John Stones #10 The harem is suffering from content drought, so bae please just get your bulge out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, I'm coming in early with the book club. Those of you who are reading later in the week please come back and talk to me and share my feelings 🥰 Also I'm odd so may well read again before the week is out.

Aaaaah I'm so excited to read this again for the first time in ages.

Many many things I love about this fic. It's just so well written.

But one of the things I absolutely love the most is how it's third person but John POV but he never thinks about fancying Jack, there's nothing really in there to suggest it, until Jack mentions it. The author is hiding the information from us through John choosing not to think about it and that's so clever because we feel his little rush of shock when it gets mentioned.

And the John of this series is so special to me because he's a man who doesn't always understand his own feelings, who deals with them by compartmentalising, and he's working on himself and doing okay. So many fics portray characters as either broken or perfect and the ones I like best are where the character feels alive, and that's John here. He's sad but trying to be kind, he doesn't want to acknowledge his feelings but at the same time he can't stop feeling them, and he's awkward and uncertain but instinctively caring and I love it.

And Jack 😍 The Jack of this story, in the aftermath of the final, is wild and chaotic and unpredictable and nervy, he's a bit of a mess but you can still see why John likes him, not just his looks but his personality, and why he's been guarding his heart against him a little. Even at his messiest he's charming and compelling and warm. One of the things that sticks with me most in this series is the contrast between John's struggle to connect with his feelings and the way Jack's practically drowning in his, and that first starts here.

Then the sex scene is so hot, flowing seamlessly into something so sweet. I love how it's not love, just two people using physical closeness to soothe an emotional distress, but without the sex being angsty or making anything worse.

Feel like I've missed lots of other talking points but I really am rambling now so will come back to the conversation later in the week when other people's comments prompt me to think of more.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Okay, I'm coming in early with the book club. Those of you who are reading later in the week please come back and talk to me and share my feelings 🥰 Also I'm odd so may well read again before the week is out.

But one of the things I absolutely love the most is how it's third person but John POV but he never thinks about fancying Jack, there's nothing really in there to suggest it, until Jack mentions it. The author is hiding the information from us through John choosing not to think about it and that's so clever because we feel his little rush of shock when it gets mentioned.

And the John of this series is so special to me because he's a man who doesn't always understand his own feelings, who deals with them by compartmentalising, and he's working on himself and doing okay. So many fics portray characters as either broken or perfect and the ones I like best are where the character feels alive, and that's John here. He's sad but trying to be kind, he doesn't want to acknowledge his feelings but at the same time he can't stop feeling them, and he's awkward and uncertain but instinctively caring and I love it.

And Jack 😍The Jack of this story, in the aftermath of the final, is wild and chaotic and unpredictable and nervy, he's a bit of a mess but you can still see why John likes him, not just his looks but his personality, and why he's been guarding his heart against him a little. Even at his messiest he's charming and compelling and warm. One of the things that sticks with me most in this series is the contrast between John's struggle to connect with his feelings and the way Jack's practically drowning in his, and that first starts here.

Then the sex scene is so hot, flowing seamlessly into something so sweet. I love how it's not love, just two people using physical closeness to soothe an emotional distress, but without the sex being angsty or making anything worse.

Feel like I've missed lots of other talking points but I really am rambling now so will come back to the conversation later in the week when other people's comments prompt me to think of more.
❤ ❤ ❤ Love your thoughts, will divulge more into them when I read, but for now... Did you read the prequel and Parachute back to back? Or did you read the prequel when originally posted? If you did, what did you think was going to happen next?

I had big plans to read tonight, but unfortunately I am still on page 1 of the Imago search results so I'll see you lads at Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have to admit I don’t like those “Daddy” football tops all their kids wear. I suspect I might be alone with this.
No I love them ❤ makes me so broody.
John can baby me up whenever I wouldn’t mind

• Heart
I have to admit I don’t like those “Daddy” football tops all their kids wear. I suspect I might be alone with this.
I’m not bothered by the tops themselves as much as the kids who wear them. I’m just not a kid person at all. I do have my rare moments, though, e.g. little Alicia Cancelo, KDB’s kids, and Vinny’s daughter are cute little pumpkins but in general, meh.

I know - I am being a miserable old trout.

***also happy to be babied up by John anytime***
Come sit by me.

• Heart
  • Haha

And Jack 😍The Jack of this story, in the aftermath of the final, is wild and chaotic and unpredictable and nervy, he's a bit of a mess but you can still see why John likes him, not just his looks but his personality, and why he's been guarding his heart against him a little. Even at his messiest he's charming and compelling and warm. One of the things that sticks with me most in this series is the contrast between John's struggle to connect with his feelings and the way Jack's practically drowning in his, and that first starts here.

Ahh I’m going to have to read tomorrow. I love that we’re doing a book club. So wholesome

• Heart
Reactions: 4
❤ ❤ ❤ Love your thoughts, will divulge more into them when I read, but for now... Did you read the prequel and Parachute back to back? Or did you read the prequel when originally posted? If you did, what did you think was going to happen next?

I had big plans to read tonight, but unfortunately I am still on page 1 of the Imago search results so I'll see you lads at Christmas.
I can't rightly remember but I think I read the prequel back when it was the only story, and loved it in its own right. Then Parachute was a few chapters in before I noticed it and started reading.

One of the things I love about this author, which I'm sure we'll talk about a LOT in later chapters, is how they shy away from melodrama. Where there's conflict or a cliffhanger it feels earned.

But I think early on I probably expected it to be more explosive and less of a quiet intimate exploration of how a relationship develops. But this is why I am the reader and not the writer 😂

How about you, what was your experience?

• Heart

This is so beautifully laid out and analysed. I read the prequel yesterday and I agree with all of this. I will put my own thoughts down later this week, if that's all right. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What if I told you that I have shy of 3k words on a first chapter? Would that bring you out of the search results?

• Heart
Do you know what I really like Cancelo. Top bloke.

**not to shag
Same. Bernardo mentioned in a video that people think Joao is angry and serious but he’s the opposite off the pitch. He’s just intense, that’s all.

• Heart
I thought you guys were just being quite… go to the main page and a new thread!! 🥳
I still need you to tell me what you were doing to the children with the duck tape pls. Just so I know not to send mine to your old nursery.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I just need a title now, and a description... not sure where I'm going with this yet, but it's been funny writing it so far
Titles are SO hard! I'd say go with whatever you're drawn to first, if you pick something else you'll probably end up hating it.

Another WUIV update. When I say I'm breathless, I'm not joking.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I still need you to tell me what you were doing to the children with the duck tape pls. Just so I know not to send mine to your old nursery.
A parent worked for ducktape and so just brought LOADS in all the time in different patterns and we used it a lot for the boarders on our displays and stuff.

Or to hide our galaxy, sometimes it was a haribo hole.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.