Jo Good #7 Very Late Show, BBC. Freebie-grabbin' KarenBritChick wannabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is speaking to an author (whose book she has not read) in the US, he said he's currently in LA but is from Mississippi. Jo responds "ooh Mrs-Zippy".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I had last night’s show on but didn’t hear a lot of it due to falling asleep but I did catchup on the Tuesday show yesterday.
Glad you mentioned the awful mispronunciation of Genevieve Bujold’s name @VeeJayBee. Also, neither she or her actor guest, Nathaniel, knew that Henry the VIII was played by Richard Burton. Hasn’t she said that was one of her favourite films?

Telling people what her clothes cost must be a validating thing for her. If so, it’s interesting that she didn’t actually say what she earns but it appears she would tell other presenters if they told told her what they earned.

She obviously told someone in an interview once that she had rental properties as I recorded it in a screen shot in the first thread on here.

I think she’s jealous of Vanessa’s earnings and also of her intellect.

i looked at pictures of Genevieve Bujold and MAM is ageing in a worse way while at the same time looking like her, both now and when younger.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I guess they don't look as bad on 🤔
Oh no, you have fallen. You are getting a pair aren’t you?
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-elsie-high-heeled-sock-boot-in-black-pu/prd/22039548 - cheaper dupe. Comes in tan too.

She is also jealous that Vanessa has a career @Mustard

The boots look like they belong on a Bratz doll.
They do! IF you type in Google Bratz boots up come the Asos, Stella M’s boots. They also look like a lot of the boots that Shelley’s shoes used to sell.
00F97DFB-1A1C-40E4-8F0E-8A8B1AF1C6C7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Attempting to copy Karen Brit Chick's laidback voice over intros on the "What everyone is wearing in New York" vlogs; doing a boot vlog immediately after KBC does one; buying the same style boots as worn by Grece Ghanem; posting on IG in the same feather-trimmed PJs.

Jo Good wants a shortcut to everything, she thinks the world owes her a living as a vlogging style guru but she has not one original thought or spark of creativity so plunders the work of others - and is even too lazy to do it well. @That'll_do should be her SM handle.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Meanwhile her ex colleague Judi Love, currently kicking up her heels in SCD, is also going to be on the Royal Command Performance this year. It must rankle. No graveyard slot for Judi!

Edited to add this. MAM and all the other floggers need to read this. All very well her saying her boots are sustainable and will last forever, she didn’t need them and she will buy more. Maybe MAM should do a charity sale of her unwanted stuff. Her flat is tiny, we think she has storage elsewhere in the building (Jim, can you fetch me my groovy purple bell bottoms from the basement, you know the ones, the ones I last wore in the 70s, they will go a treat with my new stompers, you know I am such a hippy chick). She could do good by having a clear out, but not buying more.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Meanwhile her ex colleague Judi Love, currently kicking up her heels in SCD, is also going to be on the Royal Command Performance this year. It must rankle. No graveyard slot for Judi!

Edited to add this. MAM and all the other floggers need to read this. All very well her saying her boots are sustainable and will last forever, she didn’t need them and she will buy more. Maybe MAM should do a charity sale of her unwanted stuff. Her flat is tiny, we think she has storage elsewhere in the building (Jim, can you fetch me my groovy purple bell bottoms from the basement, you know the ones, the ones I last wore in the 70s, they will go a treat with my new stompers, you know I am such a hippy chick). She could do good by having a clear out, but not buying more.
That's a very good article. I agree about too much stuff. I recently tried on a coat which I loved (a high street collab) but didn't buy it. I don't need it - my exisiting coats got no wear last year and they look fresh to my eyes. I steamed them all, fixed or changed buttons, repaired pocket linings and all's good. However I've not ruled out splurging on a special purchase to be worn to the Marylebone Christmas light switch-on, the £20 Big Bird MAM inspired coat from China, as featured on the last thread modelled by Russian buyer Middle Aged Minsk.

I did buy a new pair of ankle boots though, I wanted some everyday ones instead of trainers for going out in the day while WFH. I found some in a store that MAM would think was worse than high street, but they are leather, the right proportion to look good with skirts and trousers, cost £60 and are so comfortable I walked 5 miles the first time I wore them. Plus I've had compliments from people I know and two strangers, not just "I like your boots" but "you have to tell me where you got them". I resisted saying they were Prada and cost £880, you know, to let them know "what my priorities are".

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yes, as the years pass I am getting less and less stuff. If I have too much I start to feel overwhelmed with the choice, the amount of space it takes up, the money wasted. There have been very few purchases in my life when I have got that fizzy feeling and long lasting feeling when I look at them. Normally I get a small happy feeling for a few wears then it is just another covering.

I read somewhere that the influencers influence is on the wane.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She is speaking to an author (whose book she has not read) in the US, he said he's currently in LA but is from Mississippi. Jo responds "ooh Mrs-Zippy".
She’s just insinuated that Baylen Leonard’s parents are from Mrs-Zippy when they are from Tennessee. She was making fun of the fact that they liked going to a steak house (she was inferring it was an Aberdeen Angus one) in London when they came to visit him, instead of a better more upmarket restaurant.

Last edited:
  • Wow
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-elsie-high-heeled-sock-boot-in-black-pu/prd/22039548 - cheaper dupe. Comes in tan too.

They do! IF you type in Google Bratz boots up come the Asos, Stella M’s boots. They also look like a lot of the boots that Shelley’s shoes used to

They do! IF you type in Google Bratz boots up come the Asos, Stella M’s boots. They also look like a lot of the boots that Shelley’s shoes used to sell. View attachment 820831
Hell no, I wouldn't go that far 🤣 Plus it's summer here 😉
Hell no, I wouldn't go That far 🤣 Plus it's summer here 😉

• Haha
At 2’29 inon the programme from Tuesday night/Wednesday am she used the expression ‘grasp the mantle’ when I believe she meant ’grasp the nettle’ - I guess some people might it amusing, but I don’t.

At 1’10 (11’10 pm) on the programme on the 20 October, she keeps saying who is the presenter of Question Time? she finally decides it’s Emily Maitlis because she sees her on the monitor and says her hair looks nice. 😬 What she actually meant was who’s the presenter of Newsnight. Fiona Bruce is the presenter of Question Time. It’s frightening that she doesn’t know the difference between the two programmes and she works for the BBC. I also find it hard to believe that neither George or Mel corrected her!

At approximately 1’42 into the same programme on the 20/10, after the Christina Wilson Qigong airing, she reads out an email from someone who asks if she could put the qigong films on her social media. She said that she could, and why didn’t she think of that before. Then she says she’s not allowed to promote her social media so everyone would have to know her social media already. Has she been told off?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
At 1’10 (11’10 pm) on the programme on the 20 October, she keeps saying who is the presenter of Question Time? she finally decides it’s Emily Maitlis because she sees her on the monitor and says her hair looks nice. 😬 What she actually meant was who’s the presenter of Newsnight. Fiona Bruce is the presenter of Question Time. It’s frightening that she doesn’t know the difference between the two programmes and she works for the BBC. I also find it hard to believe that neither George or Mel corrected her!

At approximately 1’42 into the same programme on the 20/10, after the Christina Wilson Qigong airing, she reads out an email from someone who asks if she could put the qigong films on her social media. She said that she could, and why didn’t she think of that before. Then she says she’s not allowed to promote her social media so everyone would have to know her social media already. Has she been told off?
Thanks for that summary @Mustard, I'll listen back a bit later.

She recently said on her radio show that she spends "6 days a week in a newsroom" - being such a professional newshound you'd think she'd know who's who on those programmes.

I do wonder if the Beeb has addressed her blatant promotion of her personal monetised socials via their airwaves. She has done it at least once on every episode of the late show that I've heard. I must be more diligent in noting each example in the wiki.

I think I'll go on the BBC Radio Tattle thread and ask those there who listen to other BBC stations if they know of any instances of other presenters directing BBC listeners to personal socials. A while back I remember Mark Riley on BBC 6 Music telling listeners how they could get in touch and gave all the usual official contact details. Then he said something like he could be found on his own socials but said he wasn't allowed to mention it.

Her new car has been keyed, Genuinely sorry for her for that, senseless. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh that is terrible, it is very upsetting being a victim of senseless vandalism. I wonder if it was just her car or if some ahole went along the street (which happened near me a few years ago, 18 cars keyed and mirrors kicked off).

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh that is terrible, it is very upsetting being a victim of senseless vandalism. I wonder if it was just her car or if some ahole went along the street (which happened near me a few years ago, 18 cars keyed and mirrors kicked off).
Is just so hard to understand why people do this. Random anger. I live in the absolute sticks but we had a crop of wing mirror snapping last year. She’s a bit fragile at the moment too...,,mind you, cup half full..,,it gives her some content 😂

It's awful. I wonder if it's just her car. You know how she gives no fucks to where she parks. Maybe she's upset someone. MAM said she couldn't remember being asked to leave anywhere, on last's night show. Well I can think of a few places she's been told to stop filming. Selective memory.
Dragged out the story about her producer, and the back pack. Still talking about the mugging. Avoids that street, still bloody talking about it.

She says (in Insta comments, responses to people) she has to park it away from where she lives due to the electric chargers being put into the spaces outside her abode. The car was parked in the same street she was mugged in. She says she works hard for the necessaries in life, like a car. A car is not a necessity in her life. I used to live in central London without one, I managed. We did get one eventually, one we didn’t care about if it got damaged, which it did many times. It was nice to have personal transport but she jumps in hers for small journeys. It is not a necessity for her.

She is hoping to get a freebie I think….someone mentions a repair shop, saying she bet they will come to her rescue particularly if she puts on her YT channel. That piqued her interest alright and she said ooh, really?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.