Joe Wicks #14 Sir Joe of Gin Tons, M(assive) B(ell) E(nd)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We ready for him to get in to the best shape of his life again for the next 3 weeks?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Just had a message from 02 saying I can win tickets to Joe wicks at O2 arena in May. Let me think 🤔 think I’ll pass on that competition I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wonder how those 5k a days are going? If he'd been doing them he would not be able to resist showing us as he just lives for the attention. I thought he was "switching off" for his holiday, or was that just for the flight over!
I saw he posted on YouTube about the 5k a day and asked who was in, had to laugh at a someone's comment that they would if they were in sunny cali for 3 weeks.

Reactions: 8
Seriously he’s another level of obnoxious. ‘Afternoon naps are the best kind of naps’ are they Joe?? What about if I have a full time job, kids, house to run etc?? Do you think my company would mind if I just have a little siesta mid afternoon like the messiah? Can’t believe I used to think he was decent. Now all he does is brag, remind us of his PE Saviour days and that we need to line his pockets/buy his plan. He’s so far removed from reality with his three homes, gazillion meals out, holidays and freebies. Would love to see how motivated he’d still be with a proper full time job and real family demands….

Reactions: 11
I know this is old news now, but I finally got around to Joe's episode of Parenting Hell and oh my GOD is it boring. You can tell the hosts feel uncomfortable when he launches into one of his massive rambles about inspiration and empowerment rather than just... going with the joke. It's a comedy podcast, Joe, come on.

It's funny, because immediately afterwards I listened to the Jermaine Jenas one and Jermaine is similarly intense about "striving for excellence" but he still knew when to take a breath and allow for a laugh.

To me, it felt like Joe was there to promote himself and hadn't bothered to look into the show or its format at all.

Also, for anyone who listens, did it seem like the producer made fun of Joe at the top of the show? They joke that the producer claims their chat is just as boring as one of their recent guests.

I also notice it's one of the only episodes they didn't bother to feature on their Instagram -- which is a shame, because I was curious to see the comments it would get.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know this is old news now, but I finally got around to Joe's episode of Parenting Hell and oh my GOD is it boring. You can tell the hosts feel uncomfortable when he launches into one of his massive rambles about inspiration and empowerment rather than just... going with the joke. It's a comedy podcast, Joe, come on.

It's funny, because immediately afterwards I listened to the Jermaine Jenas one and Jermaine is similarly intense about "striving for excellence" but he still knew when to take a breath and allow for a laugh.

To me, it felt like Joe was there to promote himself and hadn't bothered to look into the show or its format at all.

Also, for anyone who listens, did it seem like the producer made fun of Joe at the top of the show? They joke that the producer claims their chat is just as boring as one of their recent guests.

I also notice it's one of the only episodes they didn't bother to feature on their Instagram -- which is a shame, because I was curious to see the comments it would get.
I wondered if it was him, he’s the most boring guest I think they had. Like you said couldn’t get a joke and didn’t seem to realise it was a comedy podcast

Reactions: 2
The second hand embarrassment. They definitely knew how tit it was so just didn't bother 😬

I love the parenting podcast and there’s only two that I’ve ever cringed at while listening- Robbie Williams and Joe and totally agree listening to the Jermaine Jenas afterwards showed how poor joe’s was.
He bangs on about getting up at 6am and going to the gym early but then has to have an afternoon nap! So going to bed early doesn’t work does it!

Reactions: 4
The dancing was cringe, and y can see he's desperately trying to move Indie nearer the actual dancers in the hope they fawn over a kid dancing, he's done the same with both kids before. But no one is bothered about little kids dancing!

Reactions: 4
He is so repulsive, in every way possible. As someone who isn’t typically considered to be unattractive, I can’t believe how vile I find him. Also why the hell is he not wearing any shoes? He’s just disgusting

Reactions: 5
I wondered if it was him, he’s the most boring guest I think they had. Like you said couldn’t get a joke and didn’t seem to realise it was a comedy podcast
I honestly couldn't imagine who else it might've been about, since they seem to get along with just about everyone else. And plenty of their guests are actual comedians.

I love the parenting podcast and there’s only two that I’ve ever cringed at while listening- Robbie Williams and Joe and totally agree listening to the Jermaine Jenas afterwards showed how poor joe’s was.
He bangs on about getting up at 6am and going to the gym early but then has to have an afternoon nap! So going to bed early doesn’t work does it!
The Robbie one was awkward because he and his wife kept arguing throughout and it just felt like they maybe needed to take that off the show, but I guess that's part of their shtick.

The one that I couldn't finish (and I felt bad about this) was Konnie Huq's because she similarly didn't seem to have listened to previous episodes and kept trying to work her book promo into every answer. I've seen her elsewhere and liked her, but it felt like a disconnect.

With Joe, like someone said vis-a-vis the daytime naps, it's soooo much hustle culture "who coulda believed a little essex boy like me would make it????" (even though he was literally born in Surrey so what is that accent, Joe) while sitting opposite two comedians from working class backgrounds who are arguably more famous than he is.

Brocoli and sprouts for his kids "beach snacks " ... seriously??! 🤢🤢 Like what is this sanctimonious head trying to prove? Poor kids. Why can't he just buy them ice cream and keep it to himself like normal parents?
We all know he'll be raiding the biscuits at 10pm once the kids are in bed too.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Brocoli and sprouts for his kids "beach snacks " ... seriously??! 🤢🤢 Like what is this sanctimonious head trying to prove? Poor kids. Why can't he just buy them ice cream and keep it to himself like normal parents?
We all know he'll be raiding the biscuits at 10pm once the kids are in bed too.
Not to mention that broccoli looks so burnt it's probably lost all the nutrients!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.