Joe Biden - The 46th President of the United States

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the fellow golden oldies here, remember when Ronald Regan was the subject of headlines about his declining health, and it turned out he did have Alzheimers? I must go back and watch some clips of him, but was he as bad as this? How did he compare? Because clips such as these are so sad to watch. As others have said, it's actually cruel to let him remain in the job.

Reactions: 9
For the fellow golden oldies here, remember when Ronald Regan was the subject of headlines about his declining health, and it turned out he did have Alzheimers? I must go back and watch some clips of him, but was he as bad as this? How did he compare? Because clips such as these are so sad to watch. As others have said, it's actually cruel to let him remain in the job.
Yes, Nancy carried him through many interviews, they never told him about his diagnosis , it was picked up after a routine brain scan when he fell off his horse, think he carried on as president for a further 6yrs after that.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I do remember that Reagan got Princess Diana's name wrong at some state event and people laughing about it. Was he as bad as Biden?
It's hard to remember now but I seem to recall he managed to deliver speeches OK (but he was a trained actor).

Reactions: 5
This is Biden's victory speech three years ago. People thought he was declining *then.*

Reactions: 2
I do remember that Reagan got Princess Diana's name wrong at some state event and people laughing about it. Was he as bad as Biden?
It's hard to remember now but I seem to recall he managed to deliver speeches OK (but he was a trained actor).
I don't think Reagan came across quite as bad as Biden, despite calling Diana "Princess David", and Spitting Image having a running joke about the President's brain is missing!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Apparently everything had to be scripted and prompts dotted round, people were forbidden from asking questions etc.

Reactions: 3
It's impossible to compare as in the 80s there was no social media, nobody had a camera readily to hand. Press and publicity was far more controlled. It was also a more deferential time and people would believe things more easily, especially about their president

Reactions: 8
What a joke...he is the one who reversed all of the policies that had essentially shut down the border and announced that the border was wide open for 3 1/2 years

Reactions: 7
I’m sure the ceiling of the Whitehouse is very interesting to look at 😬 ask Melania 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
83yrs old able to walk in those heels 👏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m sure the ceiling of the Whitehouse is very interesting to look at 😬 ask Melania 😂
I'm going to stay out of the political arena, just wanted to say I want to...vermit <spelled incorrectly on purpose
🤢 when reading about elders 'bumping fuzzies' it's a hard pass for moi😃

• Haha
they could get JB clearer, cut his briefings down to weekly/fortnightly instead of daily and make them diagram and photo based as was the format for Trumps infrequent briefings - let him start later in the day, more long weekends and holidays, less actually visiting countries during crisis times and just let him tweet about it instead and then we'd see a clinical speech disorder appear much milder.

I vehemently disagree with Bidens border policy & promotion of hormones and surgeries for minors but think that as a human being he is quite decent - has fallen for the progressive curse of thinking everything out there or new is something we all need to learn to incorporate and not assess with skeptical eyes

If he does the campaign and wins he won't be there long IMHO and if Trump beats Haley to the nomination (likely unless one of the cases goes badly south for DJT) he will shortly be bumbling much more than he is right now because his own Dad had fast advancing dementia at this point and Trump in his civilian mode, living in a resort, still makes big fumbles like the Nancy Pelosi=Nikki Haley X7 and saying that Obama was current POTUS and about to lead the nation into "World War 2"

Shame Biden picked an inept VP too - Kamala is a very weak public speaker, she can do autocue stuff just fine but puts in the lines she wants to become her signature phrases every time in the hopes they will be in italics in children's books soon and when she is off the cuff its very awkward.
Val Demings the ex Florida Cop would have been much more of a connection to the general public and perfect for the wake of the George Floyd incident

• Haha
they could get JB clearer, cut his briefings down to weekly/fortnightly instead of daily and make them diagram and photo based as was the format for Trumps infrequent briefings - let him start later in the day, more long weekends and holidays, less actually visiting countries during crisis times and just let him tweet about it instead and then we'd see a clinical speech disorder appear much milder.

I vehemently disagree with Bidens border policy & promotion of hormones and surgeries for minors but think that as a human being he is quite decent - has fallen for the progressive curse of thinking everything out there or new is something we all need to learn to incorporate and not assess with skeptical eyes

If he does the campaign and wins he won't be there long IMHO and if Trump beats Haley to the nomination (likely unless one of the cases goes badly south for DJT) he will shortly be bumbling much more than he is right now because his own Dad had fast advancing dementia at this point and Trump in his civilian mode, living in a resort, still makes big fumbles like the Nancy Pelosi=Nikki Haley X7 and saying that Obama was current POTUS and about to lead the nation into "World War 2"

Shame Biden picked an inept VP too - Kamala is a very weak public speaker, she can do autocue stuff just fine but puts in the lines she wants to become her signature phrases every time in the hopes they will be in italics in children's books soon and when she is off the cuff its very awkward.
Val Demings the ex Florida Cop would have been much more of a connection to the general public and perfect for the wake of the George Floyd incident
People deserve to know what they’re voting for, if he’s incompetent for the job why waste their time.
---
Think it all over for him anyway!

Reading from the script and still can’t get it right 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 4