Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite enjoyed Joe and Dianne's cooking video. The culinary skills were definitely lacking 😅 But I'm not a foodie anyway so it was more their interaction that I enjoyed 😊
Well it was never going to be about the cooking was it😂 They’re no Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey that’s for sure but fair play to them for doing something a bit different

Reactions: 1
Long time lurker here. Hi! :)

Well it was never going to be about the cooking was it😂 They’re no Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey that’s for sure but fair play to them for doing something a bit different
Jep.

Once the return to the Stan & Ollie routine was apparent, I guessed it was Doianne who would be set up to be the fall guy. Having seen occasional cooking flashes in earlier vids, I highly doubt if there was no olive oil in that kitchen area. Nor was I unduly shocked that the broken freezer has not been repaired/replaced - it seems all of a piece with Joe's lackadaisical bachelor lifestyle.

Dianne still has some way to go in taming the beast . I know she will have succeeded when the farts and prank jumping finally cease.

I actually quite enjoyed their cooking video. I don’t know if that means I’m getting old or what. I just wish they’d zoom the camera out a bit more so we could see better.

Reactions: 2
No, nor did I expect it to be. Just they have hyped up what great cooks they are. Anyways hopefully they have all their ingredients next time and I like that they vlogged going to get the food items.

I was watching Saturday Live earlier today and was interested to hear Joe say that his online demographics are growing at either end of the age range. It was clear that he finds the online support invaluable in his attempt to transition to mainstream media, and his host (with a mere13,000 Twitter followers) was in agreement. I doubt if Joe will be leaving the online community any time soon.

I thought this was Joe's best TV performance since Strictly.

For me, it is fascinating to see how the mainstream media are having to react to the power of numbers in the online community, which has grown in bedrooms and studies under the noses of older generations. It is evident that many older people have no inkling of the financial worth of the billions in the gaming industry, nor the potential media muscle it carries.

I was watching Saturday Live earlier today and was interested to hear Joe say that his online demographics are growing at either end of the age range. It was clear that he finds the online support invaluable in his attempt to transition to mainstream media, and his host (with a mere13,000 Twitter followers) was in agreement. I doubt if Joe will be leaving the online community any time soon.

I thought this was Joe's best TV performance since Strictly.

For me, it is fascinating to see how the mainstream media are having to react to the power of numbers in the online community, which has grown in bedrooms and studies under the noses of older generations. It is evident that many older people have no inkling of the financial worth of the billions in the gaming industry, nor the potential media muscle it carries.
Totally agree on that point of what I saw of the show.

And there is one reason why it was his best TV appearance for me. It felt natural. The One Show and Comic Relief tried to make him “funny” with terrible material that wasn’t funny. Just let Joe be himself and his natural personality shines through. He is personable, friendly and gets on well with people.

Reactions: 5
Totally agree on that point of what I saw of the show.

And there is one reason why it was his best TV appearance for me. It felt natural. The One Show and Comic Relief tried to make him “funny” with terrible material that wasn’t funny. Just let Joe be himself and his natural personality shines through. He is personable, friendly and gets on well with people.
Yeah they just need to let him be himself,trying to push him into a mould be wasn’t made for is just awkward for everyone involved.

Reactions: 3
I love Saturday Kitchen and so was interested to see Joe on there today! I thought he came across really well. I think there is where he belongs: mainstream media.

Reactions: 7
I'd like to see Joe more in mainstream media especially more than those phoney love island/ towie lot who seem to get a lot of opportunities. Even though his numbers are dropping across all platforms, I don't think he should quit YouTube just yet. I know @cherry198 and some others always says he should quit and go into mainstream media/Tv but the only reason he is getting these opportunities is because of his YouTube and social media presence in the first place. He has his own audience which then brings the likelihood of a new audience for whatever project he gets involved in. Which is beneficial in the eyes of tv/radio bosses. What he has built for himself and how he was presented himself characteristically is what makes him valuable. I think at some point he will obviously have to quit but right now he's getting that easy YouTube money and to be honest who wouldn't want that. I feel like some of his more hardcore fans would see it as a kick in the teeth if he would, in their eyes just "abandon" them. His views aren't great, especially compared to what they were but they are still not as bad as they could be. So I say keep going with social media and keep taking opportunities outside of social media so he can raise his profile in msm whilst still having the loyal fans/engagement that will help him get more tv gigs so that he is successful enough to leave YouTube behind once and for all. I'm not sure what his calling is - I don't think live tv is best for him, he comes of quite wooden. Maybe voice overs or some pre recorded segments until he is more experienced in that realm. Oh, and just remembered he supposedly has some music he wants to release. Do we think that could end up being successful and take him in a new path all together?

Reactions: 3
I'd like to see Joe more in mainstream media especially more than those phoney love island/ towie lot who seem to get a lot of opportunities. Even though his numbers are dropping across all platforms, I don't think he should quit YouTube just yet. I know @cherry198 and some others always says he should quit and go into mainstream media/Tv but the only reason he is getting these opportunities is because of his YouTube and social media presence in the first place. He has his own audience which then brings the likelihood of a new audience for whatever project he gets involved in. Which is beneficial in the eyes of tv/radio bosses. What he has built for himself and how he was presented himself characteristically is what makes him valuable. I think at some point he will obviously have to quit but right now he's getting that easy YouTube money and to be honest who wouldn't want that. I feel like some of his more hardcore fans would see it as a kick in the teeth if he would, in their eyes just "abandon" them. His views aren't great, especially compared to what they were but they are still not as bad as they could be. So I say keep going with social media and keep taking opportunities outside of social media so he can raise his profile in msm whilst still having the loyal fans/engagement that will help him get more tv gigs so that he is successful enough to leave YouTube behind once and for all. I'm not sure what his calling is - I don't think live tv is best for him, he comes of quite wooden. Maybe voice overs or some pre recorded segments until he is more experienced in that realm. Oh, and just remembered he supposedly has some music he wants to release. Do we think that could end up being successful and take him in a new path all together?
Haha I love how I was tagged in this😂

I totally get what you and lots of others are saying about staying on yt and he even said today that it was still a priority for him.I agree it’s easy money and the ‘numbers’ are a big pull for producers but his numbers really aren’t as impressive as they seem at first glance,I mean he struggles to pull 500k+ on a video these days,with rapidly declining subs and views but in comparison to the other big names that were around he’s still doing relatively well.

And terms of his ‘Thatcerjoe’ brand he’s hit the ceiling with it and it’s only down and out from here.Like I genuinely don’t know where else he can take it or what other videos he can make?Id like to know what others think about this?

I don’t mean for him to quit this very minute after all if you’re going to jump you need somewhere soft to land.I still think presenting is his best bet and he does have a natural charisma,is very likeable and is the stereotypical kind young man trope that won lots of people over on strictly.Obviously he still needs to improve massively but that just takes time and practise and he’s always been eager to learn.The voice acting stuff is also another avenue to explore as it’s something is enjoys and is natural quite good at.Then there’s always his management company as a safety blanket should everything else go tits up.Norhing will come of the music thing they might get round to releasing that song and maybe an album but they’ve been sitting on it for years if they were going to do something serious they would have done it already.

Oh no please don't think I was intentionally singling you out in a bitchy way ahh you were just the first person I thought of and you have mentioned it a few times lately. I enjoy reading everyone's posts😊 Even differing opinions, it's good to see how others are thinking! Though I officially joined last month I've been here a long time😅. This forum is nice to use compared to GG and the likes so I never really ever intended on joining in with any of the boards but here I am lol 🙋🏼

I wonder why the music has taken so long to be released. I think he said on yt stories or maybe IG that he was going to film a music video and was looking for a choreographer. So maybe he could be a one hit wonder! So I guess you are right that he is not taking it seriously or his heart just isn't in it. Perhaps he is nervous to release it who knows. I think his voice is ok.

But I don’t think Joe cares or even wants to be presenter, espeically as a main job. Sure its a great opportunity for a side gig and everything sometimes, but no way would he quit youtube for it.

Oh no please don't think I was intentionally singling you out in a bitchy way ahh you were just the first person I thought of and you have mentioned it a few times lately. I enjoy reading everyone's posts😊 Even differing opinions, it's good to see how others are thinking! Though I officially joined last month I've been here a long time😅. This forum is nice to use compared to GG and the likes so I never really ever intended on joining in with any of the boards but here I am lol 🙋🏼

I wonder why the music has taken so long to be released. I think he said on yt stories or maybe IG that he was going to film a music video and was looking for a choreographer. So maybe he could be a one hit wonder! So I guess you are right that he is not taking it seriously or his heart just isn't in it. Perhaps he is nervous to release it who knows. I think his voice is ok.
It’s okay I know you weren’t being bitchy,I just love that I’m known as the person who thinks Joes outgrown yt 😂

• Haha
So Joe was drunk and hanging with the buttercreams last night at his. I do find it strange that he only had the buttercreams over when Dianne is not there.

She seems to get on well with them, but I wonder if they don't like her or vice versa or Joe is just being jealous and doesn't want them around her, any opinions?

Also the Muppet babies on Twitter have taken offence to Josh's joke on his insta story asking Joe if had sex in Chippy yet. Those Minions really don't understand a joke between mates and over react over everything.

So Joe was drunk and hanging with the buttercreams last night at his. I do find it strange that he only had the buttercreams over when Dianne is not there.

She seems to get on well with them, but I wonder if they don't like her or vice versa or Joe is just being jealous and doesn't want them around her, any opinions?

Also the Muppet babies on Twitter have taken offence to Josh's joke on his insta story asking Joe if had sex in Chippy yet. Those Minions really don't understand a joke between mates and over react over everything.
He was literally just hanging out with his mates whilst his gf was at work.He was over at Josh and Caspars and I assume they went out for food then back to Joes for a bit.

I’m a grown adult and find Joshs ‘humour’ to be a bit meh😂

I just think that given Dianne has a busy work schedule, perhaps when Dianne has time off, she and Joe just want to spend time together without other people. It’s not like they are Zalfie who can’t handle each other without other people being with them.

I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Reactions: 4
She's only got tonight's show to do and then she's got two weeks off, probably going off in the campervan to get some more you tube footage.

Surely she doesn't have to rehearse, they've been touring for 5 weeks, surely they know the routine by now[emoji23][emoji23]
She has the strictly professionals tour when her “break” is over so she has to rehearse those routines over her break.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.