John Stones #24 Praying to God no one can hear us at home because John Stones is forever making us moan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prion diseases like CJD are fascinating and heartbreaking. If you're bored and into weird/horrific things, the Wiki page for kuru is an interesting read.

Maybe that's another thing bae does on his laptop - he reads and edits Wikipedia articles - not just football stuff, but weird random tit. I bet he also plays GeoGuessr so he can be THE BEST in case the social media team asks him to play on camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is so interesting. CJD isn't even a factor here in Germany, not for blood donations, not as a risk for blood transfusions. Even former blood transfusions don't have an effect on your status as a donor. The DKMS has a few hard exclusion criteria, but those involve blood diseases, blood-transmitted diseases (like HIV, HepB/C), former cancer disease etc.

Unfortunately we're not without fail, and e.g. blood donations by homosexual men with a sexual activity history < 1 year still aren't admissible, which is beyond ridiculous and homophobic, if I'm honest.
They have only changed the criteria on “men who have sex with men” this year in UK - they are now free to donate!

I am pretty sure the CJD issue is just UK as it was here where it arose and was contained.

I think I once read that some countries (Australia?) also won't let people donate blood if they lived in the UK during certain years because of the perceived CJD risk (there was a big BSE outbreak here in the 80s and 90s). I once watched a documentary about it, it was terrifying.
The is true - other Countries are very risk averse to UK donors because of CJD.

However it hasn’t become the massive public health issue it was feared at the time it would be. It seems to have been contained well. There is probably over reaction to the risk because generally..you can be.

Any way BAE tax from me:

FBD19CCC-94B8-4998-AB25-2B6448FC41B9.jpeg
3E313724-7C4A-4708-9C63-6A599D42110C.jpeg
D4044AC1-898D-4D0C-984C-F091BBC5A280.jpeg
001D59C0-85D6-4AA1-B6A9-1187CAD5DF73.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think I once read that some countries (Australia?) also won't let people donate blood if they lived in the UK during certain years because of the perceived CJD risk (there was a big BSE outbreak here in the 80s and 90s). I once watched a documentary about it, it was terrifying.
I remember the hysteria (in Germany, I mean) about beef meat and anything beef-/cow-related things, when it first became known that CJD was a thing. Prion disease is horrible, still nowadays, and untreatable to this day. I've only seen one patient in my 10 years as a radiologist. I have such sympathy with the affected people. :/

Prion diseases like CJD are fascinating and heartbreaking. If you're bored and into weird/horrific things, the Wiki page for kuru is an interesting read.

Maybe that's another thing bae does on his laptop - he reads and edits Wikipedia articles - not just football stuff, but weird random tit. I bet he also plays GeoGuessr so he can be THE BEST in case the social media team asks him to play on camera.
He does seem to like ants, so it's entirely plausible.

Reactions: 6
I feel like Pep's heard us swooning over him in white shirts and now he's filled his wardrobe with them.

• Heart
  • Haha
I heard voices from my boss's office that sounded like a recorded training or a podcast or something but after a little eavesdropping, no, he's definitely watching/listening to a live baseball game broadcast.

Aaaand he just left for the day, just in time for my turn. 😈⚽

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is head watching Liverpool downstairs?

Can you download the BT Sport app and watch on phone/tablet?
It’s something to do with sky because we switched from BT to them… trying to charge his tablet now 🤣
It’s working in the garage, but that’s a little too uncomfortable for me and I’ve got a numb arse from the bike 🤣

I heard voices from my boss's office that sounded like a recorded training or a podcast or something but after a little eavesdropping, no, he's definitely watching/listening to a live baseball game broadcast.

Aaaand he just left for the day, just in time for my turn. 😈⚽
My hero!

• Haha
Without wanted to drag this little boy into business that’s not his but how can you advocate for this yet spew anti vax bullshit which is harmful to people, including kids?

Nothing stranger than people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.