimed lack of jurisdiction….she claimed to be stateless because she’d moved abroad, which is a ridiculous as she can only be stateless if the USA revoke her right to live there, not just that she chooses not to. It was clearly a non-argument and done to bide time.

She then counter-sued, tried to claim issues with them trying to choose her legal team etc, even though it was her who causes her team to change 3 times, plus claiming that they owe her money because she started paying legal fees (less than £1m) before the first insurance payout was agreed (but isn’t that her own fault as well, otherwise if she was supposed to do that and start the process without their approval, it would have been backpayed by insurance as part of the process?). Possibly she may also have been paying for the counter claim work…because her insurance is only for defence, so maybe they didn’t cover all costs because she was initiating something that wasn’t defence. I find it highly suspect if the insurers ratified the approach of claiming she’d suffered £100m of defamation herself…the time band it applied to was only a couple of years…there’s no way she would have ever earned that in that timeframe even if JD had admitted domestic assault from the start…she’s not a popular or talented actress. £5m would have been a more plausible claim.

There’s a lot of stuff with her fees being paid by insurance that don’t make sense. I think there were probably plenty of places the insurers could have refused to pay earlier but didn’t. They also paid her appeal costs, which was a complete shambles…using Michele Dauber to write a sham document mixing up events and accusations so they don’t even match AH’s within that trial, plus claiming that if in her brain she considers herself ‘abused’, that was all that was required for the appeal judges to consider it ‘truth’. Plus had a lawyer who tried to get around the page count limitations by using the wrong font size to get more words in, blatantly ignoring the judges basic instructions etc. then the insurance companies offered JD £1m to settle the case, if he agrees to also remove his appeal. That means the insurers likely believed the appeal results could make matters worse for them (remove the £2m win for AH, which they presumably could off-set if he called in the full judgment amount). I think there is a lot more behind them suing her, I think she was bullying the insurers, threatening to sue them anytime she didn’t get own way.

The judge dismissed her counterclaim, but I think the case against her is still ongoing? It’ll be interesting if she loses. Will the media then acknowledge that she lied on the witness stand about the money…or will it turn into an another case of poor AH…the insurance companies used bots to persecute her as well?

Her being covered by insurance, in retrospect, explains a lot of her attitude in court. Regardless of the result, she didn’t expect to pay any more than the less than £1m in legal fees she’d already forked out. The whole thing gave her massive attention, if she won, she stood to gain £100m (and she’s so arrogant she might have believed it possible), and if she lost…she could go on a PR frenzy and claim to be a victim of social media/bots etc and claim the jury was biased…setting off a legion of conspiracy nuts and attracting anyone who wants easy money and attention (Alexi Mostrous) to aid and abet her.

In a lot of ways, because she was protected by insurance, she had no way of actually ‘losing’ due to the court case. Only JD could stand to lose any cash in the judgment plus he had to pay all his own fees which was made worse as her side gave his lawyers the run-around at every opportunity, and revealing all the personal issues with drink/drugs/mmeans he’s even less insurable by the big studios for the blockbuster movies…he’s sealed his fate and I doubt he will do any movie projects now that aren’t independently funded.

Conversely AH…she knew she got Aquaman initially because JD pushed them to give her the chance, then she got kept for the second movie (where the studio wanted to recast due to lack of chemistry…a polite way to say she is is tit actress) due to Elon Musk making legal threats…claims of who knows what (and who knows whether true), but something the studio didn’t want her making public. Her options contract was for 3 movies, in theory the legal threat could have kept her in for the 3rd, but presumably she could have worked out that the 3rd isn‘t likely to happen, or they will have got statements and researched the accusations to be able to rebut legal threats better next time…they possibly would even not make a 3rd movie just to avoid dealing with the AH issue, or just write the script so the action takes place in a location Mera conveniently isn’t seen in…if she’d worked that out then she would already know her only big money job had ended. She potentially would be able to act, but back to the smaller wage she was used to. She really didn’t have much to lose at the trial at all. Especially…if it is true, which seems likely seeing as there was a legal case over frozen embryos, that she is getting monthly child support from the richest man in the world.

I think she has actually gained a lot of friends in the media, a lot of friends in extreme feminist brigade, and a loyal following of lunatics who are willing to openly lie and ignore evidence online to try to improve her reputation.

The hilarious thing is, that for all their support in the media and on X, a pitiful amount of people went to watch her independent movie, many of her lunatics admitted online to buying tickets even though they weren’t attending, it’s made so little at the box office that it won’t have covered her own salary for the job. Then with Aquaman 2, these type of films have a wide release and a fan base than have nothing to do with her…it’s struggled to break even and dropped out of cinemas quickly compared to for example Wonka. Yet JD’s independent movie did very well in France on initial release and is slowly being distributed to other counties…where there is an audience for it even though it is French language so very niche and there likely isn’t much funding for marketing. There is still a general audience appetite to see him at the cinema.

I think this is the thing that the media can’t cope with, they picked a side…and the public picked the other side. The media lost control of the narrative and instead of admitting it…now won’t let it go…especially if AH for example has £50k a month(or more) to spare to pay PR companies to trash JD and enhance her (which is very possible if she has huge child support, and the money will be there for years). This also may be why JD and team don’t fight back via the media…if would just turn into a war of which one of them can spend the most on PR companies…and he’s prone to losing anyway as a man accused of violence the media will find it easier to side with her to keep other clients and other narratives they support happy as well. It’s all a big balancing act.

Notice one thing though, Tortoise podcast, plus the DM are UK based. It seems that because JD lost the UK case…the media feel much safer in the UK to write blatant hit pieces. I doubt he has the time/money/energy to expend on it…but I would love for him to take legal action to get Tortoise to provide him lawyers with the data showing these Saudi bot accounts. According to the podcast, the data analyst was able to prove this by using waybackwhen to see that current pro-depp accounts were historically pro-Saudi government and those posts are now deleted. Yet interestingly…waybackwhen only archives ‘popular’ Twitter accounts…Alexi at 24k followed has never been archived. So if these accounts do exist…they are big ones, bigger in fact that most of the known JD support accounts which are clearly humans with natural opinions as they are linked to YouTubers, and the data can be checked against a public website. So…I’m confident that JD can obliterate this claim of there being evidence pretty easily….but it would need a costly legal process to get the evidence opened up. There’s always the chance of some crazy double bluff from AH, which might stop him doing anything for fear of what he might find and not be able to prove, I wouldn’t put it past her to buy bots to troll her in order to blame him for it…just for the publicly/attention things like the podcast create for her!

Interesting as well, pre-trial she was claiming he was using Russian bots (because one of his lawyers had at some point done work for Russian clients which she claimed meant he had the contacts…what a reach!), but in the documents related to this they were referring to accounts that clearly were not paid bots/trolls. Such and IFOD (fanclub of 20yrs) and Laura Brokov among others. She applied to basically dox 200 accounts and Twitter and the judge said no…the opinions of unconnected people have no relevance to the legal case. So this idea of JD using bots goes back years and has never been proved with any actual example or any real logic showing that he or his team would have paid for it. She’s pushed it in such a way that if any Saudi bots are discovered…I think there’s a fair chance she has bought them. Especially when you consider that JD wants publicity for his work/charity stuff..not his personal life…the constant war in X isn’t actually helping him, so bots keeping this legal matter live don’t help. It’s AH who suffers if people stop talking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
AH seems to be on the war path trying to make herself relevant again.

All of these stories coming out of the woodwork about middle eastern bots and JD shouting at some nobody on the set of Blow.

Give it up Amber, you've fucked up your mediocre career :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6