John Stones #57 He assists, he scores, he's got us on all fours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going off that list I definitely would put him 5th🥹🥹
Justice for rodri too he’s well better than Casemiro ffs View attachment 2166769
Training pics, thank you! I agree, Rodri should have been higher.

they wrote this just for @einahpets93

That was a nice read. ♥
Ice cream looks nice! Looks like a lovely day out.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'd love to see him captain England but am not sure he'd want the responsibility. But - hot as the armband is - captaincy isn't the only way to lead or have influence.
I think this is fascinating when it comes to John. He is clearly popular within teams and role models a good vibe and team attitude. I also think he shows more leadership on the pitch than he is given credit for. But your right it doesn’t seem to be something he seeks.

Its only recently I thought he lacks real belief in himself, the way he has said he is not that great in midfield and can’t see the game like others can (he clearly can). He seems to get very shy when people compliment him on camera.

I hope he will be one of these who really comes into their full potential in their 30’s, gammy hammy permitting. I reckon more an England Captain than a City one.

IMG_5804.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think this is fascinating when it comes to John. He is clearly popular within teams and role models a good vibe and team attitude. I also think he shows more leadership on the pitch than he is given credit for. But your right it doesn’t seem to be something he seeks.

Its only recently I thought he lacks real belief in himself, the way he has said he is not that great in midfield and can’t see the game like others can (he clearly can). He seems to get very shy when people compliment him on camera.

I hope he will be one of these who really comes into their full potential in their 30’s, gammy hammy permitting. I reckon more an England Captain than a City one.

View attachment 2168058
I agree ❤

I think he's much more comfortable doing his job to the best of his ability and being a quiet positive influence in the team, rather than also putting himself front and centre as the face and voice of the team and taking responsibility for keeping everything together. I think he's a great team player but I'm not sure if he'd be comfy or effective in inspiring the team to turn around a bad result for example.

I see him maybe in City's captain group at some point, like as number 4 or 5 (Gundo maybe leaves this summer, Kyle too possibly in the next year or two...there's Kev, Ruben, Rodri, but then no-one else obvious I don't think? For me, John would be in the list of contenders to complete the group in that scenario).

And maybe the odd England match...it only takes Kane, Trippier, Kyle etc to be unavailable and John becomes the most experienced one available so an easy choice. But I think that captaincy probably has Declan's name on it long-term.

I think he'd do it if it was asked of him but maybe he knows himself well enough to not seek it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.