Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What really got me… was when Esther Rantzen who was Head of the Childline at the BBC during the eighties… broke down crying saying she never knew or heard anything about Jimmy Saville. Is she for real this woman? She never heard one single thing when it was right under her nose? Lies. All these people who turned a blind eye need to be made accountable, especially the “head of childline”.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
What really got me… was when Esther Rantzen who was Head of the Childline at the BBC during the eighties… broke down crying saying she never knew or heard anything about Jimmy Saville. Is she for real this woman? She never heard one single thing when it was right under her nose? Lies. All these people who turned a blind eye need to be made accountable, especially the “head of childline”.
This!!!!!

There is so much out there about Esther Rantzen knowing about what happened.

I just don't understand HOW she, as the "head of childline" has never been officially questioned or held to account over this.

It makes me sick and personally I think it proves that there are some real power players involved here.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This!!!!!

There is so much out there about Esther Rantzen knowing about what happened.

I just don't understand HOW she, as the "head of childline" has never been officially questioned or held to account over this.

It makes me sick and personally I think it proves that there are some real power players involved here.
I do find that odd, particularly as he was banned from Children in Need, and others such as Terry Wogan, Paul Gambachini had raised concerns.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really dislike her and wouldn't trust her an inch. She behaves as if she is some kind of grand dame of the BBC.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you to those recommending the "In plain sight.." book. On my Kindle now 😊
Ive just ordered a copy off Amazon as well, thanks guys. I can't imagine it will be pleasant reading but it is a way not to forget what the victims endured through that monster and his friends

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I had a lucky escape I wrote in to Jimll fix it at 13 to swim with Sharron Davies , I didnt get through although I got a letter back, I never realised how creepy he looked until I was older he was like the child catcher on chitty chitty bang bang, my husband said years ago that to look at him made him go cold as he looked like a creepy bastard, he also said years ago I bet something comes out about him , I said no he looks creepy but he cant be.He was right

I remember reading somewhere about Jill Dando spilling the beans on some high profile people in the BBC and lo and behold shortly afterwards she was killed, I think it was Saville , also Princess Di was rumoured to have said to Charles that she couldnt stand him and he made her uncomfortable

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I had a lucky escape I wrote in to Jimll fix it at 13 to swim with Sharron Davies , I didnt get through although I got a letter back, I never realised how creepy he looked until I was older he was like the child catcher on chitty chitty bang bang, my husband said years ago that to look at him made him go cold as he looked like a creepy bastard, he also said years ago I bet something comes out about him , I said no he looks creepy but he cant be.He was right

I remember reading somewhere about Jill Dando spilling the beans on some high profile people in the BBC and lo and behold shortly afterwards she was killed, I think it was Saville , also Princess Di was rumoured to have said to Charles that she couldnt stand him and he made her uncomfortable
I have also heard that he could have been behind Jill Dandos death and that Diana didn't like Charles associating with him. Charles also hero worshipped Lawrence Van Der Post who got an underage girl pregnant and was very close to his Uncle Louis Mountbatten who is rumoured to have abused young boys. God marrying into royalty must have been a nightmare.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m now at the part where Savile is having a say in how things are done at Broadmoor. bleeping Broadmoor!!! Apparently his name also came up in an anonymous tip off from the public during the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper. Says it all really!

Reactions: 7
I’m now at the part where Savile is having a say in how things are done at Broadmoor. bleeping Broadmoor!!! Apparently his name also came up in an anonymous tip off from the public during the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper. Says it all really!
And he was called DOCTOR Savile by some. Saints preserve us!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Savile and Sutcliffe apparently struck up an immediate friendship when they met for the 'first' time in Broadmoor. Also, a cast of Savile's teeth was taken by police in 1980 to cross reference against bite marks on one of Sutcliffe's victims. Seems very strange to me that the police suspected Savile of being involved but he was still mixing with politicians and Royalty and presenting BBC shows. The public were not protected from either monster

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Savile and Sutcliffe apparently struck up an immediate friendship when they met for the 'first' time in Broadmoor. Also, a cast of Savile's teeth was taken by police in 1980 to cross reference against bite marks on one of Sutcliffe's victims. Seems very strange to me that the police suspected Savile of being involved but he was still mixing with politicians and Royalty and presenting BBC shows. The public were not protected from either monster
Jesus I didn’t know that! Very strange indeed.

Reactions: 2
I've recently read that part and, to be fair, it says the tip-off was supposedly because Savile was known to regularly pick up prostitutes in Leeds and any such customer might have come under suspicion.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Jesus I didn’t know that! Very strange indeed.
That books makes you say that all the time. I would read mine on the Kindle if I woke up early and would say to my hubby - you won't believe what I have read about Savile today almost every time I picked it up.
I have spoken about this on here before - When I was about 15 I was in hospital with a girl who worked at the hairdresser where he had his hair bleached and she said they all hated him and nobody liked to go near him or to touch his hair and she said to me if he comes in here don't have any eye contact with him, pretend to be asleep. Lots of people knew what he was like but he was Jimmy Savile and he was quite powerful in those days.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.