Joe Wicks - The Body Coach

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All those millions and the TV cables run down the wall. Sorry back to despairing about how he treats his little children!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Can I join in? I used to follow Joe and then coincidentally had a baby around the same time as Indie was born. He pissed me off right from the very beginning when he smugly insisted that his less than two week old baby was chilled because of hypnobirthing and because of how calm they both were. Lots of people do hypnobirthing, some people still end up with an emergency c section regardless, and it makes no difference to the type of baby you get - loads of newborns are chilled at a few days old before they unleash hell a few weeks later! It's not your superior bleeping parenting you knobhead!

Then he went on to brag relentlessly about how well she slept, and how early she walked, and how him being so calm and chilled had shaped her personality. And he continued with the smugness until I decided enough was enough and I unfollowed him. I go back for a nosy every so often and saw that he recommended re-trying with food a bit later. I'd initially thought that wasn't a bad idea but I have just found this thread today and I am horrified! I didnt realise he was basically starving her for hours and sending her to bed with no dinner!

Just awful.
Ah some people go through hypnosis birthing classes and still end up screaming bloody murder as the baby pops out - I am pretty sure Rosie would have a very different story for the situation and how ‘chilled’ indie is. Although I’m not sure if she’s just as stuck up - I’ve not really seen much of her to pass comment.
I too find the bragging just too much. It really put pressure on me when I started weaning my son (Same age as indie) and then I had a breakthrough thought - I don’t want to feed my kid all this crap because I wouldn’t want to eat it (I’m not at all fussy!). I chilled out, I give him fish fingers and chips but I also give him the healthy things me and his dad eat. Joe really made me feel like tit at the time but now I know he’s a full time wanker and I’d love to see Indie and sneak her a pack of milk buttons haha.

Reactions: 11
For the next thread are we going for The Body Coach #2 - Joe really gets on our Wicks as suggested earlier in the thread?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Or title suggestion

Rock a bye baby on the worktop, once the books out the lentils will stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh god poor Indie is being taken to a gym today....with a bowl of hamster food and some berries...

Reactions: 3
Thread suggestion: 'They need carbs for Indie and clothes for Marley but Joe's out on another jolly with the Harley'

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How does he not understand that kids/toddlers/babies THRIVE under a routine?
Clueless

Reactions: 10
Surely he should have AD on all his Gousto posts ? Often he doesn't put AD at all or he might put it on story one of 7 etc Should he not put it on all stories and photos with Gousto in it since he owns shares in the company ?

Reactions: 10
Surely he should have AD on all his Gousto posts ? Often he doesn't put AD at all or he might put it on story one of 7 etc Should he not put it on all stories and photos with Gousto in it since he owns shares in the company ?
Yes, he should. Someone should report him.

Reactions: 7
He's definitely shared less since his disgraceful behaviour the other day. I think his inbox must have been a shitstorm!

Reactions: 8
He's definitely shared less since his disgraceful behaviour the other day. I think his inbox must have been a shitstorm!
That and he's probably read here. Since then, he's only been sharing about 4 stories per day if that on the Wean account.

Reactions: 6
That and he's probably read here. Since then, he's only been sharing about 4 stories per day if that on the Wean account.

Nah I just think he has been busy. He was doing that big HIT workout the other day so Rosie will have been doing lunch etc and I'm guessing she is a bit busy with two babies to muck about filming it all when she is on her own ?

I reckon he will be back to his usual videos again soon.

Reactions: 3
Or just take her outside for a walk ? Why would a 1 year old need to learn to use a treadmill ?
Just bizarre 😐 let kids be kids for gods sake, kids don't need to exercise like adults do, they do enough bloody exercise for themselves

Also I know what he'd counter with... I'm modelling good behaviour. Well there's modeling and there's putting a one year old on a treadmill...

My mum and dad are/ were very sporty (mum hockey and netball and dad football) and as kids we were taken along to all their games, always aware that they played it, weekends were full of walking, cycling, tennis etc, and me and my sister have grown up to be very sporty adults too. However they didn't have us on the hockey or football pitch, doing HIIT and eating lentils at 1!

I'm expecting my first at the moment and fully intend to go cycling, do lots of walking, take my little one to me and my husbands games when I get back to them etc, but my mum would think I was a freak if I was training my baby up on the treadmill at not even 2! It's also dangerous!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.