Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joe on the true Geordie podcast was the real Joe.
Not his online personality, he seemed more adult. With her it’s “youtube 12 year old Joe”
My only assumption is they both put it on when online and away from that they’re probably very different!
But she reminds me of a puppy looking for attention in a world that’s very new to her.

The vlogs with Zalfie in the treehouse were something I thought I’d never see from Him.
It was “watching behind my fingers” cringe.

Edit: do we need to change the title to something related to just Joe and Dianne at this point, now strictly is over? So others can join in without thinking it’s strictly related? @Helen
I think a title change would be good.

I have thought as well could it just be an online act, but looking at Dianne's facebook and Twitter she's been like that with all her previous BF's. So I think it's jut her actual personality and Joe just follows along and acts the same as it's what the minions and even the new adult fans seem to love.

Also I've had a look through Dianne's Facebook and I've noticed she never keeps a boyfriend for more than a year and seems to have been dating someone new every year for like the past 3 years. So she never really has time to get over someone before she's onto the next one.

I use to think Joe was the switch on mature one of the group, but recently he seems to have gone more immature where's his friends seem to have matured. I was hopping he wouldn't turn into his sister and future brother in law, but I can totally see it coming.

I don't want to sound mean I think Joe would make a great Dad, but the way they act I really couldn't picture him and Dianne with kids.

Reactions: 1
I think a title change would be good.

I have thought as well could it just be an online act, but looking at Dianne's facebook and Twitter she's been like that with all her previous BF's. So I think it's jut her actual personality and Joe just follows along and acts the same as it's what the minions and even the new adult fans seem to love.

Also I've had a look through Dianne's Facebook and I've noticed she never keeps a boyfriend for more than a year and seems to have been dating someone new every year for like the past 3 years. So she never really has time to get over someone before she's onto the next one.

I use to think Joe was the switch on mature one of the group, but recently he seems to have gone more immature where's his friends seem to have matured. I was hopping he wouldn't turn into his sister and future brother in law, but I can totally see it coming.

I don't want to sound mean I think Joe would make a great Dad, but the way they act I really couldn't picture him and Dianne with kids.
As much as I want Joe to be happy. I don’t think this is gonna last with Dianne. She doesn’t seem like the kind of lass I thought Joe would be into. In the same way I don’t believe he was ever really into the Insta model lass as anything more than casual sex. He wants somebody with a brain I think, a bit about themselves, and happy to not plaster the relationship all over the internet.

Joe has always had a silly side to him, but not that immature, he seems to be regresssing to pander to Dianne. Because you’re right his silly nature as well as actually being mature, he will be a really greatest dad.

But with Dianne is all seems so wrong. I was happy for him when I thought Dianne was just a great dancer, bubbly personality that we saw on Strictly/training vlogs, but now I’m starting to see that she is not right for Joe long term. She seems too stupid, too attention seeking and just not good enough for Joe. And that’s sad because I do want Joe to be happy. And I think when it does end, he will be cut up about it while she moves on to the next bloke.

Slight bit of misogyny creeping into this thread now.
Misogyny is a highly serious accusation. The word comes from the Greek for “hatred” and “woman”. Wrongly applied to an individual or a group of individuals, it denigrates and demoralises.

Words are powerful. Choose and use them wisely.

Unfortunately if you live your life online, your love life, professional life, social life both men and women will be judged.
I actually think Joe is probably a little bleep. Oh yeah... A male bleep ? who shags around and keeps it all offline, that’s his right he’s always been young and single.

Comments about her are based on what she posts and how she acts too.
I think Casper is the type to always need a girlfriend and always jump straight into full on serious commitment.

I don’t dislike anyone involved personally, I don’t think anyone does, I think Dianne comes across really immature and I’d probably lock her in a cupboard after about 3 hours in her company. Mikey Pierce?! or whatever he’s called wouldn’t make it past my front door.

Throwing words like “misogyny” around on a gossip site. Without any real reason.
Calm down ??

Reactions: 4
I was talking about the “she’s not good enough for Joe” comments but go off I guess.

Gossip boards also aren’t the place for overly defensive types.

I was talking about the “she’s not good enough for Joe” comments but go off I guess.

Actually... I didn’t see that comment until now. No idea why it hadn’t showed up ??

No offence to joe but he’s not exactly a catch himself ?

Completely understand now why you might have veered in that direction with your thoughts and words, the rest of the thread I feel is completely harmless.
Apologies ?

No worries!

Yeah I just think fine they’re not a great match, but saying she’s “not good enough” is crossing a line. She’s accomplished in many ways he isn’t and vice versa. So she doesn’t know who Gollum is. She’s been working her arse off for years now—maybe she hasn’t bloody had time to develop her “intelligence” as people say (although one could argue choreographing entire routines based on set themes and teaching them to an awkward non-dancer in effectively 4 days takes a great deal of intelligence). Idk man I agree they’re not all that well suited but wtf makes him so special that a great hard working girl like Dianne isn’t “good enough”. Y’know?

Stepping off my soap box now lol.

When I said “good enough” it was more in terms of whether she can be the person Joe needs in a relationship, a bit of maturity, some privacy etc. I’m not trying to discredit her or her achievements. I accept in hindsight my wording doesn’t present my point well. And yes it’s fair to say I one sided the point. Because it does leave the point of is Joe “good enough” for Dianne. Is he what she needs in a relationship. I didn’t go into that because I don’t know. I don’t know Dianne beyond Strictly and Joe’s vlogs. I can’t pass comment on that.

So I apologise for my poor wording of my post, it wasn’t my intention to offend, and I certainly did not intend to appear to be misogynistic if that is how it has come across.

Reactions: 6
Edit: do we need to change the title to something related to just Joe and Dianne at this point, now strictly is over? So others can join in without thinking it’s strictly related? @Helen
Sure, shall we just call it Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe ? It may take a while to fill this one

Reactions: 3
Joe has always been “fake” to me. Always “on” and trying to make people like him. It’s one reason I’ve never taken to him that much even though he has a good video personality. He can’t handle people not liking him, so he will please and please and please. I find that so unattractive.

Even on that True Geordie podcast. He was so bleeping fake in that to me lol. People seem to take to it, but I’m not buying it. What person has no opinions that take a stance, always on the right side of things, and always trying to be in the good graces with everyone? It’s just not realistic. This “just a small town lad.” And “he’s the good one” bullshit he’s built up is how he goes unscathed doing the same things his mates get dragged for. I’ll never forget back when Jaackmaate was a lot more vicious in his videos, especially to his sister and Alfie. Joe actually DMd him congrats about something I forgot I think it was a cosmetic surgery. 1. Why do you follow him 2. Why are you so desperate to be liked 3. We all know you’ve talked tit, please stop pretending you have no opinions on anyone

Little things make me think that’s not the real Joe. For example in that mukbang with Mikey...Mikey was shocked at half the tit he was saying. Why would one of his best friends be shocked by his words if he was always like that? Or in that honest interview with Caspar, Caspar called Joe out saying “you see how nice he’s acting” when he was acting like some saint with Grant. He also called him out on his media training twice throughout the interview. Or even in that Sophia and Cinzia boys talk Caspar and Josh laughed at so much of what Joe said because of the way he was acting when he had literally never even been in a relationship.

He put on such an act in that video only to end up in the most high school acting relationship out of all his mates.

I personally think most of his YouTube friends are leaps and bounds ahead of him maturity wise compared to when he was their age.

Anyway long ass rant. Hopefully my point came across. Had to let it out lol

Joe always seems sick of Dianne, like he'd rather she wasn't there. It's not that nice to watch.

Joe always seems sick of Dianne, like he'd rather she wasn't there. It's not that nice to watch.
I get where people are coming from she's an amazing dancer and what she doesn't isn't easy. But whenever anyone talks about anything other than dance she just has no idea. I have a few friends who are dances like Dianne, but they can all switch off from dance and spend hours talking about other things. Where's as it seems Dianne would struggle to do more than 10mins before she'd be back talking about Dance.

I also get the vibe that Joe seems sick of Dianne as well, like when she dose't understand something he just sort of pushes it under the carpet and moves on with the conversations. Why does Joe not have an adult conversation and educator her about it, so that if it's brought up when their in a group it doesn't make her look like the stupid one. Or does Joe want to her to look stupid and be the new laughing stock of the group.

I also can't believe as well that's he's gone on for years about wanting someone who's switched on and funny at the same time, yet ends up in a teen high school romance. As from the past like 18months I got the vibe from his video's like he wanted to and was ready to move on from his high school tween fanbase yet has ended up back there.

Also as he said he'd always hid his relationship from the Internet until they were long term/more serious do you think he's getting paid to display the relationship all over the Internet. As I don't get how someone who's been so set in there ways for the past 5 years suddenly changes over night.

Reactions: 4
I get where people are coming from she's an amazing dancer and what she doesn't isn't easy. But whenever anyone talks about anything other than dance she just has no idea. I have a few friends who are dances like Dianne, but they can all switch off from dance and spend hours talking about other things. Where's as it seems Dianne would struggle to do more than 10mins before she'd be back talking about Dance.

I also get the vibe that Joe seems sick of Dianne as well, like when she dose't understand something he just sort of pushes it under the carpet and moves on with the conversations. Why does Joe not have an adult conversation and educator her about it, so that if it's brought up when their in a group it doesn't make her look like the stupid one. Or does Joe want to her to look stupid and be the new laughing stock of the group.

I also can't believe as well that's he's gone on for years about wanting someone who's switched on and funny at the same time, yet ends up in a teen high school romance. As from the past like 18months I got the vibe from his video's like he wanted to and was ready to move on from his high school tween fanbase yet has ended up back there.

Also as he said he'd always hid his relationship from the Internet until they were long term/more serious do you think he's getting paid to display the relationship all over the Internet. As I don't get how someone who's been so set in there ways for the past 5 years suddenly changes over night.
I think he just got wrapped up in the intense whirlwind of Strictly to be honest. Passionate dances and stuff is always going to bring out chemistry. It’s if it lasts after the tour which will show the real relationship imo

Reactions: 8
Just caught up on Joe's recent vlog and Dianne admitting she was rubbish at spelling and laughed about it. Then instead of Joe saying something to not make her feel bad he just takes the p**s out of the situation.
Which I know people say it's just him joking which to start with I just thought it was when he did it in earlier vlogs. Not that she shows it, but she must get rather annoyed when everything she says Joe takes the p**s out of it.

In the vlog it even seems like enjoys being/acting like she's not very switched on as when Joe tried to explain there, they're and their she just zoned out and then quickly moved on from the subject.

Also I know everyone spends a lot of time on their phones nowadays, but has anyone else noticed that whenever Joe switches on the camera to randomly film Dianne she's always sat there on her phone even other peoples stories and the odd media article I've noticed the same. I know it's probably nothing, but it does give me the vibe that she's board and doesn't really want to be their.
So really do wondering what it's like when the camera is off.

Reactions: 2
Youtubers are only talking to you from their closet about their luggage, for money. They may as well bend over & drop their pants & Ingham Fam their mouth.

Back now after getting caught up (on the nothing). I see what you all are seeing as well. Too bad they need to record their relationship in order for Joe to pay bills & satisfy Z & Sugg Life merch. They seriously are going to revamp that? She wore his sweater to dye his hair red. Hello...huge signs she’s a flake & a floosy for her to even be in a relationship with him. It’s all for the show. I do believe they are getting paid handsomely, just like any dating show. She’s a talented dancer & yes it takes intelligence to choreograph. I think she’s nervous when the camera is rolling & [for example] the reason she kept repeating herself about her red suitcase. She’s also loving the attention. crappy of her to joke & say he’s ugly when he scared her. But that’s ALL he can come up with lately?

Last edited:
I noticed the nervous as well, when she kept going on about the suitcase. I wondering if that's just a camera act, or off camera she's one of those people who goes on and on about stuff.
I've also noticed as well with things like the naming of the plants, at first Joe was like it's my house I get to decided and Dianne kept going on and on about what she was calling them, Joe tried to say no it's my decision. Then in his recent vlog he brought up the plants again and it seems like Dianne got her way with the naming.

So do you think Joe just Panda's to Dianne's every want/need? As he doesn't want to fall out/have an argument with her and also as it's his first serious relationship he's scared as well.

As although he's admitted over the years he's not the most confident and an introvert, he has always put his argument across well and got what he wanted. (like when Caspar wanted everyone to post on different days he put his foot down and said no I'm not changing).

I looked back on some of his Vlogs before strictly the other day and I still find it strange that in that short time on strictly how much his personality has changed? Do you think it really has changed for good or is he just putting an act on.

Last edited:
He seems a bit more corny and laid back. Not my personal taste, but could be good for him.

Long time lurker. I've just seen the video of the Sun trying to get info out of Joe and Dianne. Which is really bad of the media to do that and she did look really upset. But at the same time if you don't like the media hounding you and the articles being wrote, why does she especially and Joe keep sharing vlogs/instagram stuff with every detail of their life/love life. Why not just come off social media for a while, then the media will get board move on and stop hounding you.

Throughout strictly I loved Dianne, but recently I feel like she's completely changed and is just putting on an act for all the media attention. I feel like her oversharing on social media and then all the articles been written about them both daily will cause them to part ways after the tour. Or is their whole relationship fake and that's the aim of the game, and they can breakup once the tour is over, blame the media for causing it and then they both get a whole new bunch of followers.

As until Dianne arrived Joe's YouTube present had died, since she arrived it's the best it's been in years.

Long time lurker. I've just seen the video of the Sun trying to get info out of Joe and Dianne. Which is really bad of the media to do that and she did look really upset. But at the same time if you don't like the media hounding you and the articles being wrote, why does she especially and Joe keep sharing vlogs/instagram stuff with every detail of their life/love life. Why not just come off social media for a while, then the media will get board move on and stop hounding you.

Throughout strictly I loved Dianne, but recently I feel like she's completely changed and is just putting on an act for all the media attention. I feel like her oversharing on social media and then all the articles been written about them both daily will cause them to part ways after the tour. Or is their whole relationship fake and that's the aim of the game, and they can breakup once the tour is over, blame the media for causing it and then they both get a whole new bunch of followers.

As until Dianne arrived Joe's YouTube present had died, since she arrived it's the best it's been in years.
As you say they can hardly be annoyed that the media are asking them about their relationship when they are flaunting it everywhere.

Media and celebs work for each other if played right, the papers do well out of it and the celebs do well out of it. Hence why so many ‘celebs’ actually set up getting papped

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.