Joe Sugg #9 Joe and Dianne: strictly a bore with hideous home decor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure people are not being ardent fans and are just pointing out the obvious that its not down to her that she gets eliminated just like Karen this week with Greg. Once again for the people at the back who don't seem to get it: Rev was a duffer, Dev did 3 good dances and then got the very known hard cha cha in a week where contestants who previously did badly (Mike & David) improved a tad and it was made it seem like they became fred astaire over night, Max swore after his last dance and JJ was probably more headed for the DO that night but got a boost from Prince Harry in a VT. Just bad luck IMO then bad partnering, Rev and Dev and now Robert still speak highly of her and Max while getting on with her it seems he was only there for the £££ and promo which has come into fruition as The Wanted are now back with an album and tour.

Sorry for the people who disagree must be my 'crazed fangirlness' coming out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I'm sure people are not being ardent fans and are just pointing out the obvious that its not down to her that she gets eliminated just like Karen this week with Greg. Once again for the people at the back who don't seem to get it: Rev was a duffer, Dev did 3 good dances and then got the very known hard cha cha in a week where contestants who previously did badly (Mike & David) improved a tad and it was made it seem like they became fred astaire over night, Max swore after his last dance and JJ was probably more headed for the DO that night but got a boost from Prince Harry in a VT. Just bad luck IMO then bad partnering, Rev and Dev and now Robert still speak highly of her and Max while getting on with her it seems he was only there for the £££ and promo which has come into fruition as The Wanted are now back with an album and tour.

Sorry for the people who disagree must be my 'crazed fangirlness' coming out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, all of that and also the fact that her choreography isn't particularly interesting. IMO she's had to keep that naff red hair or she wouldn't be memorable at all.

Well, all of that and also the fact that her choreography isn't particularly interesting.
Thats fair enough if thats your opinion, I think she's choreographed some great dances with her partners IMO and I think scores, views on dances and generally other peoples opinions will agree with me as well. I don't think she can help it if others do better certain weeks, others helped by VT's or the public don't take to her celeb. I mean if you think all the pro's get a pass and she does not then ok.... :sneaky:

Reactions: 2
Thats fair enough if thats your opinion, I think she's choreographed some great dances with her partners IMO and I think scores, views on dances and generally other peoples opinions will agree with me as well. I don't think she can help it if others do better certain weeks, others helped by VT's or the public don't take to her celeb. I mean if you think all the pro's get a pass and she does not then ok.... :sneaky:
Exactly, it all comes down to opinion! Of course I don't think all pros get a pass, I think Gorka has a similar problem with partnerships.

I stand by what I said about her choreography and her dancing though - it's good, it's technical but there's no wow or flair to it. I'm glad people enjoy it though.

Reactions: 3
Exactly, it all comes down to opinion! Of course I don't think all pros get a pass, I think Gorka has a similar problem with partnerships.

I stand by what I said about her choreography and her dancing though - it's good, it's technical but there's no wow or flair to it. I'm glad people enjoy it though.
Fair enough, agree to disagree. (y)

Reactions: 2
I would be interested to see Dianne with a ringer, there's always been a question mark over how good her choreography is, and it would be interesting to see if that has anything to do with her having to simplify her routines to match her partner's abilities. If she gets a ringer who can do any move she gives them, and they still end up as an Aston-style shock boot, then it may be time for her to move on.

I can't see her willingly leaving any time soon though, she really wants that glitterball, she's not quite as desperate as Amy to get her hands on it (or maybe she is and she just hides it better), but I can't see her leaving before she's had another crack at the final. I just hope she doesn't put too much pressure on herself to win though, as it might never happen for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I would be interested to see Dianne with a ringer, there's always been a bit of a question mark over how good her choreography is, and it would be interesting to see if that has anything to do with her having to simplify her routines to match her partner's abilities. If she gets a ringer who can do any move she gives them, and they still end up as an Aston-style shock boot, then it may be time for her to move on.

I can't see her willingly leaving any time soon though, she really wants that glitterball, she's not quite as desperate as Amy to get her hands on it (or maybe she is and she just hides it better), but I can't see her leaving before she's had another crack at the final. I just hope she doesn't put too much pressure on herself to win though, as it might never happen for her.
I would like to see her with a ringer as well, firstly because she is due one and secondly it would be nice to see what she could do being more freeing with choreography. I've never seen there being a 'question mark' over he choreography skills; I think she did really well with Joe for someone who couldn't dance and I see a lot of people even on DS and James Jordan on twitter say she is one of the better ballroom pros choreography and teacher wise. The Aston style boot was deffo a case of some of the blame being Janette's fault; Janette never trained in ballroom growing up so there has always been a question mark on her abilities being on the show; that wont be the case with Dianne. However if someone is too ringery it can lead to be in multiple dance off's case in point Ashley Roberts or Karim which isnt the pro's fault.

Reactions: 1
I would like to see her with a ringer as well, firstly because she is due one and secondly it would be nice to see what she could do being more freeing with choreography. I've never seen there being a 'question mark' over he choreography skills; I think she did really well with Joe for someone who couldn't dance and I see a lot of people even on DS and James Jordan on twitter say she is one of the better ballroom pros choreography and teacher wise. The Aston style boot was deffo a case of some of the blame being Janette's fault; Janette never trained in ballroom growing up so there has always been a question mark on her abilities being on the show; that wont be the case with Dianne. However if someone is too ringery it can lead to be in multiple dance off's case in point Ashley Roberts or Karim which isnt the pro's fault.
There are some very committed Dianne fans on DS, but I have also seen a fair few people on there who don't think much of her choreography (not just Fillyjonk 😆). I've even seen some Dianne minions say she isn't the best choreographer. I do agree that she is one of the better ballroom choreographers, but I don't know that she's as good an all-rounder as some of the other pros.

I have liked a lot of Dianne's dances, but I'm trying to think now if there have been any that have made me go 'wow', and I'm not sure there have. Joe's quickstep was his 'moment', but I think that was helped by a combination of ideal dance for the location, suitable outfits and music, and it was always his storyline to have his moment in the same place his nan used to dance. Their showdance was probably the closest to a wow dance for me, it's still one of my favourite showdances of recent years.

But yes, let's see what she can do with a ringer, although not too ringery that people don't vote for them 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
There are some very committed Dianne fans on DS, but I have also seen a fair few people on there who don't think much of her choreography (not just Fillyjonk 😆). I've even seen some Dianne minions say she isn't the best choreographer. I do agree that she is one of the better ballroom choreographers, but I don't know that she's as good an all-rounder as some of the other pros.

I have liked a lot of Dianne's dances, but I'm trying to think now if there have been any that have made me go 'wow', and I'm not sure there have. Joe's quickstep was his 'moment', but I think that was helped by a combination of ideal dance for the location, suitable outfits and music, and it was always his storyline to get to dance in the same place his nan used to dance. Their showdance was probably the closest to a wow dance for me, it's still one of my favourite showdances of recent years.

But yes, let's see what she can do with a ringer, although not too ringery that people don't vote for them 😆
I don't think there is any pro who has 'perfect' choreography all the time for every single dance for every single celeb they get; sometimes it does come down to celeb ability, outfit, theme, song, VT, etc etc. Thats why I said I would like to see what she can do with a ringer where she has less limitations; I think ballroom is easier to teach to middlers and duffers (which is all she has had) latins are pulled off better by ringers. The dances I liked of hers personally was Joe's jive, charleston, foxtrot, quickstep, VW and showdance. I think Joe struggled with latin but his cha cha and pasa doble was decent. Dev's foxtrot and CC was good. As you said and as I said previously sometimes ringers can end up in the dance off so yes they cant be too ringery; its a tall order to get someone who is just perfect on a particular year. I really think in a 'regular' year Bill bailey wouldn't have won; he was lucky being a shorter series, no-one there as well liked as him in general, the fact he actually could dance decently.

In your opinion…

Until we disagree with you 🤣

People are going to disagree. I said "I'm glad people enjoy her dancing", I do think that's adequate and I'm sorry if negative opinions on Dianne's dancing and choreography have hurt you but Tattle isn't an appreciation forum. There may be a rave thread if you only want to read positive opinions on Dianne?

Not hurt me in the slightest. You are more than welcome to your opinions but other people are also more than welcome to say we don’t agree with you.

I have liked a lot of Dianne's dances, but I'm trying to think now if there have been any that have made me go 'wow', and I'm not sure there have. Joe's quickstep was his 'moment', but I think that was helped by a combination of ideal dance for the location, suitable outfits and music, and it was always his storyline to have his moment in the same place his nan used to dance. Their showdance was probably the closest to a wow dance for me, it's still one of my favourite showdances of recent years.

Joe and Dianne spent a lot more time ‘practising’ than she does with other contestants too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Joe and Dianne spent a lot more time ‘practising’ than she does with other contestants too 😂
It's obvious what your'e insinuating there ;) If you include their reaction videos then obviously they did but seriously all couples spend from about 8/9 in the morning to 9/10 at night that includes Dianne and her other partners.

It's obvious what your'e insinuating there ;) If you include their reaction videos then obviously they did but seriously all couples spend from about 8/9 in the morning to 9/10 at night that includes Dianne and her other partners.
It was meant to be obvious. I do think she spent a lot more time with him than other contestants. His birthday party, the reaction videos were filmed round his flat etc.

Then again Amy and Tom spending ALOT of time with each other this year but I think they are wanting showmance rumours to keep people interested

Reactions: 3
It was meant to be obvious. I do think she spent a lot more time with him than other contestants. His birthday party, the reaction videos were filmed round his flat etc.

Then again Amy and Tom spending ALOT of time with each other this year but I think they are wanting showmance rumours to keep people interested
yes the reaction videos and birthday party was obvious they were all public! :LOL:

As much as I'm not fond of Tom or Amy or their partnership; Amy is always around Tom's and Giovanna's house with the kids so I doubt it.

I'd say that part of the reason Dianne has never had a proper ringer is because her strengths are in ballroom. A lot of the past ballroom leaning pros never won, it was always the latin leaning pros that got better partners. Comparing her to a past pro, I'd say that Dianne is a quirkier modern day equivalent of Erin Boag, who did the first 10 series and never really got a ringer or even anyone particularly young (she just lucked out that Colin Jackson & Austin Healey were both naturals but as athletes, they could have easily flopped). Nadiya & Aljaž seldom get ringers either and both are also ballroom leaning.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.