Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He looks like he smells of stale cigarettes and unwashed feet - just repulsive. I'm not sure I've seen a creepier dude and am shocked that he was able to pull this off for so long. Like Weinstein and Epstein - an open secret.

Reactions: 12
Personally I feel Savile should be left dead and not revisited in any way. That's what he would hate most.

Reactions: 44
I think it’s too soon for this saville thing. I read the “in plain sight” book and parts of it just made me feel sick. His faux Catholicism and how he hoped his good deeds (even though they too were just to get him closer to his victims) outweighed his bad ones. The man was utterly abhorrent. He knew he was dying and was found with his fingers crossed - hoping he got into heaven. Hope he died a slow agonising death and wherever he is now, hope he’s rotting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I think it’s too soon for this saville thing. I read the “in plain sight” book and parts of it just made me feel sick. His faux Catholicism and how he hoped his good deeds (even though they too were just to get him closer to his victims) outweighed his bad ones. The man was utterly abhorrent. He knew he was dying and was found with his fingers crossed - hoping he got into heaven. Hope he died a slow agonising death and wherever he is now, hope he’s rotting!
My uncle is of the firm belief that he 'gave himself a little help along the way' because he knew what was coming.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I've just watched Savile: Portrait of a Predator on ITV.com. Grim but fascinating. One fact it included that I didn't know before was that underage girls were allowed into the BBC bar to drink alcohol after the show.

Reactions: 7
I've just watched Savile: Portrait of a Predator on ITV.com. Grim but fascinating. One fact it included that I didn't know before was that underage girls were allowed into the BBC bar to drink alcohol after the show.
That's Top of the Pops I meant by 'the show' by the way.

Reactions: 1
I always remember how when Saville died celebs came out saying how heartbreaking his death was and what a legendary man he was and so caring towards others with his charity work etc.

Then it all gets exposed and many of those same celebs then went on tv this time saying there were rumours and people knew, how shameful can you get.

The only celeb i personally remember sat there after his death claiming there was never a single hint of anything untoward and he certainly hadn’t seen any of it himself was *drum roll* …Phillip Schofield.

Yeah of course you didn’t know anything about it Phillip, despite virtually everyone you had worked for, with and around in the 1980s having heard the rumours or seen the sickening culture around him at the BBC with their own eyes.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
I always remember how when Saville died celebs came out saying how heartbreaking his death was and what a legendary man he was and so caring towards others with his charity work etc.

Then it all gets exposed and many of those same celebs then went on tv this time saying there were rumours and people knew, how shameful can you get.

The only celeb i personally remember sat there after his death claiming there was never a single hint of anything untoward and he certainly hadn’t seen any of it himself was *drum roll* …Phillip Schofield.

Yeah of course you didn’t know anything about it Phillip, despite virtually everyone you had worked for, with and around in the 1980s having heard the rumours or seen the sickening culture around him at the BBC with their own eyes.
I've said it before on this thread but Philip Schofield was on This Morning the day after the Savile exposè seriously doubting the claims saying if it were true there would have been rumours but he had never heard them. I think he was interviewing Savile's PA and she was also saying she had never suspected anything. What a load of rot. It was an open secret in the industry thay Savile was an abuser of children, even if the rest of the disgusting stuff he got up to wasn't known about. Savile's abuse was assisted by all those that turned their heads.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
After he died I remember one woman on different chat shows saying she was his child. She looked a bit like him. Everyone was saying she was after his estate.
His gravestone was huge as it had all his accomplishments engraved on it as per his request. Then after the story broke it got ground down into tiny pieces.
As much as I read at the time I don’t remember how or why his hideous crimes eventually made headlines, after everything being hushed up for so long, despite people reporting him. Anyone remember?
if i remember rightly,after he died,his grave kept getting vandalised (by his victims,it seems) and it came out, whilst they were investergating that.the news of the world published a story about him (think it was his book out ?) around 1973 ish and he was creepy in that (i 'm sure he was a wrestler and used the holds on people),when i was 14 he was suppose to come and do a 10 mile charity walk at my school in cardiff, thank God he didnt come,he sent his brother in his place (looked identical but had brown hair,even wore the tracksuits) lots of the youngsters hung around him on the walk .my grandmother thought he was wonderful with all the charity work he did. i thought he was repulsive.

Reactions: 11
if i remember rightly,after he died,his grave kept getting vandalised (by his victims,it seems) and it came out, whilst they were investergating that.the news of the world published a story about him (think it was his book out ?) around 1973 ish and he was creepy in that (i 'm sure he was a wrestler and used the holds on people),when i was 14 he was suppose to come and do a 10 mile charity walk at my school in cardiff, thank God he didnt come,he sent his brother in his place (looked identical but had brown hair,even wore the tracksuits) lots of the youngsters hung around him on the walk .my grandmother thought he was wonderful with all the charity work he did. i thought he was repulsive.
I saw his brother once he was creepy as hell as well. I used to find Savile repulsive and vomit inducing as a child and used to get told off by adults because he was such a "good man" doing charity work. Maybe children could see past that?

Reactions: 16

The hypocrisy of these people was staggering. Happy to be rent-a-mouths praising him when the old bastard died but then jumping on the 'There were rumours- something wasn't right' bandwagon when the proverbial hit the fan.

Reactions: 8
They knew what he was like. The producer of the ‘Jim’ll Fix It’ show, Roger Ordish said, when the allegations first started surfacing, "I didn't see anything and nothing was reported to me", but added that he knew Savile had a "predilection for younger females". Any decent and responsible person would have made sure that he didn’t have access to ‘younger females’ but that’s exactly what they didn’t do.
I bet they all made sure, he didn't come into contact with their own children though!

• Sick
Reactions: 16
It's like all the A list people in Hollywood who claimed that they knew nothing about Harvey Weinstein...but somehow nobody me on the other side of the country knew about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes everyone started going to the papers/media and they published it because he was dead and could no longer sue them.
Savile clearly was a sexual predator and serial abuser of women, underage girls and boys as well as a possible necrophiliac. This is undeniable given the information that has come to light since his death. It is also undeniable that at least some of those alleging abuse at his hands are liars and malicious. This is the nature of such controversies. It is astounding, when you think about it, that he was never charged with any offence in the course of his lifetime. I don't believe for one moment that this was because of his connections to particular institutions or to people in positions of high authority. He was adept at concealing the abuse and may have appeared intimidating and menacing to his young victims but why did anybody who was aware of his behaviour over several decades and might have been in a position to put a stop to it not do so?

Reactions: 3
Savile clearly was a sexual predator and serial abuser of women, underage girls and boys as well as a possible necrophiliac. This is undeniable given the information that has come to light since his death. It is also undeniable that at least some of those alleging abuse at his hands are liars and malicious. This is the nature of such controversies. It is astounding, when you think about it, that he was never charged with any offence in the course of his lifetime. I don't believe for one moment that this was because of his connections to particular institutions or to people in positions of high authority. He was adept at concealing the abuse and may have appeared intimidating and menacing to his young victims but why did anybody who was aware of his behaviour over several decades and might have been in a position to put a stop to it not do so?
He knew a lot of people's secrets that important or famous people wanted him to take to his grave. I think he also provided those same people with opportunities to do depraved things and then bought their silence.

Reactions: 14
Gazza and Jimbo reek of repulsive creeps in retrospect. They had little self awareness of how stupid they looked! (big indicator for weirdo!)

Reactions: 2

I had heard about it. I remember discussing it with friends in the playground when I was 12.
My arse he hadn’t heard anything

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.