Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cobette

VIP Member
Kalvin has withdrawn from the England squad, he might have surgery on his shoulder
I am so gutted for him.

I knew that friendly was a terrible idea.

The footy shop at Disney Springs ($100 for LAST SEASON'S kit btw!!) had the black warm up top, it has a v neck so presume the white one does too. Going to continue the hunt for the pic for @Gossgossgoss9888

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
  • Heart

mimimithis

VIP Member
What do you think of Pep’s German? Does he sound fluent? It sounds a bit halting to me but to be fair it’s the man’s 5th language I think!
I remember him learning German, so just he could shout at Müller in German on the training pitch, or so he joked waaaaaaay back when. But yes, his German is fine. They switched to England halfway through, which was even funnier. He used a few Pep-isms.

Here is a little bit

HE IS SO FIT

OMG.

• Heart

mimimithis

VIP Member
Morning/ Evening huns
Glad you’ve arrived safely @cobette - food looks immense

literally haven’t slept a wink - went the gym at 5 out of pure boredom. Now I’m home and about to head for a shower. Don’t know if it’s bae excitement or Everton excitement.
Decided I’m going to go. And then just have to let the charity know, just not entirely sure what I’m going to say to them. I really think Im just going to say bestie has surprised me…
and it’s an opportunity to see him working too, which is also an amazing thing for me… but I still feel bad

ugh, why do I have a conscience 😞
Yaaaaay! It’s the truth, he did surprise you with it. I’m so happy to hear that you’ll go and make the most of your weekend. ❤❤❤

What about your sleep, though? Was there something on your mind?

Good morning, all! Have a good day.

@mimimithis today is your mentor’s last day? Does that mean everything falls on your shoulders now?
Yes, it is. And yes, it will. You’re looking at the new head of cardiac imaging, interim until end of September, fully taking over on October 1st.

Last edited:
  • Heart

mimimithis

VIP Member
@Starttheline Our last thread title didn’t lie that RLFs get to profit and reap the rewards all because of Bae. I doubt he minded. 😂

And thanks for your words of encouragement. My mentor leaves with big shoes to fill, it’s his 30+ years of experience against my 10. I hope you’re right, and it’ll all settle down a bit, but it’ll be a lot of work to rearrange everything and change things to fit my head of department’s vision and ideas.

• Heart

WylieWyles

VIP Member
Oh my god, it was such a long day I almost completely forgot about this very embarrassing thing my coworker did

So late this morning my coworker came back into the workroom after using the restroom and said quietly, "hey, can I talk to you out here in private real quick?"

("Out here" meaning the hallway, away from the temp worker that was in the workroom.)

This made me very nervous, like is he about to tell me he got a job somewhere else and he's leaving me?! 🥺 Did he just get some bad personal news?! What is happening!?

Turns out it was the last one, sorta. He said "Ok, this is really embarrassing what I'm about to tell you... but I basically just kinda sharted in my pants, um, and so I threw away my boxers in the bathroom..."

Me, an empath and also a consummate professional, keeping a serious but kind and understanding face, "Ohh, man, well, it happens..."

"So I'm gonna go out and get some new underwear and also get some medicine for my stomach. Which store do you think would have both?"

We work in a pretty small town so I advised him to try the dollar store or chain pharmacy. I guess he was successful because he came back and said "ok, all good now."

I'm trying to think of what I'd do in this situation. Probably say that I forgot something at home or I saw/heard my dog behaving strangely on my nanny/doggy cams and I need to go check on him. But I live much closer to work than my coworker so these are reasonable lies. I'd even rather tell him that my period started early because somehow this is less embarrassing than shitting your pants, right?

But props to him for being honest. And to me for not laughing.

I guess we really are work soulmates. 👩‍❤️‍👨

I have also been thinking about what some of our authors' OFCs who work at CFA would do in this situation. It's not really as much of an issue for any of the players because they could just go to the kit room and also shower. And if they are travelling they probably have a change of clothes with them anyway. My thoughts really just spiral out of control sometimes. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow