John Stones #53 Baby’s injured, his hammy is hurt, we hope he’s okay and still able to flirt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, my friend, I have not had a good day.

Slept from 11pm to 1:30am, a deep sleep with intense vivid dreams including dreaming about vomiting which is not fun.

From 1:30 to 6am, drifted between wide awake wandering about the house and lying down in a very light dozy kind of state.

Fell asleep at 6, missed my alarm at 7, woke up at 8:30, skipped breakfast, rushed to work.

Then work has been killing me in a very specific and torturous way.

Anyone who spends 10 mins with me notices I'm completely snowed under but the bosses are just like 👍 crack on. Had to call out to my manager today that if I'm assigned X days to work on something, I'm managing to complete maybe half a day per day at best because of everything else constantly going on.

My big piece of work I've been in charge of that was causing me stress before and after Christmas got finished last week. But then this week they've been making tweaks to it and everything is broken and it's my job to call that out and now I'm the blocker to it actually being delivered because all the stuff we were happy with last week is no longer working.

Got another piece of work I'm in charge of, been calling out issues with it for months, now we're coming up on a hard deadline and everyone is panicking about it. I'm supporting an inexperienced colleague in dealing with everybody on it.

Got another piece of work I'm in charge of, work's been done by another inexperienced colleague, I'm putting in loads of work reviewing and giving feedback and hand-holding through it.

Got a piece of work I'm not in charge of but have a load of work to do on it - desperately need a few days of peace and quiet to just churn through it but it's not feasible right now.

Got an urgent task today I had to drop everything for, had to speak to about a dozen different people to find an answer which took a good couple of hours out of my day, but that's largely in control now, just needs a little work doing on it tomorrow.

And a bunch of little but high priority tasks hitting our team regularly that not everyone's trained to deal with, so pitching in with that when I have to.

Had to give a half-hour presentation to 10 people about something I worked on a few weeks ago.

Got a trainee who is largely independent but needs regular check-ins and time for discussions to make sure he's getting benefit out of his training and so I can assess how he's doing and answer any questions etc.

Then on top of that multiple instances every day of emails, messages, phone calls, people stopping off at my desk, "Gossgoss can you take a look at this for me", "I've been pointed in your direction for information about this", "do you know how this works", "can you just give this a quick go for me".

I am exhausted. Skipped lunch too. Colleagues suggesting I eat at my desk if I have to but I really don't want to have to explain my mad eating-in-front-of-people anxiety.

Home now, had to send a task back to my boss with apologies because I haven't had chance to look at it. Feel bad about that but I have to have some sort of boundary don't I.

Feel headachy and nauseous, I think just from poor sleep and no food but not really tired right now and no appetite either.

Bleurghy all round really. Might need to find myself a footballer to marry so I can put my feet up for a bit.

I got wordle in 5 though @maccamacc. Imagine the action we'd all do if we saw baby in the wild.
The Wordle of the Day took me 5 tries as well...

Take it from me - who's probably the worst for giving advice on something she's guilty of more times than not, but - take a step back and distribute / delegate this insane workload, lovely. It won't benefit anyone if you buckle under the pressure and stress, and eventually might not know where to start anymore, because there are too many threads you need to keep up with at once.

I know it's easy to feel guilty for pushing work towards someone else, or plainly saying no - guilty as charged of that, too - but then again, if they want quality work, they should give you the necessary time and means to deliver. Like this, you'll be pulled any which way, and no job will be done to your proper satisfaction.

Also, please do keep considering that promotion, and not on the condition that you can keep up with this insane amount of different projects and side jobs - just because you deserve this promotion, and you can do it. You've proven it so many times already, and I'm certain many will agree with me here that you should just go for it and take that chance. I'm also certain you'd get the job.

I hope you're well, all in all. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There's lots of appeal in being a wag. Fit bloke, endless wealth, travel the world, only work if you want to...

But the catch is that you have to find the right footballer and so many of them are cheats.

A Ruben holiday does sound lovely though. I would make sure he was very well-protected from the sun.
Precisely. The cheating, the scrutiny, the endless intra-wag fighting and drama, social media attacks, the events you’d have to attend with your bloke (social anxiety, so no thanks), etc.
---

Take it from me - who's probably the worst for giving advice on something she's guilty of more times than not, but - take a step back and distribute / delegate this insane workload, lovely. It won't benefit anyone if you buckle under the pressure and stress, and eventually might not know where to start anymore, because there are too many threads you need to keep up with at once.

I know it's easy to feel guilty for pushing work towards someone else, or plainly saying no - guilty as charged of that, too - but then again, if they want quality work, they should give you the necessary time and means to deliver. Like this, you'll be pulled any which way, and no job will be done to your proper satisfaction.

Also, please do keep considering that promotion, and not on the condition that you can keep up with this insane amount of different projects and side jobs - just because you deserve this promotion, and you can do it. You've proven it so many times already, and I'm certain many will agree with me here that you should just go for it and take that chance. I'm also certain you'd get the job.

Heyyyyyy Mimi! How are you, lovely?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Precisely. The cheating, the scrutiny, the endless intra-wag fighting and drama, social media attacks, the events you’d have to attend with your bloke (social anxiety, so no thanks), etc.
---

Heyyyyyy Mimi! How are you, lovely?
Cheating is 100% a no from me, so I am not made for the WAG lifestyle...

Hey lovely, I'm all right. Quite busy at the moment, and the days seem to just be rushing past... How are you?

• Heart
Cheating is 100% a no from me, so I am not made for the WAG lifestyle...

Hey lovely, I'm all right. Quite busy at the moment, and the days seem to just be rushing past... How are you?
If I ever discover that CC cheats, then I will have well and truly lost faith in humanity. @einahpets93

I’m doing well, thank you. Today I’m evidently following the formula of concentrating on work for 30 minutes at a time then getting distracted.

• Heart
If I ever discover that CC cheats, then I will have well and truly lost faith in humanity. @einahpets93

I’m doing well, thank you. Today I’m evidently following the formula of concentrating on work for 30 minutes at a time then getting distracted.
Well, that's super cool! As long as you are productive and effective during those 30 minutes, you can surely get away with being distracted throughout the other 30 minutes. I know I have those moments, too.

I've had to pull the "I'm the boss" card today, and I'm not happy about it, because me grousing at a radio tech is only a temporary fix if anything, but it had to be done. 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Mimi! ❤❤❤❤❤

Thank you for your lovely words which have managed to make me cry.

I'm trying really hard to get better at managing/reducing the workload.

My friend has sent me a template for an Eisenhower matrix to help me with prioritising my tasks and I'm trying to get into the habit of splitting everything out into do/delay/delegate/delete. But it's hard when big chunks of my workload are very specifically for me and quite difficult to dislodge.

And I'm calling out that I have a lot on, speaking to my manager and saying "if you want X doing, I can't do Y today as well" but it still keeps building up and deep down at heart I am suuuuch a people-pleaser that I fall into the mindset of thinking that if I've said I'm super busy and I'm still being asked to pick up more stuff then it must be urgent and nobody else is available and I just have to carry it.

Had a conversation with my therapist about this a while ago, about how my whole approach to helping anyone with anything is I'll carry that for you - she thinks that's a very unhealthy way to be but it honestly hadn't occurred to me that I could or should interact with anyone on a basis other than I look after all the things they can't deal with.

I'm doing okay really. Work is tough and today has been especially bad and I can feel my mood just starting to dip over the past week or two but I have my head above the surface, just need to get the eating and sleeping back under control and keep a sense of perspective.

I hope all is good with you! I'm sure you've been busy, haven't seen you around much lately. Please follow your own excellent advice 😍

Purple baby tax.
TELEMMGLPICT000208972296_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqytxLMmtfp3sC_cEhhtHl3-Sq2vOoHVhVh4Ty00DIiZk.jpeg
john-stones.jpg
tumblr_8788c5d034b7e7715fc8c8e73e07dfa0_f07288fc_1280.jpg
web-vh2_9990.jpg
mm1_0856.jpg
137416FD-68D0-420F-A452-A694B3EB5F3F.png

• Heart
Mimi! ❤❤❤❤❤

Thank you for your lovely words which have managed to make me cry.

I'm trying really hard to get better at managing/reducing the workload.

My friend has sent me a template for an Eisenhower matrix to help me with prioritising my tasks and I'm trying to get into the habit of splitting everything out into do/delay/delegate/delete. But it's hard when big chunks of my workload are very specifically for me and quite difficult to dislodge.

And I'm calling out that I have a lot on, speaking to my manager and saying "if you want X doing, I can't do Y today as well" but it still keeps building up and deep down at heart I am suuuuch a people-pleaser that I fall into the mindset of thinking that if I've said I'm super busy and I'm still being asked to pick up more stuff then it must be urgent and nobody else is available and I just have to carry it.

Had a conversation with my therapist about this a while ago, about how my whole approach to helping anyone with anything is I'll carry that for you - she thinks that's a very unhealthy way to be but it honestly hadn't occurred to me that I could or should interact with anyone on a basis other than I look after all the things they can't deal with.

I'm doing okay really. Work is tough and today has been especially bad and I can feel my mood just starting to dip over the past week or two but I have my head above the surface, just need to get the eating and sleeping back under control and keep a sense of perspective.

I hope all is good with you! I'm sure you've been busy, haven't seen you around much lately. Please follow your own excellent advice 😍

Purple baby tax.
View attachment 1945423View attachment 1945426View attachment 1945427View attachment 1945429View attachment 1945430View attachment 1945431
Oh bless you. I just wanna give you a cuddle and wrap you in the Dino blanket

purple bae is the best. Also purple rodri is beautiful as well!!!

I’ve had a non stop hour. LO went to bed. I tidied up downstairs. Made a salad for my lunch tomorrow. Got mine and LOs bag ready .. I’ve had a shower and scrubbed every inch of my body I felt so gross after work today I don’t know why. Just one of those days. I’ve now just put some washing away , bleached the loo and put some radiance oil in my hair🤣. Now gonna start a book!!

Have you read anything lately goss??

ps bae is fit

I would love to be a wag purely cos I wanna get my hair blow dried every week. Mani pedis , massages. I wanna go for brunch with sash and mrs pickers. I want to have a fancy car. Fancy wardrobe. A personal trainer , a home gym , a cleaner. And a hot rich bf. I’m not shallow at allll 🤪🤪🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I would be a tit wag I don’t do my bikini line enough

I DIDN’T GET THE WORDLE SO ANNOYED

• Haha
  • Heart

I’ve had a non stop hour. LO went to bed. I tidied up downstairs. Made a salad for my lunch tomorrow. Got mine and LOs bag ready .. I’ve had a shower and scrubbed every inch of my body I felt so gross after work today I don’t know why. Just one of those days. I’ve now just put some washing away , bleached the loo and put some radiance oil in my hair🤣. Now gonna start a book!!

ps bae is fit

I would love to be a wag purely cos I wanna get my hair blow dried every week. Mani pedis , massages. I wanna go for brunch with sash and mrs pickers. I want to have a fancy car. Fancy wardrobe. A personal trainer , a home gym , a cleaner. And a hot rich bf. I’m not shallow at allll 🤪🤪🤪
Love you!

I haven't read anything for a while actually 😕 will try to get back into reading soon though. What's your book?

Your wag lifestyle does sound lovely! Very tempting. I just need to find a footballer who fancies me (impossible) and isn't all clingy and needy as that would make me run away. Someone who plays in a foreign league maybe, he can pop over once a week or so and I'll entertain him in the mansion he's bought for me.
---

Oh no I didn't think of the bikini line!

Must add to my footballer requirements - not fussy about body hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Love you!

I haven't read anything for a while actually 😕 will try to get back into reading soon though. What's your book?

Your wag lifestyle does sound lovely! Very tempting. I just need to find a footballer who fancies me (impossible) and isn't all clingy and needy as that would make me run away. Someone who plays in a foreign league maybe, he can pop over once a week or so and I'll entertain him in the mansion he's bought for me.
---

YES. That is the way: a casual, on/off arrangement with a player in another league. (y) I always say Benji Pavard in the Bundesliga would do nicely for me and I don’t even mind that he’s a bit of a tit.

Big hugs to @mimimithis and @Gossgossgoss9888 ❤
---

ps bae is fit

What are you reading? I just finished a couple of historical fiction ones.
---

**frantically searches for permanent hair removal clinics**

• Heart
  • Haha
Love you!

---

Just started one called to hook a star A widowed single mum meets a hollywood actor.
love how you just want a footballer once a week 🤣
---

But if you were a wag you’d have time for laser hair removal 🤣🤣 or a wax. What do you reckon they get

• Heart
Just started one called to hook a star A widowed single mum meets a hollywood actor.
Let us know if the book is good!

The thought of having someone around all the time makes me start itching to run away.

My imaginary football husband can pop round for a shag or for dinner or just to hang out, and we can be in touch while he's away, and go on holidays in the summer, that'd be lovely.

But I can't have him around all the time. I need some time to myself! 😂

• Heart
---

But if you were a wag you’d have time for laser hair removal 🤣🤣 or a wax. What do you reckon they get
They probably get lasered.

The thought of having someone around all the time makes me start itching to run away.

My imaginary football husband can pop round for a shag or for dinner or just to hang out, and we can be in touch while he's away, and go on holidays in the summer, that'd be lovely.

I feel this. I marvel at people in relationships, kudos to all of you because I’m a solitary type.

• Heart
I would like to be a WAG because then I wouldn't be so stressed about having to take 2 hours a day off work for the next 6 weeks for medical treatment. I can't believe I'm really doing this. Well, I've changed my mind 3 times already in the last 6 hours, so we'll see. It starts Tuesday. Happy Valentine's Day to me. 🙃

Anyway... I'd also probably get laid more than never.

Better opportunities for all sorts of threesomes as well.

A pool would nice, too.

My own bedroom and huge fancy bathroom wing of the house.

I don't ask for much. 🤣

• Heart

I read three chapters then went to bed. It’s a cute one!! I’ll keep you posted.
I had an early night again
It’s my last day!!!!!

• Heart
I would like to be a WAG because then I wouldn't be so stressed about having to take 2 hours a day off work for the next 6 weeks for medical treatment. I can't believe I'm really doing this. Well, I've changed my mind 3 times already in the last 6 hours, so we'll see. It starts Tuesday. Happy Valentine's Day to me. 🙃

Anyway... I'd also probably get laid more than never.

Better opportunities for all sorts of threesomes as well.

A pool would nice, too.

My own bedroom and huge fancy bathroom wing of the house.

I don't ask for much. 🤣
I hope all goes well x Baby thinking off you here.

1177DA4D-2733-46E8-AA1B-69F5B2AD8993.jpeg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.