Joe Wicks - The Body Coach

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing wrong with having formula from being very young.
She was breastfed for a long time too. I think they topped up with formula.
I don’t agree with much (barely anything) Joe does but let’s not make it a breastfeeding vs formula match - both are fine and acceptable ways to feed a baby.

Reactions: 24
Is his mum constantly there to help him with Indie? He doesn’t seem to have left her at all. Maybe leave Indie with your mum and go and see your wife and son in hospital?

Is he scared his mum is going to feed her chocolate as soon as he’s out of sight? She’s probably been doing it on the sly for ages 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Long time lurker. First time poster. This man drives me mad! His voice! His attitude! Everything. If only we could all take our retirement to America for months at a time every year. And let’s face it Rosie wants a McDonald’s delivered to the hospital not Gousto.
Also, I’m an NHS midwife and assuming they are also receiving NHS care I find it unusual that Rosie is still in hospital this many days postnatal. Unfortunately in most trusts (especially as today this the first time the baby has had a feed that wasn’t via NG tube) mums are usually discharged around day 2/3 when it’s unlikely the baby will be returning to the postnatal ward within the next day. It’s sad that this happens and how lovely it is for Rosie to be able to stay but I do feel sad that this isn’t offered to all babies and mums.

Reactions: 6
Nothing wrong with having formula from being very young.
She was breastfed for a long time too. I think they topped up with formula.
I don’t agree with much (barely anything) Joe does but let’s not make it a breastfeeding vs formula match - both are fine and acceptable ways to feed a baby.
I beg your pardon?! Did I not state I have no issue with the way a baby is fed but breast milk is superior to formula. It’s a fact!
Thus considering his holier than thou stance on nutrition I find it hypocritical.

Reactions: 10
I beg your pardon?! Did I not state I have no issue with the way a baby is fed but breast milk is superior to formula. It’s a fact!
Thus considering his holier than thou stance on nutrition I find it hypocritical.
I totally agree with you! It’s absolutely is nutritionally superior... given she has a diet of lentils and quinoa thought they would have been more keen togiver her the real stuff rather than something man made created to mimic a natural product!

Reactions: 4
Long time lurker. First time poster. This man drives me mad! His voice! His attitude! Everything. If only we could all take our retirement to America for months at a time every year. And let’s face it Rosie wants a McDonald’s delivered to the hospital not Gousto.
Also, I’m an NHS midwife and assuming they are also receiving NHS care I find it unusual that Rosie is still in hospital this many days postnatal. Unfortunately in most trusts (especially as today this the first time the baby has had a feed that wasn’t via NG tube) mums are usually discharged around day 2/3 when it’s unlikely the baby will be returning to the postnatal ward within the next day. It’s sad that this happens and how lovely it is for Rosie to be able to stay but I do feel sad that this isn’t offered to all babies and mums.
She’ll probably be in Kingston Hospital again although I’d hazard a guess in the private wing

Reactions: 2
My baby was full term (slightly over) and we had to stay in five days as he was on a course of antibiotics. I picked up an infection in labour and passed it on to him.

Indie had breastmilk until 11 months then apparently lost interest. I would speculate this is because they introduced formula at 7 months and Indie maybe preferred that because the flow was quicker. Children seldom self wean before 2.

Reactions: 9
I went for an x-ray at Charing Cross the other day and that looked quite similar to the outside of where Joe and Indie were today!!

Giving formula doesn’t mean you don’t want what is best for your baby. Some women aren’t lucky enough to be able to be successful with breastfeeding for many reasons so I don’t think we should turn this into a breast vs formula debate. A lot of formula mums feel bad enough without the judgement of not doing what is ‘best’.

But yes, I do agree that Joe needs to calm down and stop being such a smug, holier than thou p**ck 😂

Reactions: 11
Gosh. Is it just me or is he posting even more frequently than normal? I cannot believe how much time he’s spending on Instagram. Maybe trying to cram loads in and then take paternity leave once the baby is home? A new baby in the house will be a transition for all, not least Indie, so I hope he puts the phone down when they get home.

My little girl is 1 day older than indie, and I have felt so sad following his account this last year. It’s always ‘indie can now crawl/walk/feed herself what can yours do?’ And of course my girl was ‘late’ doing everything and it makes you feel like tit. Also we have never offered alternatives at meal time but do give snacks in between meals and she is the fussiest eater ever! A piece of fruit has never passed her lips because she just refuses to eat it and you cant force it down her throat 🤷🏼‍♀️ I often laugh showing my husband what indie had for dinner compared to our girl 😂
He definitely makes you feel like he is a better parent. He struck lucky indie is so laid back, my little girl is so fiercely independent and has such an attitude already, she has her own mind and I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.
And when he says ‘nosh it off’ it makes me cringe 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My little girl is 1 day older than indie, and I have felt so sad following his account this last year. It’s always ‘indie can now crawl/walk/feed herself what can yours do?’ And of course my girl was ‘late’ doing everything and it makes you feel like tit. Also we have never offered alternatives at meal time but do give snacks in between meals and she is the fussiest eater ever! A piece of fruit has never passed her lips because she just refuses to eat it and you cant force it down her throat 🤷🏼‍♀️ I often laugh showing my husband what indie had for dinner compared to our girl 😂
He definitely makes you feel like he is a better parent. He struck lucky indie is so laid back, my little girl is so fiercely independent and has such an attitude already, she has her own mind and I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.
And when he says ‘nosh it off’ it makes me cringe 🤢
Hate the word "bosh" that he uses too. Oh and "smash. Seems to like words ending in sh.

Reactions: 2
I was just thinking Indie will turn 2 just as his book comes out and was thinking terrible 2s might not make for good promotion stories .... Then I realised the new baby will turn 6 months just about the same time !! Made me laugh surely it's just a coincidence ..... 😜

Anyone else feel uncomfortable watching that chap jump over indie? Like what if he misjudged his jump and lands on her 😬

Mod edit to attach
View attachment 65187

Argh I really didn't like this either ! That's his brother. I kept thinking the same if she moves or he judges it wrong that could be nasty !

Reactions: 3
The snobbery some people have towards their kids having fish fingers or the like is so tragic. Fish fingers are pretty healthy and an easy way to make a child eat fish, which is good for them. Fish fingers are actually quite good for kids really in the grand scheme of things. But Joe probably wants the fish served on a bed of quinoa and asparagus or something equally wanky a child doesn't want to eat.
💯%! Hell I had fish fingers for dinner the night before my wedding, never did me any harm!

Reactions: 5
I don’t understand why he always cooks something separate for her? Don’t they eat as a family? Maybe they do but he doesn’t film it but the overall impression I get is that she just eats porridge and omelettes. Oh and whole satsuma segments!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do hope they closed that grotto off to allow him a private visit, otherwise there would have been some seriously pissed off other customers having to listen to St Joe of knobheaddom shrieking his bloody head off.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Giving formula doesn’t mean you don’t want what is best for your baby. Some women aren’t lucky enough to be able to be successful with breastfeeding for many reasons so I don’t think we should turn this into a breast vs formula debate. A lot of formula mums feel bad enough without the judgement of not doing what is ‘best’.

But yes, I do agree that Joe needs to calm down and stop being such a smug, holier than thou p**ck a
Gosh. Is it just me or is he posting even more frequently than normal? I cannot believe how much time he’s spending on Instagram. Maybe trying to cram loads in and then take paternity leave once the baby is home? A new baby in the house will be a transition for all, not least Indie, so I hope he puts the phone down when they get home.
No chance he’ll take ‘paternity’ - he was so smug when Indie was a tiny baby. I remember him posting something about ‘no excuse for having a dad bod when you’ve got a baby’ he acts as though he’s physically birthed their children!

Reactions: 8
I hope Rosie’s okay... knobhead doesn’t seem too fussed! I’d rather have my husband by my side instead of at home filming with bloody Gousto! His behaviour since the babies been born is very odd! Also... hasn’t he booked a holiday for just after Christmas? He’ll be gutted to have to put his own egotistical plans on hold!

The poor kids even dressed in a broccoli T-shirt 😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.