Joe Wicks - The Body Coach

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought his post yesterday about streamlining The Body Coach team was pretty self indulgent .... that means 30+ people don’t have jobs anymore and he was boating as if he’d done such an amazing thing!
I thought the exact same thing. He seems to have no self awareness whatsoever.

Reactions: 3
Just remembered - a colleague’s wife works for Channel 4. When he started to do his fitness workouts/vids for schools he wanted a TV series out of it. Channel 4 weren’t interested. He was quite put out by this as he thought they’d welcome him with open arms

Reactions: 6
Just remembered - a colleague’s wife works for Channel 4. When he started to do his fitness workouts/vids for schools he wanted a TV series out of it. Channel 4 weren’t interested. He was quite put out by this as he thought they’d welcome him with open arms
He’s definitely his own biggest fan 🤦🏼‍♀️

What baffles me is that he works with a nutritionist who seems to answer a lot of questions in the wean comments. Surely any good nutritionist would say what he is doing isn't healthy?
If the person is a nutritionist (rather than a dietician) they do not even need qualifications (in the UK at least) this is not a regulated profession

Reactions: 2
Sorry but I think it is verging on abuse.

He acknowledges that she had no snacks throughout the day and then says that's why she's so hungry and eating it. The poor girl is probably starving. I know I would be if I didn't eat from 3-8 pm. The way he goes on about how hungry she is and that she's eating so much because of zero snacks is like he is boasting about it - it is sick. "She wouldn't eat all this if she had snacks" ... if she is hungry, let her bleeping eat. She can have healthy snacks and then a smaller dinner portion if needed. She is a growing child, you prick. I wonder does he get anyone messaging saying what we think?
I noticed how small his meal was last night, so I assume he enjoyed the luxury of snacking between lunch and dinner/tea. My daughter is two, she's got to the stage where she has worked out how to reach the fruit bowl and help herself, I can imagine Indie easily doing this between meals. Also, it's not healthy that he's focusing on how much she eats, what she eats etc and making her aware of this. Yes, feed your toddler healthy balanced meals, but don't make it such a focal point. When she's older she could easily become obsessed over food and body image. At meal times I never make a fuss over my daughter's eating or say "well done" for clearing the plate, she eats well but I want her to have a healthy relationship with food.

Reactions: 11
He’s definitely reading here. It’s like he answers everything people comment on here on his Q&A....sure someone mentioned he’d calm down about having loads of kids once he had two and sure enough they’re taking a break 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t class 5:30pm as ‘early’ for tea for a toddler? That’s normal time isn’t it?

Reactions: 9
Late here too if they have to wait until 5 I’m having to dish out snacks 😂
My two (6 & 10) are starving as soon as we walk through the door so I have tea ready for 4pm then they have a snack (yes joe a snack!) before bed! It’s the only way I’ve found that works 🙈

Reactions: 5
Because he’s a twit
I don’t cut them for my daughter who is the same age as indie because she manages them with no problems at all. She can chew them safely. I cut anything bigger lengthways and small pieces- grapes, strawberries, sausages etc. And I’m not a twit 🤭 not a fan of the snack thing though, it enrages me and I’ve messaged twice about it and left comments but no reply. Especially all the followers messaging telling him they are also now starving their kids on his advice and surprise surprise they’re wolfing down their dinner and any scraps they find on the floor/in the dog bowl

Reactions: 7
I don’t cut them for my daughter who is the same age as indie because she manages them with no problems at all. She can chew them safely. I cut anything bigger lengthways and small pieces- grapes, strawberries, sausages etc. And I’m not a twit 🤭 not a fan of the snack thing though, it enrages me and I’ve messaged twice about it and left comments but no reply. Especially all the followers messaging telling him they are also now starving their kids on his advice and surprise surprise they’re wolfing down their dinner and any scraps they find on the floor/in the dog bowl
I’m the same - my toddler can handle blueberries so I don’t cut them, grapes and stawberries I do though

My son has free access to all snacks for him to help himself. Fruit, crisps, crackers, cheese, etc. And do you know what Joe? He goes for a snack when hes hungry and still eats his meals. Healthy meals aswell. Today he had mixed bean and roasted pepper chilli and ate the lot. only 45 mins before tea he had helped himself to an apple. He isn't usually constantly in his snacks, because I believe in teaching how to self regulate and that's something he has learned to do. Sometimes if he wants a snack not long after lunch, I offer a cup of milk instead and he is usually satisfied with that.

Teaching indie to starve herself in between meals IS NOT healthy. It's not something the majority of adults do, and definitely not what children do. Why do you think milk and fruit is offered as a snack in primary schools? Because they need to be fueled to function. No matter how many bleeping eggs, oats and chia seeds you feed indie, it is not healthy when you are teaching her UNHEALTHY habits.

Why would you not even try your child with a cheese sandwich, carrot and cucumber sticks with hummus and some fruit on the side. Theres more to life than superfoods. LET HER BE A CHILD!!!

Reactions: 26
My son has free access to all snacks for him to help himself. Fruit, crisps, crackers, cheese, etc. And do you know what Joe? He goes for a snack when hes hungry and still eats his meals. Healthy meals aswell. Today he had mixed bean and roasted pepper chilli and ate the lot. only 45 mins before tea he had helped himself to an apple. He isn't usually constantly in his snacks, because I believe in teaching how to self regulate and that's something he has learned to do. Sometimes if he wants a snack not long after lunch, I offer a cup of milk instead and he is usually satisfied with that.

Teaching indie to starve herself in between meals IS NOT healthy. It's not something the majority of adults do, and definitely not what children do. Why do you think milk and fruit is offered as a snack in primary schools? Because they need to be fueled to function. No matter how many bleeping eggs, oats and chia seeds you feed indie, it is not healthy when you are teaching her UNHEALTHY habits.

Why would you not even try your child with a cheese sandwich, carrot and cucumber sticks with hummus and some fruit on the side. Theres more to life than superfoods. LET HER BE A CHILD!!!
Love this post ❤

why has Marley been half naked for most of the day ? hes a newborn , early and spent time in hospital in special care and hes not even got a vest on . i know hes in a blanket but its not the aame a being dressed properly xxx

Reactions: 13
I followed the Wean in 15 page for all of about 5 minutes and the first story was him feeding his child a Gusto #AD and at that point i just thought what a prick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I totally agree with you!! Children are constantly growing and if they aren’t growing their brains are developing etc so they need a good balance of food throughout the day- including snacks and milk. My son is a few months younger than indie and he would be non too impressed if I didn’t give him his quota of milk throughout the day, along with his snacks and three meals - All relatively Balanced and he demolishes the lot! He’s growing and developing! It makes me feel very uneasy watching wean in 15. They are very lucky that Indie is patient, I’m not too sure little Marley will be.

Well, nutritionist isn’t a protected term under U.K. law, meaning anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, doesn’t mean they are a well trained, registered nutritionist. Dietician is a proper professional legally protected title which requires specific training and registration to call yourself that.

So technically, his nutritionist could be anybody really, with questionable levels of training and it would legal to still call themselves a nutritionist.

I was just about to say this! Absolutely anybody can call themselves a nutritionist. She’s probably done a few free online courses and that’s about it. I had a school aquatint that did this and tried to sell meal plans for £160 a pop 😂 she is not a dietician and spouts any old tit.

Reactions: 5
why has Marley been half naked for most of the day ? hes a newborn , early and spent time in hospital in special care and hes not even got a vest on . i know hes in a blanket but its not the aame a being dressed properly xxx
Shocking isn’t it? My son was a December baby and I was so paranoid about keeping him warm those first couple of months. Even with heating on Marley should be wearing clothes 😕

I’ve just discovered this thread, and completely agree with all issues raised around how he feeds his child. I followed the account when my son who is now 1 and also a dec baby was getting ready to wean. I really didn’t find what he makes for indie relatable. Also when my son was brand new he would always be clothed as babies struggle to keep their temp up. My son only spent a day in special care when he was born but the incubators are kept at such a high heat because they cannnot regulate their own temps. the baby really needs some clothes on! I do wonder why they don’t offer snacks, seems really strange , couldn’t imagine not giving my son food for more than a couple of hour as he wouldn’t be a happy bunny. He gets mainly healthy snacks , some I consider not so healthy but it’s surely all about moderation the same as an adult?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.