Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the first few minutes of her show she’s managed to raise the subject of her trainers, bemoaning that she only has Skechers and saying that she would love some Yves St. Laurent ones and then mentioning her YouTube account where she says she films in her kitchen complete with pantry.

Reactions: 2
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I mean who would want to import a toilet brush, bottle of bleach, cheap sweets, spiral notebooks etc. Gaile Golladay, that's who...
20210211_182502.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are these the most gullible subscribers on YouTube? I reckon GG lives alone with knitted dolls....

• Haha
I mean who would want to import a toilet brush, bottle of bleach, cheap sweets, spiral notebooks etc. Gaile Golladay, that's who...
View attachment 431144
😂😂😂 Maybe she fancied the cheap plastic balls that Matilda really needed. Could be she's getting through tea towels, and micro fibre cloths like Jo. Wonder if she can get dressed crab in her state.

• Haha
She must be on some pay per click-through deal, she's begging every commenter to watch the clip hoping the gig is more than a one -off..
20210211_193131.jpg

20210211_193327.jpg

In the first few minutes of her show she’s managed to raise the subject of her trainers, bemoaning that she only has Skechers and saying that she would love some Yves St. Laurent ones and then mentioning her YouTube account where she says she films in her kitchen complete with pantry.
I was sure she mentioned ages ago that she wore Fit Flops with the rocker shape sole. When they first came out that was their USP but now they do regular active and comfort shoes. I actually have a few of pairs of Fit Flops, trainers and non-ugly sandals. I had a pair of Sketchers once, they were comfy for long walks but they made me feel like a US cruise passenger on a shore visit so never replaced.

Last edited:
  • Haha
She must be on some pay per click-through deal, she's begging every commenter to watch the clip hoping the gig is more than a one -off..
View attachment 431303
View attachment 431311

I was sure she mentioned ages ago that she wore Fit Flops with the rocker shape sole. When they first came out that was their USP but now they do regular active and comfort shoes. I actually have a few of pairs of Fit Flops, trainers and non-ugly sandals. I had a pair of Sketchers once, they were comfy for long walks but they made me feel like a US cruise passenger on a shore visit so never replaced.
I know she mentioned having and wearing MBT shoes a few times.

View attachment 431144
Mind you, as someone who no longer lives in the UK and would sometimes kill for all the yummy choccies and sweets that I can no no longer get I'm afraid to say I could be tempted ! And what's all this fuss about Fabulosa? It sounds as though it's the best thing since sliced bread 🤣

I’ve never heard of Paula’s Choice products, anyone else? She obviously advertise anything for the dish, like her friend Nadine.
I bought some after hearing Nadine rave about it. It's pretty good 👍

Reactions: 5
Mind you, as someone who no longer lives in the UK and would sometimes kill for all the yummy choccies and sweets that I can no no longer get I'm afraid to say I could be tempted ! And what's all this fuss about Fabulosa? It sounds as though it's the best thing since sliced bread 🤣

I bought some after hearing Nadine rave about it. It's pretty good 👍
Nadine raves about a lot of things though. It seems to be very pricey. I don’t think MAM is a great skincare spokesperson for them.

• Haha
Nadine raves about a lot of things though. It seems to be very pricey. I don’t think MAM is a great skincare spokesperson for them.
Yes, I used to really rate Nadine until I started reading about her on here

Yes, I used to really rate Nadine until I started reading about her on here
Beauty influencers come with different levels of authority and credibility on the subject, but effectively they all say the same thing "this stuff is out there and this is my opinion of it". Some have qualifcations (medical or otherwise), others have "expertise" gained through experience (eg as journalists, SAs, or dedicated "amateurs"). Of course they can all be bought, and not all declare their affiliations so, knowing all this, we use our judgment as to whether we value their opinions.

Other influencers - like Jo Good aka MiddleAgedMinx- are the "personality" type who promote products with no authority or expertise at all. They have no problem stating or implying that they use and like a product, even when it seems likely that they don't. They'll punt anything in their own name for a buck and must hope that they'll find enough gullible punters to click on their links, while being as non-transparent as they can get away with - why should they sully their fun YouTube vlogs or IG posts with an ugly #AD declaration?

It seems likely MAM is fine with this as the MO for her Plan B, She is also has no qualms in using her position as a BBC Radio London presenter to direct viewers to her socials, which contain such (not always delcared) ads.

• Heart
Beauty influencers come with different levels of authority and credibility on the subject, but effectively they all say the same thing "this stuff is out there and this is my opinion of it". Some have qualifcations (medical or otherwise), others have "expertise" gained through experience (eg as journalists, SAs, or dedicated "amateurs"). Of course they can all be bought, and not all declare their affiliations so, knowing all this, we use our judgment as to whether we value their opinions.

Other influencers - like Jo Good aka MiddleAgedMinx- are the "personality" type who promote products with no authority or expertise at all. They have no problem stating or implying that they use and like a product, even when it seems likely that they don't. They'll punt anything in their own name for a buck and must hope that they'll find enough gullible punters to click on their links, while being as non-transparent as they can get away with - why should they sully their fun YouTube vlogs or IG posts with an ugly #AD declaration?

It seems likely MAM is fine with this as the MO for her Plan B, She is also has no qualms in using her position as a BBC Radio London presenter to direct viewers to her socials, which contain such (not always delcared) ads.
MAM just wants the freebies and the cash. Will claim to use anything if they decide to work with her. When she did her skincare routine (ages ago). I noticed she used quite a few expensive products. But has used the same things for years. Her skin is so bad, so who wants to take advice from her.
Caroline Hirons worked at a beauty counter and claims she had loads of clients who she helped. I think she looks like Miss Piggy, and looks older than her age. Nadine has the years of experience working in Magazines, but she does have all the treatments going. I find the You Tubers with the best skin are those that use natural products, and very little. So true people are gullible and will part with their money.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She often uses the fashion singular. Trying to sound ironic while doing so doesn't make it any less wanky.
Like the ubiquitous ‘a chunky boot’ which was often written by Mother of Daughters - RIP. She deleted her account a while ago. MAM had her unfunny husband, Father of Daughters, on her show quite a while ago.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.