Joe Wicks #17 He can talk the talk but struggled to walk the walk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe those posts. They will make people with eating disorders, mental health problems, financial struggles & more feel like absolute tit.
Yet they’ll be sat at home wondering why they can’t just “do exercise & eat well”.
I know because my mum is one of his followers who has struggled with weight gain due to medical conditions & she always said he makes it look easy.
YES because it’s his ‘job’!!! He doesn’t have a real job- he’s not even a professional personal trainer helping clients he’s a glorified prick who likes preaching about his ‘hard work’ and wealth whilst cooking what is essentially a ready meal on repeat & forcing his kids to eat food they don’t like. And at the same time telling the world how horrible his parents were and how they failed them all. Which is rich coming from him who is going to project his own binge eating disorder onto his children.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can’t believe those posts. They will make people with eating disorders, mental health problems, financial struggles & more feel like absolute tit.
Yet they’ll be sat at home wondering why they can’t just “do exercise & eat well”.
I know because my mum is one of his followers who has struggled with weight gain due to medical conditions & she always said he makes it look easy.
YES because it’s his ‘job’!!! He doesn’t have a real job- he’s not even a professional personal trainer helping clients he’s a glorified prick who likes preaching about his ‘hard work’ and wealth whilst cooking what is essentially a ready meal on repeat & forcing his kids to eat food they don’t like. And at the same time telling the world how horrible his parents were and how they failed them all. Which is rich coming from him who is going to project his own binge eating disorder onto his children.
The worst one for me is the ‘the easiest way to lose weight is to get decent sleep’ as it’s something so many people can’t control. Especially if you have children and proper jobs unlike Joe.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I'd love to exercise more but between working, a chronically ill toddler and my partner being a full time teacher so constantly having to work in the evenings, I just don't have the bleeping time. And I have it easy compared to most people!

Reactions: 17
Joe is the one with mental issues/addictions and always feeling flat/tired etc but he’s trying to project that on us by telling us we should be feeling unmotivated but his app will solve the problem. Classic sales bullshit

• Heart
Reactions: 15
He needs to stop trying to tell everyone else what to do and work on being a better person himself (which wouldn’t be difficult to do as he’s rock bottom at present).

Reactions: 6
It's 100% not you. It's him. Do not subscribe to this "if you're not like me you're lazy" narrative. It's so unbelievably tired and ableist from fitness wankers like Joe who make it their entire life and personality. Not to mention who have a fully stocked home gym.

Follow Ben Carpenter @bdccarpenter if you want to hear some actually useful commentary on fitness. He's infinitely more aware and puts out some truly brilliant stuff.

Joe's a mega-wanker.
I’ve reported it!

Reactions: 6
It's 100% not you. It's him. Do not subscribe to this "if you're not like me you're lazy" narrative. It's so unbelievably tired and ableist from fitness wankers like Joe who make it their entire life and personality. Not to mention who have a fully stocked home gym.

Follow Ben Carpenter @bdccarpenter if you want to hear some actually useful commentary on fitness. He's infinitely more aware and puts out some truly brilliant stuff.

Joe's a mega-wanker.
I love Ben Carpenter. He has so much empathy for people's different struggles and actually knows what he's talking about, unlike burpee Jesus.

Reactions: 11
I love Ben Carpenter. He has so much empathy for people's different struggles and actually knows what he's talking about, unlike burpee Jesus.
He is one of the few fitness experts without children who acknowledge that we don’t all have the same 24 hours in a day! He is so pragmatic and intelligent, I love him. Him and his wife are just brilliant at being level headed about fitness. I respect them both so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm a 'don'ter' apparently. I'm the first to admit I'm far chubbier than I used to be/wish I was. And my diet plays a role in that.

I'm also a busy mother of young children, one of whom has additional needs. I'm a wife of a man who works a lot of antisocial hours and isnt home to help very much. I'm also someone who lives with multiple chronic illnesses and chronic pain (not due to my weight) and chronic fatigue. I'm neurodivergent and I have various mental health issues. I'm also a published author and a graphic designer and work very, very hard on both of my crafts daily.

People are more than their bleeping weight. People like me are more than just bleeping 'don'ter's for duck's sake. Jesus Christ.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
When he is in rehab for his eating issues and his wife has left him for being a controlling, abusive hole, he might realise he didn't have all the answers...

Reactions: 26
His food always looks so tit. If I had his money I’d have a personal chef who could cook me proper food. He seems to think being healthy means eating disgusting bland stuff 🤢

Reactions: 7
Whoever thought his rant this morning was a good idea needs their head testing. If it was him then he needs to rethink his career as he’s totally lost it!!!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.