Joe Sugg #9 Joe and Dianne: strictly a bore with hideous home decor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think anybody is going to change anybody's mind on whether we do or don't think Dianne builds strong partnerships, teaches well or is a creative choreographer so perhaps we should leave it at that.

and hope that the lurking Dianne defenders go over to the rave thread so we can snark in peace
A few posts back ‘this forum is for people’s opinion’, so people have differing opinions to you and you’re telling us to go and make a rave thread? So basically you’ve decided that actually this place isn’t for opinions unless it’s the exact same as yours? I see… brilliant!

Reactions: 3
The
A few posts back ‘this forum is for people’s opinion’, so people have differing opinions to you and you’re telling us to go and make a rave thread? So basically you’ve decided that actually this place isn’t for opinions unless it’s the exact same as yours? I see… brilliant!
The entire site is for peoples opinions. However there is a section for positive opinions called the rave section, if you don’t like people not liking Joe or Dianne that’s fine but this thread (not necessarily you) has people jumped on the minute there is a slight criticism, this thread isn’t to rave about them.

this thread was also Joe’s thread originally and not a Dianne or Strictly one(it has its own thread) but obviously it kind of merged when they danced together.

On the whole people in here like Dianne, but even the slightest criticism gets jumped on. It’s one of the threads I dip in and out because it gets so tedious

you’ve signed up to tattle and solely to post on Joe’s thread and defend them both. I think you misunderstand how tattle works

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I didn't make the "rave thread" comment, I was running with it and not even being entirely serious.

But the reason people get annoyed is that it's become impossible to make a criticism without the thread being derailed by people who feel a need to defend Dianne, specifically. I'm sure you know by now that Tattle threads can be pretty brutal and most of the people who comment are not fans. That's why rave threads exist, so there is a place to be positive and not have to read any criticism - I feel like you might be a lot happier not reading this forum?

Reactions: 7
The problem for me on this thread isn't that people criticise or praise Dianne, it's that no one seems to be able to accept differing opinions. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
I don’t mind different opinions, opinions are subjective and that’s fine! What I don’t appreciate is when people will get aggressive with their response when they’re set of defending Dianne because that’s quite literally not what this site is. If any thread isn’t marked as a rave thread, then it’s a trash thread. If you’re a fan of either of them two and get a bit upset and people not liking them, their tattle threads are not the place for you!

• Heart
Yes different opinions are fine, but you could literally say ‘oh that muppet costume with the fake nose looked so odd’ and people will be like ‘HOW DARE YOU, don’t you know Dianne is a fun, free spirit and makes anything she wears sexy’!
I’m exaggerating, but Not even a trash opinion gets people jumping on you.

Imo the show hasn’t felt right since the new production team took over from Louise Rainbow in 2019. The lack of studio audience the last two years along with other restrictions aren’t helping. But there’s something else I can’t figure out

With Dev I still think something was off that night and it’s a hill I’m very prepared to die on. How wooden David James got further than him I’ll never know.

I also don’t think we can really judge partnerships that only last four shows. Yes sometimes people just hit it off right away but at the end of the day the pros are simply there to do a job.

I imagine they’ve all had professional partners pre-strictly who’ve been a great friend and partners who’ve simply been a colleague who’ve they’ve danced with for a bit and moved on.

I do think had Rob not had health issues they’d have got to at least Halloween maybe another week beyond it. He certainly wasn’t awful and did give me the impression he’d be quite good at traditional ballroom but I guess we’ll never know.

As for her next year…. I doubt she’ll do January/feb arena tour. I can see her going back home to Australia possibly with Joe if borders/restrictions have eased. I think she’ll want to try so she can meet Zofia and January would be a good opportunity for her especially if the tour is just going to be her dancing in the background again. Her doing BTF/POD/pro tour wouldn’t necessarily mean she’s continuing on as a pro. Pasha announced his departure but still did a 2019 touring season.
Off topic but her brother is so embarassing. He just uploaded a whole vlog of his daughter’s birth.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Off topic but her brother is so embarassing. He just uploaded a whole vlog of his daughter’s birth.
I always thought he was another dancer over there. Is he not famous at all apart from being her brother?

Reactions: 1
Forgot to link the video. The way her brother is exposing his daughter makes me uncomfortable, even his and his fiancé’s instagrams are too much.

ETA: Technically it’s not a vlog but a letter to his daughter. However, I don’t see the point in putting this on the internet for strangers to see. Their jobs aren’t being influencers..

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I always thought he was another dancer over there. Is he not famous at all apart from being her brother?
From what I can see he’s a dance teacher and dances in local competitions.

This sounds horrible and I don’t mean it to but I can’t believe he’s straight (this has nothing to do with the fact he’s a dancer btw).When I first came across him I thought he was gay for ages.

Reactions: 9
Forgot to link the video. The way her brother is exposing his daughter makes me uncomfortable, even his and his fiancé’s instagrams are too much.

ETA: Technically it’s not a vlog but a letter to his daughter. However, I don’t see the point in putting this on the internet for strangers to see. Their jobs aren’t being influencers..

Yes, that is weird. By all means, show it to her when she's older but not to the entire Internet.

Reactions: 4
Well I think Diannes latest insta story confirms she’ll be back on Strictly next year.

Reactions: 4
Don't hate me, but I felt that was quite a patronising thing for Joe to say and also implicating that what happened was somehow her fault "bigger and better".

I'm also a bit sick of the whole Robert having to leave thing being made about Dianne. It's always been the celebrity's journey - pros are professional and are surely used to rejection, injury and bad luck?

Reactions: 6
Don't hate me, but I felt that was quite a patronising thing for Joe to say and also implicating that what happened was somehow her fault "bigger and better".

I'm also a bit sick of the whole Robert having to leave thing being made about Dianne. It's always been the celebrity's journey - pros are professional and are surely used to rejection, injury and bad luck?
It's a classic sugg trait though isn't it. Always include a usually subtle dig which most people miss but helps to put the recipient down. In the end, he realistically was only going to last another few weeks max and its not like anyone died. All this focus on the pros really gets on my tits. They're there to teach someone to dance mot win but for too many of them it's turned into their ambition only and who cares about the celebs who only have one year to enjoy themselves. This is why I think they need a major clear out.

And don't even get me on that dancing tonight 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I agree with the whole pro thing. The celebrity is meant to be the main focus as they have one year to do it and as you said, the pros must be used to rejection with it being their career. I suppose though a lot of the pros are much more ‘famous’ than the celebrities these days so people are naturally probably quite invested in them.

Some viewers probably take longer to get over it than the pros.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I thought what he said to her earlier today was quite encouraging/cute 🙈
It's the kind of thing you might say to a kid who didn't come first in a competition, but to a 30-odd old year professional?

I dunno, I wouldn't say something like this to my partner. I would say, "That sucks" and "You must be looking forward to doing it again next year", but since it wasn't her fault and nobody is blaming her, it seems weird and maybe unhelpful to put all the onus on her to be better next time. She doesn't need to be!

Reactions: 6
It's the kind of thing you might say to a kid who didn't come first in a competition, but to a 30-odd old year professional?

I dunno, I wouldn't say something like this to my partner. I would say, "That sucks" and "You must be looking forward to doing it again next year", but since it wasn't her fault and nobody is blaming her, it seems weird and maybe unhelpful to put all the onus on her to be better next time. She doesn't need to be!
Or perhaps maybe you’ve read into it a little bit more than what was actually meant… always a possibility right 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.