Joe Wicks - The Body Coach

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to not feed your kid properly is neglect. Give it a few more months when Indie is 2 and then she will start refusing everything like most 2 year olds do as they tend to go through extra fussy stages. What will he do then? Let her starve? And also why the duck is she having breakfast in park on a cold morning. Give her a weetabix FFS...

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker but today is the day I join the joe wicks tattle thread. Tonight made my heart hurt for Indie :( poor little thing, so so so clearly starving hungry and she couldn’t have been anymore obvious about not liking her dinner.

Also not to be this person but I have worked in eating disorder inpatient wards for several years and 99.9% of the poor people who i have worked with over the years who suffer from anorexia/bulimia etc have weird family dynamics (overcontrolling, overbearing, perfectionist parents) and many have parents with disordered eating themselves and lots of eating disorders emerge in puberty/early adolescent with some youngsters even age 6 or 7 have been hospitalised.

And when it comes to eating disorders it isnt about the food directly but what it symbolises which is control...something this twit obviously craves. It's sad and I hope he is aware of the consequences of all of this...

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Also not to be this person but I have worked in eating disorder inpatient wards for several years and 99.9% of the poor people who i have worked with over the years who suffer from anorexia/bulimia etc have weird family dynamics (overcontrolling, overbearing, perfectionist parents) and many have parents with disordered eating themselves and lots of eating disorders emerge in puberty/early adolescent with some youngsters even age 6 or 7 have been hospitalised.

And when it comes to eating disorders it isnt about the food directly but what it symbolises which is control...something this twit obviously craves. It's sad and I hope he is aware of the consequences of all of this...
Same. I know a girl who ended up hospitalized with an ED. She had to be in a wheelchair as if she walked anywhere, she could have had a heart attack. Luckily she is ok now.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched his stories from today, this man is an abomination of a father! Honestly couldn’t believe my eyes.

I was so happy he made poor Indie that omelette!

The way she wolfed down that omelette...like a little poor kid that hasn't eaten a proper meal in ages.

Also I find it weird how obsessed someone can be about what their little child eats.....
Wait until she can talk properly....joe will be making a lotta omelettes 🤣

Last edited:
Wow, just watched tonight’s stories. I feel so sorry for little hungry indie. She’s had to deal with so much lately , new baby bro, mummy not being around (in hosp with baby) then all the upset of the festive period. Half the time she is starving, being forced to eat the most revolting looking meals and the best she gets is an omelette. I’m so glad he’s offered her something else tonight as that was actually distressing to watch. And finally he’s got some clothes on his son! About bloody time. I wonder if rosie is on board with all this bull tit and agrees how her daughter is being treated re the food or if it’s all driven by joe. I’d love to know. My son loves a bit of toast, no idea why it’s an issue with joe when head eating it himself.

Reactions: 11
The story last night has made me so cross. He is a complete and utter wanker and needs to
Get it in his head that he is looking after children and children don’t think like adults (although I think he clearly on the maturity level of a child). Give her some bloody toast you mean sod and feed her at a decent time for her meals. She’s clearly upset, he’s filming her and poor indie is left feeling like she’s been naughty and she hasn’t one but. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he is so lucky that he has a patient child he has no idea. Marley will be a different kettle of fish when he’s weaning and he better not treat him like tit if he turns his nose up at the slop that even I wouldn’t want to eat (and I am not fussy whatsoever!). ThE whole leave it for later malarkey is something I’d do with my 7 year old step daughter but that’s because she understands - she has to eat her dinner and there’s no alternatives and she can tell us when she is hungry. He makes my blood boil. Yeah great that Indie eats a bean curry ( I mean what child would knock that back lol- sarcasm!) it’s not because she enjoys it Joe it’s because she’s starving hungry to cretin.

Reactions: 9
bleeping laughing. In his story of Indie eating the omelette, he says "we give her as much variety as possible." He basically responds to what we say on here in his stories.
She eats SO MANY omelettes though poor thing! Hardly variety is it, throwing different veg in each tome

Reactions: 6
The Wean in 15 book is bound to sell a million copies or whatever. What a complete waste of £17 when all the advice is on NHS website plus free booklets from health visitors. Newsflash: offer your baby what you eat minus honey and watch the salt. Sit down as a family and put your phone away. Just get an Ikea high chair off Facebook marketplace but no need for bamboo bowls that you can’t put in the dishwasher.

Reactions: 24
It broke my heart watching those stories! Not surprised she didn’t wanna eat it, it looked like a bowl of sick. She must have been absolutely starving and exhausted I couldn’t imagine not feeding my child for 6+ hours and giving him dinner so late just don’t understand it at all.

The portions he gives her are so small too. They are the right size for a toddler that snacks but if she's only getting 3 meals a day then it's not enough. Proven by the other day when she ate all of hers and then he had to give her some of his as she was obviously wanting more.

Reactions: 4
I was appalled at his behaviour in the videos last night, but where was his wife? Surely it's her job to step in and take some control? I would be mortified if I saw my husband treating our toddler like that.

Reactions: 8
This man is so so bizarre. I never really followed him much but used to see those annoying cooking videos years ago where he’d fling food into a pan and say ‘lean in 15’ in that weird woman voice he has. I’ve now discovered his insta for weaning and I am in SHOCK at it. The child barely eats. Why was she having dinner at 6.30 then trying again at 7.30. Get a bit of routine for god sake, an early decent dinner, and a bottle at that sort of 7/7.30 time and get her away to bed. How many eggs does this kid eat? It’ll be interesting when she goes to school and gets the odd chicken nugget and chip lol. My 15 month old has a morning and night bottle, is asleep by 7.30 and will have had 3 meals and snacks 3x what indie is offered.

Reactions: 7
What is the issue with toast? Not for every meal fine but he acts as if it’s crack cocaine. He’s such an irritating prick and I guarantee that poor girl will grow up with some kind of food issue. Once she’s at school and he can’t control what she eats, the poor thing will probably be terrified her Dad finds out she’s had a cereal bar or chocolate and throw up before she gets home (I know someone this exact situation happened to). I know a 34 year old who still suffers terribly with bulimia because his parents wouldn’t let them have anything “normal” or “bad”. I don’t understand why a small healthy snack will ruin her appetite when she’s got a tiny tummy and needs to eat little and often. She will still be hungry for dinner because a snack is just that - a snack! He’s completely projecting his own food issues / binge mentality on a poor toddler. The wife is a dick for letting it happen.
Doing something once when she’s hungry isn’t going to make a rod. If she likes a meal I’m sure she’ll happily eat it if hungry. I’ve made myself dinner before, sat down and disliked it so have made myself some toast. The next night I want a proper dinner, not toast again. Habits don’t form on the back of doing something every so often. His dinner looked like tit as well. I bought his lean in 15 plan years ago and it was awful - a binge and restrict diet completely and based on “working off” or “earning” calories. Really not ideal for anyone who’s ever had issues around food. The minute you restrict something you obsess over it.

Reactions: 7
If anything I think small snacks increase appetite. The amount of times I wont feel particularly hungry, but then I'll have a snack and be starving!

For me, the most offensive part of those stories last night (apart from the awful looking food he was pleading with her to eat) was that all of the grim process was filmed. She is 19 months old, eating her dinner, tired, hungry, fed up and he thinks it’s ok to film it and share with thousands of people. Why?!? To educate people? To show them ‘the way’? I don’t understand it; it’s intrusive, excessive and unnecessary. Selling his private family life to boost his business will end in tears. Nothing is more important than family, this little girl should not be exposed like this. Completely reprehensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Late to the party but I can’t stand him. Stop throwing food! Stop acting like you’re the first person to ever be a parent! Smug little tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was appalled at his behaviour in the videos last night, but where was his wife? Surely it's her job to step in and take some control? I would be mortified if I saw my husband treating our toddler like that.
She appeared to be sitting at the table opposite him and he panned to show that she had eaten her bowl of food and you could see her holding the baby.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.