Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yvette Sports company info. Jo Good doesn't mention if you want to return unwanted items you must post it to the US at your own cost.
20201129_084654.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
On her vlog today Jo Good addresses those who’ve commented that they don’t like her ads and sponsorships. She is playing the martyr, again saying she has no pension, and acting as if people expect her to provide her vlogs for free.

She is not savvy enough (or is she being more disingenuous than usual?) to realise it is not the collabs that people take issue with, but it’s her lack of declaration and transparency that is being questioned.

I follow several SM accounts that produce #ADs and #sponsored content but it is always honestly and clearly indicated. I contribute via Patreon to two accounts whose output I find particularly valuable so I don’t begrudge anyone earning.

Jo Good takes her followers as fools, she tells them they should celebrate the fact these companies approach her as a 65 yo woman, and even states that the companies aren’t approaching 20 to 40 year-olds, effectively saying that Lilysilk, Yvette Sports and Cherryz etc are asking only her to promote them. Her followers do generally seem like gullible types and probably don’t know that these companies are among the least discerning collaborators, they seemingly hook up with anyone, certainly not Jo Good exclusively.

Her vlog today shows her having an “offered” cellulite treatment at a clinic she’s been to before. Unless she paid for it in full I would expect to see a declaration of the benefit she received in the YT description box. So Jo - is it an #AD or was it #gifted or #paidforinfull? We don’t want you to mumble the word “offered” in your video, spell it out in the description box if you are so honest and open as you keep telling us.

And @Mustard is right, I’m sure Tim Davie new DG of the BBC would like to be alerted to the fact Jo Good often mentions her commercial YouTube enterprise during her BBC Radio London show.

20201129_151127.jpg

20201129_151305.jpg

20201129_151201.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Agree with everything you have said @VeeJayBee - she’s brazening it out. A few people saying they trust her to recommend things as she or because she uses them! I doubt she uses any of the crap at the Cherryz website that she was sent. Of course she’s going to say she uses their stuff.

That cellulite treatment (Ad) was bizarre and inappropriate. Thankful, there were lots of dissenters commenting.

The soup making was somewhat funny. Why would she cram all those ingredients in to such a small saucepan? The huge hunks of onion chopped with what looked like a bread knife were bizarre. No recipe was given or credited to anyone.

• Heart
Can someone explain to me why Jo keeps going on about not having a pension? What kind of contract is she on at the BBC, hasn't she been there a long time?

Reactions: 1
Can someone explain to me why Jo keeps going on about not having a pension? What kind of contract is she on at the BBC, hasn't she been there a long time?
Unless she is ‘staff’ she won’t have a BBC pension. It would be up to her to take out her own private pension. She’s been there over 20 years.

Reactions: 4
Agree with everything you have said @VeeJayBee - she’s brazening it out. A few people saying they trust her to recommend things as she or because she uses them! I doubt she uses any of the crap at the Cherryz website that she was sent. Of course she’s going to say she uses their stuff.

That cellulite treatment (Ad) was bizarre and inappropriate. Thankful, there were lots of dissenters commenting.

The soup making was somewhat funny. Why would she cram all those ingredients in to such a small saucepan? The huge hunks of onion chopped with what looked like a bread knife were bizarre. No recipe was given or credited to anyone.
You can see how gullible her followers are when they say they are happy to look at whatever ads she puts on as they trust her! I do hope someone alerts her YT followers to this thread. And I hope Yvette Sports buyers get in touch with her directly when they realise they have to pay £25 to post back items that don't fit to the US.

She does all those bumbling ditsy things like cooking in a too-small pan on purpose to prompt engagement, she knows the followers will send little messages like " Oh Jo! You're so crazy - why don't you get new pan LOL!! Just like when she made a vlog about her flat flooding when it was obvious her washing machine door was jammed with a stuck pink garment.

I found it so patronising during the blue coat begging scene when she was saying that she has to pay Felipe, while he is standing there, how could she?

Unless she is ‘staff’ she won’t have a BBC pension. It would be up to her to take out her own private pension. She’s been there over 20 years.
So is that because she wants to be 'freelance' and is contracted that way or is this really common at the BBC? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question it just seems crazy to me that she has been working for the same organisation for so long but isn't on their pension plan. Obviously Jo isn't responsible enough to have her own pension - she's too busy buying Stella McCartney every time she gets her royalty cheque. :rolleyes:

She does all those bumbling ditsy things like cooking in a too-small pan on purpose to prompt engagement, she knows the followers will send little messages like " Oh Jo! You're so crazy - why don't you get new pan LOL!! Just like when she made a vlog about her flat flooding when it was obvious her washing machine door was jammed with a stuck pink garment.

I found it so patronising during the blue coat begging scene when she was saying that she has to pay Felipe, while he is standing there, how could she?
I can't be bothered with her ditsy act, you're 65 for goodness sake stop acting like a teenager! She thinks it's funny and endearing, personally I think it's quite sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Even if she is self employed she should've been making her own NI contributions meaning she will receive the state pension if she's paid in long enough. If she hasn't it's her bad luck. She will find it hard to live in Marylebone and buy designer gear on £150 pw though so better get shilling on YouTube.

It’s very common for presenters to be freelance, but it’s not impossible for one to be made staff. If that was the case then she would have been given a staff job years ago, not now.

Even if she is self employed she should've been making her own NI contributions meaning she will receive the state pension if she's paid in long enough. If she hasn't it's her bad luck. She will find it hard to live in Marylebone and buy designer gear on £150 pw though so better get shilling on YouTube.
Of course. She brought this up as a topic for discussion ages ago and people told her to call the DWP to find out her pension forecast. She will be entitled to one when she turns 66.

i only discovered her a couple of months ago thanks to the youtube algorithm.

I'm oddly mesmerised by her.

I will say she's good to her mum and i like the way she spends time with her.

BUT - unless shes planning to live to 120+ she is not middle aged.
In one vlog she said to Gurpreet that she would NEVER be a feminist - ahem, if it weren't for feminism she wouldn't be able to live the life she is living.
The ads and not declaring is ridiculous.
She went to visit a house in a vlog I saw recently and Matilda pee'd in the house - she said she cleaned it up but I'd be surprised if she really did. Would she have cleaning stuff in her car? she doesn't even clean her flat.
I hate the angle she holds the camera - it's almost 2 feet above her and looks ridiculous.
Not having a pension - she's only 65 and I think she has been freelance/ a jobbing actor all her life, but as freelance you generally get paid more and one of the reasons is you have to sort your own pension out - to not have a pension and she's only 14 years older than me is not something to be proud of.
there are many other things that annoy me - but yes, I'm still oddly fascinated. In another universe I would love to live a childless life in the middle of london (but I do like my child full life just as it is too)

It's a shame- it would be good to have more women her age on youtube vlogging/ going about their lives etc. Especially those from her era who were mainly dropped from tv etc after a certain age.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It's a shame- it would be good to have more women her age on youtube vlogging/ going about their lives etc. Especially those from her era who were mainly dropped from tv etc after a certain age.
I agree with you about older women not being left behind, I liked this fact when she started out vloggin 2 years ago and I would enjoy seeing what she was doing. But she should get on board with they way things are done to maintain one's credibility, if she's really in this for the long game for her future security she's shooting herself in the foot, she's devaluing her brand by hooking up with such flaky companies and being so laissez faire with the responsibility of being an advertiser. I do wonder who is advising her or steering her SM career, it seems she would do well to pay attention to what is being said here.

Out of curiosity, how much do we think she makes from the BBC? Any idea?
I'd imagine £60 - 80k pa. It's just a guess, she's never appeared on the list of BBC earnings, it's only £150K + that make that list.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Just had “Joanne Good and Anna Web , a different breed”, episode 02.01 come up on my YouTube recs. obviously a few years ago, some interesting comments from JG about “once you get off the A3, everyone’s porkier”...... not very kind eh....

• Wow
I checked that a little while ago and she hadn’t replied after 5 hours of it being there. She needs to read the room. Talking about stomach sculpting at this precarious time with people losing their jobs during a pandemic is in very bad taste.

It’s very common for presenters to be freelance, but it’s not impossible for one to be made staff. If that was the case then she would have been given a staff job years ago, not now.

Of course. She brought this up as a topic for discussion ages ago and people told her to call the DWP to find out her pension forecast. She will be entitled to one when she turns 66.
I'm sure she's not as ditzy as she makes out. Research is part of her job and she'll be well aware of what pension she's entitled to. As a free lancer she probably gets a higher rate than staff, and she owns at least 2 other residences that are rented out so....she's never going to be skint!

Reactions: 4
Some of her YT comments are calling out her Wednesday vlog about running as being unconvincing, the majority however are congratulating her on taking up running. She set up her camera and ran past it a couple of times on Marylebone High Street, went past the Conran shop as far as the church at the end of her street, where she glances over towards the portico of the church and mentions people waking up, presumably referring to the homeless people who take shelter there and then says she's going back inside, I really don't believe she did a cheeky 3k in the meantime.

20201130_120036.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Excellent. Any bets as to her (non) response? Possibly more of the ‘we should happy that 65 year olds are asked to do promotions’ guff.

I'm sure she's not as ditzy as she makes out. Research is part of her job and she'll be well aware of what pension she's entitled to. As a free lancer she probably gets a higher rate than staff, and she owns at least 2 other residences that are rented out so....she's never going to be skint!
I am not really sure she undertakes much research, she would consider herself the talent and as a creative I suspect she'd leave dreary tasks like factchecking to the researchers. She doesn't even seem to have much general knowledge to draw upon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.