John Stones #11 He can put his fruit in our salads

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is he so dramatic!? Probably had a hair out of place or something.

Why do you have a nice thumb and mine look like Jack's chode thumb!? The lilac is pretty.

yes, everything in this house is Disney, people just keep gifting it

Reactions: 5
That looks lovely. The Disney makes it that much better if you ask me

Reactions: 4
The skewer platter looks especially delicious. What was for pudding?

Reactions: 3
I don't like crisps...

Someone start the new thread before I'm ex-communicated.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone watching the matches tonight?
Switzerland is off to a good start. Women's football is quite lively and entertaining - I've only ever just watched the German women's matches before...
@Gossgossgoss9888 what are your predictions for tonight?
My bet had Portugal to win (so close!) and a Netherlands-Sweden draw (yay!).

Just need a Belgium-Iceland draw and/or a France win tomorrow and I'll make my money back.

Basically I like to bet small stakes on big accumulators, I very rarely win anything significant but it is fun!

John Stones #12 Come on bae, stop hibernating - we need new pics, we're salivating

I love and agree with all of this.

I really do think it's so important to see Jack in this state of calm and control so that we can understand that who he was in the prequel is a part of him, but it's who he is at the extremes of his emotions, not how he goes about his day-to-day. It rounds him out nicely and gives a little insight into his emotional state for future behaviour.

I love Jack's empathy too. He's such a good friend to Ben, so perceptive and kind and I love that side of him.

You're absolutely right, the whole chapter is an exercise in not thinking about things. The context of the prequel is there in snippets and it colours how we view Jack and what we think about how he might be feeling, but it's restrained in a way that makes sense given what we know about the characters.

Hopefully this isn't too much of a spoiler, but ask you asked - Ben and Madders are very background in this fic. We get the odd mention but I suspect because we're following Jack and John and they don't actually see the other two very often, it's rarely appropriate to mention. But it is there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.