Joe Wicks #6 My mum was a fail, she didn’t feed me kale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He just loves to contradict himself.

I've created a little foodie.

He genuinely thinks everything that has gone well is directly due to him and his actions.
He makes no reference whatsoever to the fact that you can do absolutely everything "right" and it still might not work out.
Being calm might not equal a smooth birth.
Giving your kid certain foods might not equal a non-fussy eater.
Sometimes it's luck of the draw!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've created a little foodie.
He's bleeping insufferable. I'm also really fascinated by the fact that he repeatedly says 'I' and not 'we'. Rosie had no input whatsoever into this. Whenever Indie eats something, it's all down to him.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
That puréed spinach looks absolutely disgusting. Poor Marley.

and Joe - no one needs to know about your sons tit. Stop oversharing - it’s a complete invasion of his privacy!
omg Marley couldnt make it any clearer he is not ready for weaning and he finds everything theyve given him disgusting. Hes actually recoiling away from the approaching spoon!
are they not getting the hint?

Reactions: 4
He does seem really unhappy at the moment. I do think something is up.

He is talking about positivity and inspiration etc but his actions and the rest of what he is saying isn't lining up.

I do think he needs an Instagram break 😕

A bit sad that Marley is hardly mentioned ☹. What do you want for your children's future ? Well I want to do this this and this with Indie ....
What do you enjoy about fatherhood - Doing this thing with Indie
Etc
I also think it's sad that Rosie is hardly mentioned. She does the lion's share of parenting 2 children under 2 but because he has a messiah complex and also films everything he does because he's an exhibitionist parent she doesn't get any of the credit (apart from reading 1 story before Indie's nap (he actually betters her efforts and does 3 or 4 at bedtime though)) 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I literally cannot watch that poor baby be spoon fed pureed green mush any longer ☹ He’s clearly not interested at all! Give him some proper food please Joe 😭
I initially thought Marley wasn't interested in food at all, but watching him with the finger food, the spare spoon and trying to grab the spoon with the food on it looks like he just wants to feed himself. They should give him the spoon with the food on. A couple of times at the beginning they've offered him the spoon, but equally they have tried to stop him too. Babies are clever and are more than capable of spoon feeding themselves, you've just got to do the scooping. I can imagine Marley won't be on purees for long.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I initially thought Marley wasn't interested in food at all, but watching him with the finger food, the spare spoon and trying to grab the spoon with the food on it looks like he just wants to feed himself. They should give him the spoon with the food on. A couple of times at the beginning they've offered him the spoon, but equally they have tried to stop him too. Babies are clever and are more than capable of spoon feeding themselves, you've just got to do the scooping. I can imagine Marley won't be on purees for long.
Loaded spoons would be perfect for him - stop trying to spoon feed him and let him do it himself. They even have those dip spoons which are made for that. He’s an independent little character!

Reactions: 6
So Joe is allowed pizza, chips and coke but I've never seen Indie with a fish finger or a chicken nugget 🙈 sly waiting until shes in bed before they crack out the good stuff haha I cant eat the last biscuit in the pack without feeling bad for my three 😂

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So Joe is allowed pizza, chips and coke but I've never seen Indie with a fish finger or a chicken nugget 🙈 sly waiting until shes in bed before they crack out the good stuff haha I cant eat the last biscuit in the pack without feeling bad for my three 😂
To be fair, I eat all those things but not in front of my little one either. I don’t know how old your children are, would be different for an older one, but Indie is a similar age to my child (not even 2 yet) and i like to hide my sins for after bed time so that he eats a varied diet. Indie’s meals seem pretty decent so I don’t see how we can fault him there.

Definitely agree, he'd do so much better with finger food or feeding himself. That doesn't fit with the plan though!

Reactions: 2
I was about to post the same!! I mean, mine often has double breakfast, but both of those are pretty substantial. And agree on the walnuts - they’re huge ones too 😳

Also the pic of Indie in the ambulance - did I miss the relevance? And why always tell the tale of the allergic reaction with pictures of her in the middle of it? Feels like a bit of a private, vulnerable moment...could just be me but I hate sharing photos of kids when they’re sick. I don’t want pics of me feeling rough so feels unfair to do that to kids!
I just absolutely would not be thinking about grabbing my phone and taking pictures of my sick child !! Totally wrong ! You might take a picture later if they were feeling better but not whilst your child could possibly be in a life threatening moment !!

Reactions: 1
To be fair, I eat all those things but not in front of my little one either. I don’t know how old your children are, would be different for an older one, but Indie is a similar age to my child (not even 2 yet) and i like to hide my sins for after bed time so that he eats a varied diet. Indie’s meals seem pretty decent so I don’t see how we can fault him there.
I have a teenager, primary school age and a baby under 1...I think we will have to agree to disagree on some of Indies meals. Some of them look gross and even Indie wont eat them. Deprivation of foods can cause issues down the line, a little bit of stuff like that isnt going to hurt, even the nutritionist Joe works with has said that in the past. As long as the rest of the time the diet is healthy and varied. Pizza, burgers, chicken goujons etc can all be made healthy. You are a new member so maybe havent read all the threads but Joe even admitted Indie went round picking up her cousins squashed sandwiches off the floor at a get together the other day. That's sad.

Reactions: 9
He does seem really unhappy at the moment. I do think something is up.

He is talking about positivity and inspiration etc but his actions and the rest of what he is saying isn't lining up.

I do think he needs an Instagram break 😕

A bit sad that Marley is hardly mentioned ☹. What do you want for your children's future ? Well I want to do this this and this with Indie ....
What do you enjoy about fatherhood - Doing this thing with Indie
Etc
That is horrific. Marley hardly gets a mention.
Imagine being Marley and reading this when you're a teenager....

Circling back to his role as a father, I asked Joe what his biggest hopes and dreams are for his children in the future. What kind of dad does he want to be, and what does he look forward to doing with the children once they’re old enough? And, it’s a long list!

‘I want to take them surfing, riding on my electric skateboards, I want to take Indie on my motorbike – anything extreme! I just can’t wait for it! Rosie’s already pulling her hair out a bit. Everything I find fun and do with Rosie, I want to do with Indie. I want her to be like my best friend, I want her to come with me and take part in everything, go ice skating and BMXing and all sorts, anything that’s fun, that I love, and I know she’ll love. And even exercising with her, I'd love to just go for a little jog with her, that would be amazing. She watches and copies a little bit when I do PE with Joe, but you know when you see mums and dads that are running down the street with their kids, I think – that’s me, I’m going to be running with Indie one day! Going for little 5K runs together would be brilliant.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
So Indie is off for a walk with his Dad?! Is this the same Dad who he constantly slates yet is happy to let his daughter go off with him...surely you wouldn’t be happy about that if he was as bad as he makes out?! Wonder what he’ll feet Indie when they’re out?! Also notice we hardly see Indie eating now, I know they’re trying to plug Marley’s ‘weaning journey’ but I do wonder if she’s reached the proper toddler stage and doesn’t want any of his slop

• Wow

Circling back to his role as a father, I asked Joe what his biggest hopes and dreams are for his children in the future. What kind of dad does he want to be, and what does he look forward to doing with the children once they’re old enough? And, it’s a long list!

‘I want to take them surfing, riding on my electric skateboards, I want to take Indie on my motorbike – anything extreme! I just can’t wait for it! Rosie’s already pulling her hair out a bit. Everything I find fun and do with Rosie, I want to do with Indie. I want her to be like my best friend, I want her to come with me and take part in everything, go ice skating and BMXing and all sorts, anything that’s fun, that I love, and I know she’ll love. And even exercising with her, I'd love to just go for a little jog with her, that would be amazing. She watches and copies a little bit when I do PE with Joe, but you know when you see mums and dads that are running down the street with their kids, I think – that’s me, I’m going to be running with Indie one day! Going for little 5K runs together would be brilliant.

You could also highlight the 'I' words there. The question was about hopes and dreams for his children and it's all about how he wants Indie to do the things he likes :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10

That’s so sad. Marley is never mentioned. Indie is mentioned plenty but none of it is about her, it’s all about him. Like if you asked me about my dreams for my daughter, I’d say I want her to be happy. I want her to have a career she’s passionate about, I want her to meet someone who loves her. It never entered my mind to say I want her to join in with my hobbies that I enjoy and are wildly age inappropriate for hwr

Reactions: 17
I bet a psychologist could have a field day with this ugly narcissistic little prick!

I really cannot stand him.

I have a teenager, primary school age and a baby under 1...I think we will have to agree to disagree on some of Indies meals. Some of them look gross and even Indie wont eat them. Deprivation of foods can cause issues down the line, a little bit of stuff like that isnt going to hurt, even the nutritionist Joe works with has said that in the past. As long as the rest of the time the diet is healthy and varied. Pizza, burgers, chicken goujons etc can all be made healthy. You are a new member so maybe havent read all the threads but Joe even admitted Indie went round picking up her cousins squashed sandwiches off the floor at a get together the other day. That's sad.
fair enough that is sad if she’s hungry inbetween meals. I don’t agree with the no snacking thing, kids need snacks, and there is no harm in a simple sandwich. I only saw a couple of the meals she had recently which looked quite nice. I just don’t personally give my 1 year old sweet drinks and biscuits as I don’t think it’s necessary at the moment, but as he gets older everything in moderation is ok

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.