Jo Good #7 Very Late Show, BBC. Freebie-grabbin' KarenBritChick wannabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Mustard and @House of Tea for the improvements to a thread title I proposed.

Please see the Tattle Wiki (pink button above) for an overview of Jo Good’s “antics” (her word) on social media, and her BBC Radio London radio show.

Here is a recap of what happened during the last thread, since early September.
  • Jo Good continues to vlog but not declare the advertising content. Many of these undisclosed ads are noted (with supporting screenshots) on the thread called “Influencers being shady with their ad” Click here to go to thread
  • Since being moved to the late shift Jo Good escalates her use of the BBC’s airtime to promote her personal, monetised YouTube channel, where she advertises various companies using her handle @middleagedminx, which she regularly namechecks on air. Tattlers suspect she doesn’t care about flouting BBC guidelines concerning promoting one’s own commercial enterprises, as she feels she has nothing to lose, or that management is not listening at that time.
  • Jo Good decides to act excited about her new time slot, all the while making sarcastic, passive-aggressive comments on air and on SM about the BBC’s decision to shunt her show. Mere hours before going on air for the debut late-night show she took to IG to declare the change was #humiliating. She often mentions the disruption to her bowel habits and, a month into the new time slot, is still whinging about her tiredness, being “shattered”, the change to her routine, yawn yawn.
  • Jo Good continues to read out emails and take phone calls from BBC listeners saying they miss her in the daytime – Tattlers think it is time she gives that subject a rest, her show’s producers really should keep this in check.
  • Jo Good broadcast the exact location of her block of flats. Tattlers wondered if she is hoping for fans to gather outside on Jo’s house party nights hoping for a wave if it moves to the roof terrace.
  • Her “house party” broadcasts upset her resident elderly dog Matilda, who is not used to so many people in the flat. Jo Good shames her loyal companion by telling listeners each time Matilda pees and poos due to the distress. Tattlers mentioned that Jo does not seem to have much affection for poor Matilda; this comment was swiftly followed by an IG post by MAM showing her hugging and kissing Matilda.
  • In one vlog Jo Good met a fan in the street; the fan is a model and Instagrammer, she gave Jo her card and they agreed they would be in touch for a coffee. A viewer of Jo’s vlog used the YouTube comments to ask MAM if she was able to share the fan’s IG handle; Jo Good replied giving out the woman’s personal email address.
  • Jo goes to the Jersey Boys press night. Vlogging on the way in she says hopes she’s not sitting next to Vanessa Feltz, as the last time V “was eating chocolate buttons” (said while pulling a face, this is screenshot on last thread). This shade thrown to V was commented on by many vlog viewers, and Tattlers.
  • Jo meets a fan called Andrew on a night bus, she is flattered by his attention (which many lone woman on an empty night bus might find creepy) he asked for a cuddle, said she is beautiful and she rushes in to the studio excitedly to tell producers Mel and George.
  • Jo Good has become increasingly chummy with Christina Wilson, the photographer wife of Robert Elms. CW now does pre-recorded Qi Gong classes on MAM’s late night radio show; it is not mentioned what qualifications she has in this discipline. Jo wondered if they could put a video of it on BBC’s socials. MAM also is hoping CW will decorate her flat with pumpkins for the Halloween house party on Monday 25th October. She also hopes that Simon Lycett The Royal Florist will cater but mentions that she has not asked them yet.
  • Jo finally discovered Whispering Angel rose wine, long after the rest of the world, and served one bottle along with a measly ready meal lasagne to two influencers (one is Genevieve of @this_is_fifty) who later said they remained hungry so demolished a baguette. Similarly, self-appointed fashionista Jo Good had never heard of the iconic Chanel Rouge Noir nail varnish, but did buy a green Gucci nail varnish (posted to her from Italy) and applied it to her torn nails and inflamed cuticles for an IG post.
  • As suggested by her cheerleader Nadine Baggott, Jo did a high street haul vlog; she seemed to do it resentfully, pulling a face when uttering the words “high Street”. She ordered six random items online, hence nothing fitted or looked good, having done zero research as usual. It was not very well received by her followers. Jo loftily thinks the stuff she buys is “designer” but the labels she favours are only a rung above good high street; her price-point wouldn’t even buy Bond Street ready-to-wear yet she thinks she is a top-level, couture-wearing fashionista.
  • She posted a photo on IG wearing gifted $245 dollar PJs with turkey feathers stuck around the ankles, photographed at her favourite hotel in Climping where she stayed for a night during the gardening leave period she had between her day time and night time schedule change.
  • Tattlers noted that the new Star/Disney+ series 'Only Murders in the Building' features Martin Short as a broke old luvvie who hasn't had a gig for years and pushes his bulldog around in a pram while on the hustle and trying to make a podcast. He engages with his stans who sit out the front of the apartment building, asking them what they’d pay for his official merch.
  • Tattlers ask: What has happened to MAM’s merch project, after she had a meeting with Filipe about it months ago?
  • She started a new vlog strand on YouTube, “What people are wearing in…”, attempting to channel Karen Brit Chick’s approach, but Jo Good films the eps in a very short time with a slapdash result and very ittle fashion expertise. Many people do similar street style vlogs on YouTube but many commenters call her out for attempting to copy KBC specifically.
  • She bought a stiff, too-big gold leather skirt, in some random studio/shop in Marylebone. Online reviews say the shop is run by a nasty old woman, some Tattlers plan on checking it out.
  • She hosted a Q&A with Julian Clary at the Barbican to launch his book. Afterwards he told her she wasn’t paying attention during the session. She later commented in the car on the way home, while pointing out her thank-you bouquet, that at least SHE enjoyed herself.
  • Jo Good declared she would love to “run a restaurant” after giving her expert opinion on why a local restaurant failed; one of the reasons she cited was “no eastern Europeans”.
  • Again highlighting her impecuniosity, she laments that she “won’t inherit”. Tattlers wondered why this might be the case as there is only her and her older brother, with their 96yo mother living in the family home.
  • Picks up her new leased Mini (“I pay for it every month”) from the Park Lane car show room, it’s a black car this time and a lower spec model in order to keep the cost down. On her vlog she points out that the last two letters on the number plate are JO. She is annoyed that drivers are being pushed out of central London, as parking is more difficult due to parking spots for EVs only being installed.
  • Mini recently did a promotion about their cars and dogs, Jo Good must’ve been annoyed at not being booked for that gig which might’ve included free use of a car. Perhaps the Mini comms team didn’t like what they saw on MAM’s socials, seeing Matilda not restrained properly in the vehicle and Jo Good driving around looking into the camera instead of the road; not the right message for their brand.
  • Jo Good has been asked to turn on the Marylebone Christmas lights in 2021, she must be thrilled as she has wondered for many years why she had never been asked.
  • She locked herself out of her flat one night but didn’t want to disturb her friend who lives nearby who has spare keys, as she is an actress who’d been busy filming. Instead she rang many neighbours’ door buzzers at 2am, no one replied. She then phoned “her”caretaker Sandra who was away, Sandra then called her husband Jim who was at the flats and let her in.
  • Jo Good thinks that commercial airliners fly at the same altitude as the craft that took William Shatner to the edge of space.
  • Suzi Grant of Alternative Ageing revealed that she has used Filipe as an editor in the past but has gone back to doing it herself. She also, archly, referred to Jo as “that other lady”.
20211017_164502.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks @VeeJayBee - love a brand new thread!

Awesome recap - with regard to point below, MAM said that the ill fitting antique gold leather skirt would be her last High St buy of the season. Her memory seems to be going because last week she went to Selfridges and then to Stella McCartney for what we think are bouncing rubber platformed heeled boots - which cost about £645 pounds. She is very excited about the purchase, she teased us without really showing them to us, but she promises her adoring subscribers that they will be debuted in next week’s vlog. They, and we here, can’t wait.

• As suggested by her cheerleader Nadine Baggott, Jo did a high street haul vlog; she seemed to do it resentfully, pulling a face when uttering the words “high Street”. She ordered six random items online, hence nothing fitted or looked good, having done zero research as usual. It was not very well received by her followers. Jo loftily thinks the stuff she buys is “designer” but the labels she favours are only a rung above good high street; her price-point wouldn’t even buy Bond Street ready-to-wear yet she thinks she is a top-level, couture-wearing fashionista.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'll dump a few more screenshots from the last thread here, referred to in the recap above.
The Julian Clary gig...
20211018_201509.jpg

20211018_201553.jpg

Throwing shade at Vanessa Feltz...
20211010_204950.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Comments about Jo Good left on Suzi Grant's YT channel...
20211017_233914.jpg

20211018_225119.jpg

Tattlers have suggested Jo might start charging for meet and greets. I wonder if MAM can convince this one to fork out some good ol' $US. Cash in hand would suit, a fistful of C-notes for her next trip to her "spiritual home" NYC. Any guesses what the going rate might be?

20211017_231630.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Interesting, a Canadian sub of AA sees through MAM. Maybe her international subs aren’t all as fawning as they seem.

Just looked, MAM’s comment showing the full email address of the woman she met in the street is still there. She has been on there hearting newer comments and answering questions, you would think she would delete it.

A lot of these less savvy vloggers invade other people’s privacy. Suzi Grant did it this week. Filming a few women cold water swimming near Brighton, filming them getting out of the sea. I doubt she got their permission. I would be peed off. Not everybody likes the attention that vloggers do themselves.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I've only had a chance to listen back to a little of last night's radio show, the subject was dirty weekends. She seems to be favouring the late-night smut approach.

Reactions: 1
I don’t associate MAM with raunch and sexual matters. She seems sexless. It’s nothing to do with her age, she has always given the impression that she has shut up shop in that direction. Her all consuming passion is fashion.

• Haha
The Stella M platfrom boots are horrible and not at all like the two pairs she showed, for a start they are light grey. One of these days she will fall off her heels/platforms and break something.

Do we know for sure she has gone for the grey? I think perhaps she may have got the black ones. Still hideous. But slightly more practical. We will soon see.

Tonight's show. Topic is about how people talk about money. Why is it rude to ask someone what they earn? Plays a clip of Eileen Atkins saying she's never been afraid of talking about money. Jo says she's the same and would happily tell any of her colleagues what she is earning.

Says she proudly tells people how much she pays for clothes, she prefers to buy a cashmere cardigan rather than pay for a private pension. She does it not to boast but to let people know it's a priority.

Dale Winton - she says she knew him well before he was famous - told her to wear her money on her sleeve and people will take you seriously.

20210822_141653.jpg

20210822_141638.jpg

Says she would LOVE to know what her fellow presenters earn but they won't tell her. I wonder who she asked? Vanessa's pay is publicly known as BBC publishes earnings over £150k pa. Did she ask Bob Elms? :ROFLMAO:

A caller who is a head of HR (Post Office or Royal Mail?) said she earns £120k. Jo sounded gobsmacked and said WOW, WOW.

The reasonJo Good talks about money is not, as she implies, because it is good for workers to be informed, but because she is pity baiting and on the beg.

Then - Jo Good bingo!!!! - mentions actress Genevieve Beau-jew-lay :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
I wonder how much she earns from BBC. I doubt it is that much. But because she thinks nothing of paying £600 for boots, and many other clothes, seems to me she has another income stream (not vlogging, doubt she earns much).

I wonder how much she earns from BBC. I doubt it is that much. But because she thinks nothing of paying £600 for boots, and many other clothes, seems to me she has another income stream (not vlogging, doubt she earns much).
She has her properties, although they could be mortgaged to the hilt. She has said she won't inherit - might equity have been released from her mother's home? It's likely that Jo or her brother has PoA, with dear Mutti being 96 and now described often by Jo as "frail".

Reactions: 2
She has her properties, although they could be mortgaged to the hilt. She has said she won't inherit - might equity have been released from her mother's home? It's likely that Jo or her brother has PoA, with dear Mutti being 96 and now described often by Jo as "frail".
I have also wondered the same when she keeps mentioning not having a pension. If she doesn't have a private one, which seems likely, perhaps she can't rely on her properties if she is still paying mortgages. Yet again MAM is like Steve Allen - both a similar age yet haven't paid off their mortgages. That said, you can't believe what either of them say.

Hmm, not sure what to make when she has said a few times she won't inherit. Is this just to make us feel sorry for her? If so, I don't when she spends outrageous money on crappy clothes and shoes and has the nerve to boast/gloat about it.

If she actually has a lot of disposable income, then fair play as she can afford to spend what she wants, so STFU about not having a pension if she can manage comfortably without one.

I have also wondered the same when she keeps mentioning not having a pension. If she doesn't have a private one, which seems likely, perhaps she can't rely on her properties if she is still paying mortgages. Yet again MAM is like Steve Allen - both a similar age yet haven't paid off their mortgages. That said, you can't believe what either of them say.

Hmm, not sure what to make when she has said a few times she won't inherit. Is this just to make us feel sorry for her? If so, I don't when she spends outrageous money on crappy clothes and shoes and has the nerve to boast/gloat about it.

If she actually has a lot of disposable income, then fair play as she can afford to spend what she wants, so STFU about not having a pension if she can manage comfortably without one.
As I've said since the start of the these threads I really don't care how much Jo Good spends on clothes, I know a lot of people who spend a lot more than MAM does on clothes but they don't do so while playing poor, sneakily advertising any old toot, or displaying a beggy face on social media.

She is cagey how she refers to the pension subject now, she used to announce (constantly!) - on the radio and on her socials - "I have no pension". However, since turning 66, she'll be aware that everyone will know she's eligible for the state pension, so now says specifically that she hasn't paid into a private pension.

I think she might've realised that constantly going on in public about her financial situation is getting very tired and is not a good look, hence her now trying to "own it" by taking the approach that she's simply open and "un-English" about the topic.

Last edited:
She is probably spending her state pension on expensive manuka honey. Wasn’t it 80 quid she paid.

Jo seems to spend money to impress other people. A lot of her older clothes are smaller brands, dare I say more stylish. They were what she really liked. Now she is buying the high profile names -
# Stellamccartney looks better than #smallernichebrande on her grid. That is why she is resembling Edina from Ab Fab now. Her clothes are wearing her, not the other way around.

I think she bought the previous mentioned honey in Daylesford - again, she lives near a Holland & Barrett - why not go somewhere less showy, less Instagram worthy.

There is an inauthenticity to MAM. And it’s getting worse. I think the access to direct transmission via social media has made her innate narcissism out of control. she is all about the show off. When she was purely a radio presenter, her showing off tendencies were managed by strong production team. When the firm hands moved on, the interns were no match for her showing off. I am wondering if her being assigned Mel was a deliberate reining in.

It is sad that a woman in the autumn of her life feels the need to show off rather than provide meaningful content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She looks like she dragged those boots from the attic where they have lived undisturbed since the 70s.

Not just Karen Brit Chick she is copying. This is the vlogger she has mentioned that she and Nadine Baggage are obsessed with. She referenced her when she spoke to the fan on last Sunday’s offering (the fan whose email address she published).
Clumpy boots, check. Fur trimmed PJs, check.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.