Joe Sugg #7 living in domestic bliss, please don't say you've moved near your sis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know, maybe. But Kevin was different though. He completely left with no intention of returning, then only wanted to come crawling back after covid ruined his tour plans and he had an unsuccessful year. Not quite the same as taking a planned year of absence to have a child.

As for the practicalities, she's not a single parent. Raising a child would be a two person job between them. Not quite the same, but Gorka went the whole last season without seeing Mia so it's not like other parents on the show haven't made sacrifices during the season's run. During a normal season she'd at least still be able to see the kid when she can.

Anyway, I don't think they'll be getting pregnant for a few years anyway so it probably won't even be an issue. They probably won't even start trying until after she's left so the issue is practically non existent imo.
It’s different to Gorka though, he didn’t carry the child. She’s incredibly fit now and I’ve no doubt would continue to exercise while pregnant but it wouldn’t be easy to get to that level again physically so soon after having a child. There’s a reason dancers leave Strictly and professional dancing before having kids and don’t try a year off.

It’s a lot of ifs though....

If she decided she’d done her time and left then no she wouldn’t nor shouldn’t expect to return.

But

If she’d signed on and then found out she’s was unexpectedly expecting between contract renewal which is normally around March/April time and August/September time then she should (morally and quite possibly legally) at least be given the option imo. It that situation it should be no different to sustaining an injury(like they gave Jamie a second chance)
This is what I was trying to say but better put 😂

There's no way she could just leave then expect to be invited back, but a pregnancy after already signing on for the next season is a whole different story.

It’s different to Gorka though, he didn’t carry the child. She’s incredibly fit now and I’ve no doubt would continue to exercise while pregnant but it wouldn’t be easy to get to that level again physically so soon after having a child. There’s a reason dancers leave Strictly and professional dancing before having kids and don’t try a year off.
In terms of being physically ready it totally depends on when the baby is born and how fast she recovers. Some athletes are back within a few weeks and others take years. Also there's the matter of when it would actually be born. If it were born in late spring/summer then no, she probably wouldn't be good for the upcoming season. Autumn/winter the year before? Probably fine. It totally depends.

I could see her leaving for just a year if it was discussed with the show. I don't think she'd fully leave then expect be invited back, but I can imagine just taking a year off to have a child/recover if she arranged it that way with producers. She's a fan favourite on the show I'm sure they'd be happy to have her back after a year off for a child. She's said recently that she has no intention of leaving the show any time soon, and even if she can't be a dancer she'd still want to be involved somehow.
hi all- first post! Sorry, I can’t agree she’s a fan favourite. Best she did was with Joe, because of Joe. Other than that she’s not got very far. If she was a fans favourite she’d be carried through regardless of who her partner is.

Reactions: 6
Exactly. Gorka is completely different. His body hasn’t changed etc

I think once she’s had a kid her focus would be on the family and not being a celeb. As I said she’s got other income opportunities etc and can still make money from a dance studio etc

Reactions: 4
I might of missed it but was there a #ad missing from his blog yesterday for gusto? The way he shoe horned it in was amateur and if he actually pays for it he'll be the first influencer in the history of social media to have not been paid by gusto to eat their meals. Yet again a sneaky move to hide his freeloading.

I might of missed it but was there a #ad missing from his blog yesterday for gusto? The way he shoe horned it in was amateur and if he actually pays for it he'll be the first influencer in the history of social media to have not been paid by gusto to eat their meals. Yet again a sneaky move to hide his freeloading.
I saw that, I wondered if they had paid for the food but then its like hello fresh when you see it, nobody pays for it apart from normal people who usually get 50% off anyway. Why do all these rich people get free food arghhh!?! But that is an issue I can't blame on Joe.

Naively I thought he was promoting a fun beer brand a while back with nothing in it for him but just giving support to small business. No. No that wasn't it at all.

Reactions: 7
hi all- first post! Sorry, I can’t agree she’s a fan favourite. Best she did was with Joe, because of Joe. Other than that she’s not got very far. If she was a fans favourite she’d be carried through regardless of who her partner is.
Long time lurker on this thread here, and I agree. I know she has the most Instagram followers, but in terms of actual Strictly popularity, that just doesn't seem to translate - I don't think the pro is a factor for the average Strictly viewer most of the time

Dianne seems like a nice, kind person and she could get to the final again with the right partner but for me, her choreography isn't anywhere near as good as some of the other pros, so I have my doubts

Reactions: 5
I saw that, I wondered if they had paid for the food but then its like hello fresh when you see it, nobody pays for it apart from normal people who usually get 50% off anyway. Why do all these rich people get free food arghhh!?! But that is an issue I can't blame on Joe.

Naively I thought he was promoting a fun beer brand a while back with nothing in it for him but just giving support to small business. No. No that wasn't it at all.
Maybe it started as promoting a brand and then they reached out to him as they saw he liked them?

I used to get hellofresh - started off with half off deals but it doesn’t last and quite quickly you are paying full price!! When I saw all these influencers advertising boxes, it did put me off!!

Reactions: 3
You have to hope! I do want to try that ice cream flavoured beer now. Im so easily led! So influenced and weak 🤧 Also tried hello fresh as it was on a murder podcast every 5 minutes.

Reactions: 2
He mentioned gousto in the last vlog too. Bit of a coincidence isn’t it. But apparently joe is always open and honest about ads 😂

I had a good laugh at how he kept talking about childhood nostalgia as a way to sell his beer and then belatedly remembered to make sure to stress that those under 18 should not drink said beer.

I don't have a problem with him selling his product, but this was one of the times a lighter pitch would have been a better approach.

Anyway, a few days ago I was watching some of their last videos at his flat and was a little sad to know they were going. I have my criticisms, like anyone does, but Dianne's lockdown videos helped me get through this past year which has steadily gotten tougher for me to take, for many reasons.

Reactions: 8
I had a good laugh at how he kept talking about childhood nostalgia as a way to sell his beer and then belatedly remembered to make sure to stress that those under 18 should not drink said beer.

I don't have a problem with him selling his product, but this was one of the times a lighter pitch would have been a better approach.

Anyway, a few days ago I was watching some of their last videos at his flat and was a little sad to know they were going. I have my criticisms, like anyone does, but Dianne's lockdown videos helped me get through this past year which has steadily gotten tougher for me to take, for many reasons.
Dianne’s lockdown videos have been fantastic (they also helped me) without fail nearly everyday she did either a live or put up a video, and I’m sure like so many of us she herself must at times have felt worried and sad about not seeing her family and her cancelled tours/work etc. I’ve just done today’s live jive class on her buswellness instagram, it was really good!

I hope you’re ok and it has got tougher....I just hope with the vaccine we are a step closer to getting through this x

Last edited:
Long time lurker on this thread here, and I agree. I know she has the most Instagram followers, but in terms of actual Strictly popularity, that just doesn't seem to translate - I don't think the pro is a factor for the average Strictly viewer most of the time

Dianne seems like a nice, kind person and she could get to the final again with the right partner but for me, her choreography isn't anywhere near as good as some of the other pros, so I have my doubts
That's a fair point, when you see comment sections full of "Dianne is sooo amazing, she's the most beaut, funny, talented person everrr" etc, (🤮), it's easy to overestimate just how many fans she has, but these people are only a tiny percentage of the total Strictly audience. Sure, people have their favourite pros, but for the average Strictly viewer it's about the celeb, and I doubt a pro could win on their fanbase alone.

Dianne's choreography is an interesting one, sometimes it has moments of greatness and other times it's just a bit meh. I do think she needs a different type of partner if she's going to win, it's a credit to her personality and teaching style that she keeps being given the young, nervous beginner, but after three in a row it's got a bit boring now. I'd be interested to see what she could do with a ringer.

Reactions: 9
That's a fair point, when you see comment sections full of "Dianne is sooo amazing, she's the most beaut, funny, talented person everrr" etc, (🤮), it's easy to overestimate just how many fans she has, but these people are only a tiny percentage of the total Strictly audience. Sure, people have their favourite pros, but for the average Strictly viewer it's about the celeb, and I doubt a pro could win on their fanbase alone.

Dianne's choreography is an interesting one, sometimes it has moments of greatness and other times it's just a bit meh. I do think she needs a different type of partner if she's going to win, it's a credit to her personality and teaching style that she keeps being given the young, nervous beginner, but after three in a row it's got a bit boring now. I'd be interested to see what she could do with a ringer.
I think Dianne’s choreography is underrated and I think it’s about time they gave her someone who has some dance ability and the public already have some connection with (both dev and max were not that good, incredibly nervous reluctant performers and she worked wonders with them, not only in terms of the dancing but all the promoting etc.....they did nothing in terms of engaging with the public, Dianne had to do everything) Dianne herself is such a brilliant performer if she was given someone who could also perform I think they’d do brilliant.

I’d like to see Dianne with a ringer like Karim. Then we’d know how good her choreography is. She seems to be given the shy, no experience partner who dosen’t connect with viewers.

Reactions: 8
I’d like to see Dianne with a ringer like Karim. Then we’d know how good her choreography is. She seems to be given the shy, no experience partner who dosen’t connect with viewers.
I feel like Dianne would crack under the pressure of a ringer. Strictly seems to stress her out and fill her with anxiety to the point where she looks ill every series.

I was listening to Jamie Laings podcast with Max and he said that Dianne ran off crying in the dress run after he forgot the dance. And we all know what happened with Dev. Imo she needs the fun comedy contestant eg Jamie Laing, Chris Ramsey etc who everyone expects to be tit and leave early but the public loves them and there’s less pressure.

Reactions: 12
I feel like Dianne would crack under the pressure of a ringer. Strictly seems to stress her out and fill her with anxiety to the point where she looks ill every series.

I was listening to Jamie Laings podcast with Max and he said that Dianne ran off crying in the dress run after he forgot the dance. And we all know what happened with Dev. Imo she needs the fun comedy contestant eg Jamie Laing, Chris Ramsey etc who everyone expects to be tit and leave early but the public loves them and there’s less pressure.
I think Dianne would love a ringer and the opportunity to choreograph for them, it’s the trolling and harassment she now receives that she could do without

Reactions: 11

I was fully expecting Dianne to be partnered with Jamie last year, and even though him and Karen worked well together, I think Karen/Max and Dianne/Jamie might have had more chemistry overall.

I just think she needs to be more versatile with her choreography so it suits different types of celebs rather than just the fun, younger ones. I'm sure she will get a ringer either this year or next though

Reactions: 7
just think she needs to be more versatile with her choreography so it suits different types of celebs rather than just the fun, younger ones
Her hands are tied there if she keeps getting the younger celebs. 3/4 have been younger.

With all the pros it’s worth remembering they can only choreograph to the song and theme they are given. She was given some God awful ones with Joe. I think she has choreographed some nice dances, Joe’s quickstep, Dev’s foxtrot in particular where there was no silly themes. Also has to take the partners ability into consideration when choreographing, Max wasn’t very good so she couldn’t choreograph a masterpiece.

Reactions: 3
Creating their own material? They vlog. Anyone can do that. They shill tit to kids still. Dianna at least has content around her dancing and fitness which is fair enough. Joe is not much less lazy than alfie when it comes to youtube, sticks a video up when he wants a quick cash boost

And as for not breaking rules, we’ve only seen what they wanted us to. Dianne didn’t go to Australia because they both work for the bbc currently and the backlash would have been massive, they have good management and pr advising them

Can someone let me know when the joe stans have stopped joining here and we can resume ha 😂
By creating their own material I mean not having to have kids in their videos. It is just them, the material is about them. I was comparing them to vlogging families.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.