John Stones #24 Praying to God no one can hear us at home because John Stones is forever making us moan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very nice! (y)

Hooray for AL! It’s never smooth sailing the week before, is it??

So glad you’re off until Wednesday! I’m okay, just working away here. Ugh :(
Never! Why is that always the way? I will inevitably be checking emails next week, it's easier than coming back to 600 unread ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Never! Why is that always the way? I will inevitably be checking emails next week, it's easier than coming back to 600 unread ones.
I’m with you on that one. I always check emails on holiday but I only respond to urgent ones. I just don’t want an avalanche to return to. Also, it’s better I handle certain questions from my researchers else some of my colleagues will guess at the answers or make wild assumptions and I have to do damage control when I return.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So after 10,000 different outfits, giving up on wearing the blue dress as it was too formal for my liking so I’ve settled on this outfit (even though I hate my stomach we are going for some bare skin) and RLF has said he will drive! 👏🏼
56CC5153-C6CF-491D-8B20-AA24F79821F1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The two baby techs from IT showed up earlier with my new laptop, including the tech who started last year around the same time as me so I always tease him in a bossy big sister way. I forget how young regular 22-24 year olds really look sometimes. 💀 But then they had to take the laptop back with them to load more software. Also, they just changed my password, so no embarrassment for me, but now I will have to come up with a new one.

They might be back later today with my laptop, which would be great bc I'd love to take it home to play catch-up over the holiday weekend (or at least just get all my configurations set up - I'm EXTREMELY PARTICULAR).

Who needs work-life balance?! 🙃

Here are my direct copypasta notes from my Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios visits in April 2019 (before Galaxy's Edge opened). I wrote these on my notes app the same day or later on that week while I was in boring conference sessions (was in Orlando for a conference and went down early for Disney). Rides & attractions are rated 0 to 3 stars bc I was trying to keep these notes short & sweet. Lol.

Sad death story ahead: At the end of the 2nd day my mom called me to tell me that my grandfather (her dad) had passed away. It wasn't super unexpected, he was 94 and had just had surgery for late stage colon cancer a few days before, but it was a bizarre setting to get that phone call. He was my last grandparent and the one I was closest with. I'm just glad now that he didn't have to suffer through COVID times.

Day 1 (Easter Sunday): Magic Kingdom: 15+ hour day

PERFECT WX! Low 70s, low humidity, sunny, light breeze, NO RAIN
Lyft --> Ferry, Arrived around 9:20am

Pirates of the Carribbean (no wait) ⭐
Splash Mtn ⭐⭐⭐
Big Thunder Mtn RR (FP+) ⭐⭐
-----------------------------------
SNACK: Dole Whip on 🍍 Upside Down Cake 🤤
Enchanted Tiki Room ⭐⭐
Tom Sawyer's Island, meh
LUNCH: Columbia Harbor House - fine, nothing special (hummus veg s'wich)
Haunted Mansion (FP+, magic shot after) ⭐⭐⭐
It's a Small World ⭐⭐
3D movie featuring Donald Duck, silly
Seven Dwarves' Mine Train (2.5 HR wait!) ⭐⭐⭐
Peter Pan's Flight (FP+) ⭐
Photos by Cinderella's Castle
Winnie the Pooh Story ride ⭐
SNACK: Peter Pan Float 🤤
------------------------------------
Shopping: Main Street USA & Tomorrowland (Wall-E?)
-------------------------------------
DINNER: Be Our Guest (salad, filet mignon, dessert trio) - West Wing; M&G with the Beast - weird pervert
Little Mermaid dark ride ⭐⭐
Mad Tea Party (Spinning Teacups)
Space Mountain (nearly barfed) 🤢
Space Ranger shooting ride/game ⭐

Left around 11:30 pm
Monorail --> Lyft
Day 2: Hollywood Studios: 11+ hour day
WX: Slightly warmer but still very nice - upper 70s
Lyft, arrived around 9:20am

Slinky Dog Dash - longest line everrrrr but amazing queue Imagineering ⭐⭐
Wandering in Toy Story Land / Alien magic shot
Little Mermaid puppet show (nostalgic) ⭐
March of the FO ⭐
SW: A GFFA (live action show, no shade, hot AF) ⭐⭐
SW Launch Bay (exhibit - costumes/props/art) ⭐
SW M&G: Kylo Ren - AKA giggle like teenagers in a weird staring contest (Disney Visa perk) & BB-8 ⭐⭐
Star Tours (FP+) NOPE - wanted to die/vomit (had to close eyes) 🤢💀 Dani was rebel spy 🕵️‍♀️
Muppet 3D movie ⭐
LUNCH at the Brown Derby - Cobb salad, duh 🤤
RocknRollercoaster Bon Jovi ride (the WORST) 🤢💀
--------------------------------------
SNACK: frozen lemonade (waiting for D&M to ride BonJovi RC again)
Tower of Terror (FP+) (JFC NEVER AGAIN, but A+ queue Imagineering) 💀🤢
Beauty and the Beast live show (CUTE, much kissing!! Wow!) ⭐
Shopping
SNACK: churro & some frozen slushie/float thing
Indiana Jones stunt show (nostalgic) ⭐
BREAK at Woody's Lunchbox in TSL while waiting for TSM FP+ time. Didn't eat anything.

Got call from Mom that Papa died. I was sitting on a chair that the toys had made from a Mini Babybel cheese - life is ridiculous. Cried a lot, pretended I was ok. 😔
Toy Story Mania (FP+) ⭐⭐⭐

Bus to MK for Michelle to pick up engraved glasses on MSUSA
Ferry (saw MK fireworks & light show on the lake)
Lyft (cried more)
Back at hotel around 10pm?

Tax:

So curly & smiley! 😁🥰 And as a toddler I used to babysit would say: "GLUBBS!" 🧤
View attachment 1548692

If you could tap a button to smell a photo, would you? 🤔🙈
View attachment 1548689
I am sorry you got the news about your grandfather whilst you were on your trip. My uncle passed away whilst I was there in 2013 and it was very surreal being in the place I consider a happy bubble, where nothing seems real, and knowing something so sad was going on back home.

Only 2 stars for Big Thunder?! It’s my favourite. Also I love the Little Mermaid ride, the bit where you are going under the water and it feels all chilly gets me every time.

That hummus veggie sandwich at Columbia Harbor House is a bit of a cult favourite but my mum wasn’t a fan either.

I can’t believe you waited 2.5 hours for Mine Train! I think the longest we’ve waited for anything is about 90 minutes but if I didn’t have RLF with me whinging I would wait long.

Crying at the Beast being a weird pervert, why so? Did you like the food at Be Our Guest? I think it’s awful!

Magic Kingdom at Easter not for the faint hearted.

I LOVE Star Tours.

Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby at excellent choice.

Tower of Terror is the only ride I haven’t ridden (other than the new ones) and I don’t think I’ll ever have the bottle to do it. If bae came with me and held my hand I could probably be persuaded. Did it feel like it was going to go on forever? Was the anticipation actually worse than the drops?

Fireworks from the Seven Seas Lagoon I a lovely memory.

Where did you stay?

Apology tax.

Sorry baby, I'll be sat with my Minnie ears on sobbing into my Dole Whip Float because I miss your sexy face.

Training 170.jpg

So after 10,000 different outfits, giving up on wearing the blue dress as it was too formal for my liking so I’ve settled on this outfit (even though I hate my stomach we are going for some bare skin) and RLF has said he will drive! 👏🏼
LOVE THIS, it is very me.

No, as long as you never wear it with tights.
We've all read OH, none of us are ever wearing tight ever again.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m with you on that one. I always check emails on holiday but I only respond to urgent ones. I just don’t want an avalanche to return to. Also, it’s better I handle certain questions from my researchers else some of my colleagues will guess at the answers or make wild assumptions and I have to do damage control when I return.
Same. Sometimes, a response will take me 5 minutes when it would take someone else an hour, so I may as well deal with it. My work moves so fast that a week out feels like a month, so it's easier to keep a little bit involved.

*wolf whistles*

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I very briefly switched on my work phone today to see how everyone was getting on with the urgent project I did all the prep work for. Saw that they're on target, immediately switched the phone off. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I very briefly switched on my work phone today to see how everyone was getting on with the urgent project I did all the prep work for. Saw that they're on target, immediately switched the phone off. 😊
I am mad at you for doing this, but happy that everything is going to plan and you're not going to spend next week worrying about it!

• Heart
I am sorry you got the news about your grandfather whilst you were on your trip. My uncle passed away whilst I was there in 2013 and it was very surreal being in the place I consider a happy bubble, where nothing seems real, and knowing something so sad was going on back home.

Only 2 stars for Big Thunder?! It’s my favourite. Also I love the Little Mermaid ride, the bit where you are going under the water and it feels all chilly gets me every time.

That hummus veggie sandwich at Columbia Harbor House is a bit of a cult favourite but my mum wasn’t a fan either.

I can’t believe you waited 2.5 hours for Mine Train! I think the longest we’ve waited for anything is about 90 minutes but if I didn’t have RLF with me whinging I would wait long.

Crying at the Beast being a weird pervert, why so? Did you like the food at Be Our Guest? I think it’s awful!

Magic Kingdom at Easter not for the faint hearted.

I LOVE Star Tours.

Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby at excellent choice.

Tower of Terror is the only ride I haven’t ridden (other than the new ones) and I don’t think I’ll ever have the bottle to do it. If bae came with me and held my hand I could probably be persuaded. Did it feel like it was going to go on forever? Was the anticipation actually worse than the drops?

Fireworks from the Seven Seas Lagoon I a lovely memory.

Where did you stay?

Apology tax.

Sorry baby, I'll be sat with my Minnie ears on sobbing into my Dole Whip Float because I miss your sexy face.

View attachment 1548728

LOVE THIS, it is very me.

We've all read OH, none of us are ever wearing tight ever again.
Thank you lovey, 🤍

Same. Sometimes, a response will take me 5 minutes when it would take someone else an hour, so I may as well deal with it. My work moves so fast that a week out feels like a month, so it's easier to keep a little bit involved.

*wolf whistles*
🤍 thank you 🥰

Looking lovely! Have a great time ❤
Thank you lovey ❤

• Heart
I am mad at you for doing this, but happy that everything is going to plan and you're not going to spend next week worrying about it!
🥺 Sorry! Promise I won't do it again.

I am particularly pleased/relieved because, at the request of the Big Boss, I seriously trimmed down the time scales for this work on the basis of the changes we made to how we're doing it, and I've been very nervous that I might have hung the team out to dry.

But so far it looks like it's all on track so I'm casting it from my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This has been my most productive day in ages.

New chapter posted.
Suitcase finally unpacked from last week.
Actually made lunch.
Sorted work stuff.
Accepted mortgage offer.
Have done my ESTAs (mine approved, RLF's still pending).
Have caught up on @lou_claire91 and @LurkingAnnie 's writing and am now beyond feral.

Now watching Forest game and am gagging for it after seeing those warm up shots, am weak for him with a resistance band. Hope he steals one and brings it home with him.
If RLF ESTA is not approved can I come with you?

I am very much looking forward to daily Disney updates

• Heart
Soz, have the idea planted now and just have to decide which of my girls he's going to take it home to.

The Disney planning doc has had the dust shaken off and is open, ready and waiting.

@LurkingAnnie crying at this comment about bae being tapped up by City before his move.

I'm an Evertonian and believe me if City bid again for the amounts quoted last year I WILL CARRY HIM THERE MYSELF !!!
My dad said that about Antony Gordon and Chelsea 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.