John Stones #36 I heard nothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't believe we need a new thread title again!

Can we talk about grown up energy prices again!?

Help me understand the new price cap...

A max of £2,500 per household - does this technically mean that bae in his mansion can potentially be paying the same as RLF and I in our bungalow!? Because if we'd taken the new fixed rate we were offered a few months ago, we'd have been paying more than £2,500 a year so I presume now we're moving to a variable rate we'll be looking at the max pricing.

We're still getting the £400 discount, so does this mean the cap is actually £2,100!?
It’s not really a cap of £2,500, that’s just an average price for an “average” household. The price per kw is capped, so if you use more you’ll pay more.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
It’s not really a cap of £2,500, that’s just an average price for an “average” household. The price per kw is capped, so if you use more you’ll pay more.
Thanks Rubae, as we've always been on a fixed rate prior to now it's impossible for me to even take a shot in the dark at what our monthly bills are going to be and that really bothers me.

Martin explains

Thank you friend.

Yep. And nowhere near done. 😭

Make sure you have something nice for dinner to give you a little respite and keep you going. That's a very tidy desk btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
imo the worst kind of wank is when you’re really into it and watching 🌽 on your phone and your mum rings you and you have to quickly either decide to decline the call and carry on or stop what you’re doing and answer the phone and hope you’ve closed the web page and they can’t hear the audio.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thanks Rubae, as we've always been on a fixed rate prior to now it's impossible for me to even take a shot in the dark at what our monthly bills are going to be and that really bothers me.

Thank you friend.

Make sure you have something nice for dinner to give you a little respite and keep you going. That's a very tidy desk btw.
Can you look at your usage over the last year? Your bills should have actual usage on there

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Thank you friend.

If you look back at your bills and can see how many kw you’ve used then you’ll be able to estimate it using the current price. Look back at last winter’s for a more accurate estimate than over the summer.

• Heart
sorry to interrupt with immature inanity

John Stones #37 JS5 has a new crop of fans, and we all want to show him our cans

i hate the word cans used for tits

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Thank you friend.

Have you got a smart meter? Mine makes me sick - it was £4 at 5pm yesterday and neither of us had been in. No extra leccy used.
I’m going to cry when I finally use the washing machine

Oh god and then when the heating goes on too it’ll be horrific

• Sad
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Have you got a smart meter? Mine makes me sick - it was £4 at 5pm yesterday and neither of us had been in. No extra leccy used.
Does the kW used look right? I would check you're not hemorrhaging power somewhere

• Heart
Does the kW used look right? I would check you're not hemorrhaging power somewhere
Yeah, its just the price 😢 suppose it’ll average out, but I reckon we’ll be paying a tenner a day in the winter at least. Told him he needs to start going into the office every day

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

Oh god and then when the heating goes on too it’ll be horrific
We have one but it only measures the electricity because for some reason the gas and electricity meters here are on opposite sides of the house.

It's looking like a £50 increase per month on what we pay now!?

Gonna be my new word from now on
Thinking about Bae asking to see your cans in his Emmerdale Farm accent bestowed upon him by @ruby1080

Also, I noticed when I logged in that we are £699 in credit, so surely that'll come off our bills for next year too!?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
We have one but it only measures the electricity because for some reason the gas and electricity meters here are on opposite sides of the house.

Thinking about Bae asking to see your cans in his Emmerdale Farm accent bestowed upon him by @ruby1080

Also, I noticed when I logged in that we are £699 in credit, so surely that'll come off our bills for next year too!?
Yeah, we’ve gone from a variable. Our DD was £110 and now we’ve been asked to pay £215 😢

• Sad
  • Heart

When did you last get billed? If you pay by monthly DD but you're billed half yearly or quarterly, some or all of that credit will go towards that bill

But generally yes you should be in credit after the summer

• Heart

I promise to never do it again. Are you struggling with it? Do you need brain bleach?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
When did you last get billed? If you pay by monthly DD but you're billed half yearly or quarterly, some or all of that credit will go towards that bill

But generally yes you should be in credit after the summer
At the end of May, so you're right, that £699 is our 4 monthly payments since then! Silly me. What would I do without you guys!?

I promise to never do it again. Are you struggling with it? Do you need brain bleach?
I tried reading the chapter this morning and I just started laughing 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.