John Stones #24 Praying to God no one can hear us at home because John Stones is forever making us moan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to stop giving blood when I found out I had a bleeding disorder. People are much less keen to stick needles in you when they realise they also might need to take responsibility for stopping the bleeding.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Damn the footy is clashing with Andy Murrays match at the US Open.

Obviously Bae wins.

• Heart
What I find bizarre is that you can't give blood if you had a transfusion after 1980 incase the blood you received was contaminated with CJD. But surely if that is risky enough to not let you donate, we should all be a bit more worried about having had a transfusion...? Obviously I am v grateful to everyone who gives blood so that I could have some when I needed it as a newborn.

No shorts today @LurkingAnnie

Screenshot_20220831-182931_Instagram.jpg

Baby is starting
Screenshot_20220831-183125_ManCityApp.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What I find bizarre is that you can't give blood if you had a transfusion after 1980 incase the blood you received was contaminated with CJD. But surely if that is risky enough to not let you donate, we should all be a bit more worried about having had a transfusion...? Obviously I am v grateful to everyone who gives blood so that I could have some when I needed it as a newborn.
You are right about this. The truth is there is a lot that is not known about CjD so to be able to say blood products are safe they are very, very risk averse in terms of donor criteria because they can be.

Won’t be so fussy about your organs so do sign on to the register 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4

View attachment 1543432

Baby is starting
View attachment 1543436
I miss him 💔💔💔

• Heart
You are right about this. The truth is there is a lot that is not known about CjD so to be able to say blood products are safe they are very, very risk averse in terms of donor criteria because they can be.

Won’t be so fussy about your organs so do sign on to the register 😉
Oh you can take whatever you want when I die, I have made very clear to my family that they must give away any bits and pieces possible

• Heart

View attachment 1543432

Baby is starting
View attachment 1543436
SO nice to see him starting after his great second half performance against Palace. He deserves it. I’m happy to see Alvarez start, too. That kid’s awesome.

• Heart

View attachment 1543432

Baby is starting
View attachment 1543436
Where the fucks the shorts John? It’s the bloody last day of august - where are the shorts? I’m wearing some!!!

• Haha

View attachment 1543432

Baby is starting
View attachment 1543436
This is so interesting. CJD isn't even a factor here in Germany, not for blood donations, not as a risk for blood transfusions. Even former blood transfusions don't have an effect on your status as a donor. The DKMS has a few hard exclusion criteria, but those involve blood diseases, blood-transmitted diseases (like HIV, HepB/C), former cancer disease etc.

Unfortunately we're not without fail, and e.g. blood donations by homosexual men with a sexual activity history < 1 year still aren't admissible, which is beyond ridiculous and homophobic, if I'm honest.
We're working on it, however, and I hope we'll get this overthrown and put in the bin where it belongs soon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I’m off work tomorrow, can I get away with taking the kids to meet John Stones?! I do also have another child with me whose dad a massive United fan so not sure it would go down well. Damn why have I planned a play date for tomorrow 😞

• Heart
  • Wow
Three 22 year olds up front. I've never felt so old.
I feel this. At least Haaland is physically imposing and Phil’s been around forever so he seems a bit older but Alvarez looks like a child. And when Cole Palmer gets up to sub on, he looks like a kid in nursery stood there waiting for mummy to pick him up. How is that one only 20, oh my days.

• Haha
I feel this. At least Haaland is physically imposing and Phil’s been around forever so he seems a bit older but Alvarez looks like a child. And when Cole Palmer gets up to sub on, he looks like a kid in nursery stood there waiting for mummy to pick him up. How is that one only 20, oh my days.
Cole Palmer looks like one of those kids who have a summer job or a bit of work experience helping out on the wards... 😁 He'd be sent down to radiology with a patient and look so lost until one of us picks him up and shows him the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This is so interesting. CJD isn't even a factor here in Germany, not for blood donations, not as a risk for blood transfusions. Even former blood transfusions don't have an effect on your status as a donor. The DKMS has a few hard exclusion criteria, but those involve blood diseases, blood-transmitted diseases (like HIV, HepB/C), former cancer disease etc.

Unfortunately we're not without fail, and e.g. blood donations by homosexual men with a sexual activity history < 1 year still aren't admissible, which is beyond ridiculous and homophobic, if I'm honest.
I think I once read that some countries (Australia?) also won't let people donate blood if they lived in the UK during certain years because of the perceived CJD risk (there was a big BSE outbreak here in the 80s and 90s). I once watched a documentary about it, it was terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.