Jim Chapman #7 Sarah Chapman and her husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how often he speaks about Tanya in their day to day conversations? If it's frequent, sarah needs to be packing her bags pronto

Reactions: 19
Omg that is so genuinely creepy… I don’t even think it’s making fun, it’s just like some sort of weird obsession? Wtf. It’s not even funny anymore.

Reactions: 22
I applaud Tanya for keeping Sage’s face private, she has many faults but this is spot on. Of course, ‘The Chapman’s’ (🤢) have no shame whatsoever and, as well as exploiting their own kid, he’s now taking the piss out of his ex’s kid. bleeping weirdo.
The other good thing Tanya has done is be extremely vague over her son's date, time and place of birth. She and her partner so far seem a bit more savvy about splurging details like that all over SM. (So far. Give them time).
Are Jim and Sarah just mocking Tanya's baby?

Reactions: 22
Hahahahahaha so he’s growing SAGE? How convenient he mentions it now 🤣
It's SO weird he has the whole thing of herbs and just keeps mentioning sage... you could see Sarah almost bristling as he said it "well see how it tastes "

Reactions: 9
that video of the herbs really says “Living Rent Free In My Head”
________
to make himself look mature & positively focused on constructive things going on in his life, he shouldn’t be mentioning or alluding to anything concerning a previous relationship. It’s not a good look, to keep referencing an ex whilst making content with his lovely new family within the same video. he needs to gain self-awareness on this. stop alluding to your ex, for your own sake, & public image.

I'm not sure why I just can't look away from this family. I want to stop watching —it's actually really sad that a couple who have everything going for them (marriage, beautiful daughter, great families, lovely house, access to a holiday home, etc) can still come across so dissatisfied and petty. I want to believe we're all just reading in to things too much. With Sarah posting how she's living her dream life, why is it so impossible for us to believe her? Maybe it's the stark contrast to Jim's post that said his best life was in his previous marriage, years before he'd met her or they had Margot. Maybe it's the fact Sarah posted accusations of Tanya cheating, years after they'd broken up. Maybe it's Jim's bizarre tone as he talks about 'the sage I grew for you'. Even when he posts compilations of his family life, I can just imagine the only reason he uploaded the video was because Sarah showed him it and then sulked until he did.

I think the fact that Tanya is just so unbothered by them that they haven't ever been alluded to in any of her content makes their behaviour seem even more bizarre.

It really feels like they don't have any direction in their lives other than 'against Tanya'. They're clinging on to the hope of being influencers but can't even get to 1000 followers on a new TikTok account they've been promoting. They've amassed the same amount any ordinary couple would be likely to get from family and friends. And that's because that's all they are really — an ordinary couple. A very fortunate one, but not celebrities. Only known for Jim's past. I think that's why he references it so much — his past is the only thing that gets him any engagement. And rather than choose a new direction for the future he is just trying to recreate the past. Maybe one reason he's so bitter about Tanya is because he's deluded enough to believe that if only people didn't think he was the bad guy in their marriage (which she never said he was) he would be more popular. I did used to think that maybe Sarah would be happy to live a normal life but it seems she's the one pushing for their Vlogmas and TikTok. Maybe she's come to realise that Jim will never move on unless he gets more attention than he did before. Which he's unlikely ever to do.

I feel bad for watching and being critical of a couple who are clearly struggling to find happiness, but at the same time they keep pushing more and more content out into the world and it serves as a reminder that no matter how much money you have, how much you are loved, how much you have going for you, it's always possible to be unhappy if you're always comparing yourself to others or yearning for the past. At some point you have to choose to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I married a divorced man 20 something years ago (they were married in 93 and split up in 98).They didn't have children together. His ex wife was having an affair with his then, best friend. When we started seeing one another, he explained everything that had happened. On the odd occasion, he would mention his ex wife (actually, her family more as they meant a lot to him)....and I would promptly leave the room if he ever mentioned her directly. We have gone on to have children and he NEVER mentions her. He just keeps saying that he wished he'd met me before he married his ex wife. So, I've been in Sarah's shoes and she needs to do the same - leave the room, don't join in with berating Tanya ....he will soon get the hint!

Reactions: 11
I married a divorced man 20 something years ago (they were married in 93 and split up in 98).They didn't have children together. His ex wife was having an affair with his then, best friend. When we started seeing one another, he explained everything that had happened. On the odd occasion, he would mention his ex wife (actually, her family more as they meant a lot to him)....and I would promptly leave the room if he ever mentioned her directly. We have gone on to have children and he NEVER mentions her. He just keeps saying that he wished he'd met me before he married his ex wife. So, I've been in Sarah's shoes and she needs to do the same - leave the room, don't join in with berating Tanya ....he will soon get the hint!
I respectfully disagree. Sarah shouldn't leave the room; she should leave Jim. If anyone in a relationship keeps banging on about their ex in front of their new partner they're either not over them, bitter or unable to move forward (hence not being relationship-ready). Further, if they slate the ex, they will almost certainly slate you (whenever your relationship ends).

I wouldn't dream of entering a new relationship and talking about my ex. Anyone who does looks bitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I respectfully disagree. Sarah shouldn't leave the room; she should leave Jim. If anyone in a relationship keeps banging on about their ex in front of their new partner they're either not over them, bitter or unable to move forward (hence not being relationship-ready). Further, if they slate the ex, they will almost certainly slate you (whenever your relationship ends).

I wouldn't dream of entering a new relationship and talking about my ex. Anyone who does looks bitter.
Totally agree but doubt she ever will, even just in career terms they probably need to stay together

I think the thing that's really getting to them is that Tanya is not showing Sage's face. That immediately gives Tan the upper hand because they know they get criticism for showing so much of Margot, and Tan is not doing that with Sage (so far anyway).

For a narcissist like Jim he will see that like Tan is 'winning' and its making him bitter.

Reactions: 37
I presume (and hope for the sake of dear little Margot) that Jim is actually happy with Sarah. But he did get together with her awfully quickly after his marriage broke down, and flaunted the relationship all over SM.
He is getting increasingly odd too. All those topless selfies :sick: doing that awful 'model' face.
I get the impression he is terribly hard work to live with. He seems without direction or purpose, harking back to the glory Gleam Brit crew days.
I wonder if the skincare thing he mentioned a few weeks ago will come to anything? I bet he and Sarah have considered a podcast - 'The Chapmans - A Modern Family'.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think what a lot of men in relationships with influencer women don't realise is that people are interested in their wife/girlfriend, not them. Jim Chapman and Stef Michalak are the biggest examples I can think of of this.
The appeal of the likes of Zoe and Tanya ten years ago was that they were relatively ordinary people. Of course they went on to have extraordinary lives with opportunities their viewers could only dream of, but they at least started out from backgrounds that were familiar to the many women and girls that watched them. It was refreshing to see content by real, relatable women — even as the content itself and the lifestyle it depicted became increasingly unrelatable.
Jim's audience wasn't interested in Jim's hobbies or personality. Any interest in him stemmed from the fact he was part of Tanya's life. On some level he must be aware of this and it must be difficult knowing that his peak was only made possible by his proximity to his popular wife. His audience back then was probably mainly teenage girls and is now just some of the women those girls grew into who likely follow him out of habit or a vague sense of nostalgia. Even now his audience would probably be more interested in Sarah than him, but she struggles to be relatable. Maybe because she doesn't have an ordinary job or maybe because she just doesn't stand out amongst the over abundance of pretty women interested in clothes, baking and books.
It's understandable that they're floundering around trying to find a path in life, what is irresponsible is experimenting with using their small child to try to generate enough interest in their life for them not have to come up with something better to do. There's enough discourse around for them to be aware of the downsides of family vlogging, so there's really no excuse for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Had to comment. MORTIFIED for them. Do they expect us to think that they are unaware of the name of Tanya’s baby? Suddenly they are growing sage and making sage and butternut squash risotto? They are coming off as so pathetic.

Reactions: 35
I read a really good article a while ago(I wish I could remember where) about influencers and how things are changing and people want to follow those that have things to say about the world and have opinions on things that matter, make content that is relevant and informative. It stuck with me because that’s exactly the type of person I find myself following these days.
Let’s face it people like Jim, Tanya and Zoe were just in the right place at the right time, they aren’t particularly talented or interesting, if they started out today then they wouldn’t get anywhere near the following they did back then. Sarah is really attractive and seems nice enough but she is also very bland and their life together is pretty dull. Jim comes across as really bored, he needs a job.

Reactions: 18
Genuinely can’t believe the ‘first harvest of Sage’ comment 🤯
He 100% knows Tanya’s baby name, so how can he not think it weird to not only mention it but even capitalise the letter?!

If he genuinely wanted to just post his boring story he could have easily just said ‘the first harvest’ or ‘first harvest of the herbs’ 🤔

Reactions: 23
Jim totally knows what he's doing with the sage comment. He's a narcissist (sorry to armchair diagnose him but, come on. He is). Narcissists live for attention and think the world revolves around them, so of course he'd make everything, even his ex-wife's birth, about him.

I will say I don't think Jim is obsessed with Tanya as such. He's obsessed with a time in which he thinks he was perceived as more successful. I 100% agree that like @ah659 said, he was never the main attraction. But there was a point in the early 2010s where he achieved his "peak". It's not about him missing Tanya, it's about *him*. It always is. Same with still being salty about the divorce. He doesn't care that he's no longer with Tanya, partners for narcissists are just placeholders, there to reflect on them. He cares about the fact that the general agreement, which he has fueled, is that she cheated on him and dumped him. So it reflects poorly *on him*. He cant' help to also want the sympathy from being the aggrieved party, though.

He'd do well to go to therapy. The Chapmans have alluded to how abusive their father was and how there are many emotional wounds from their childhood. If he doesn't want to duck up Margot and ruin his relationship with Sarah, he should just bite the bullet and go to therapy. He could even do a podcast about that, wasn't he studying psychology way back when?

Of course, he won't, cause he thinks he's perfect but... it'd be nice for the sake of Margot.

Reactions: 27
I think Sarah is just as bad as Jim with this Tanya obsession. They probably thought they were being really clever with the “sage” story. For me she really showed her true colours with the Insta outburst calling out Tanya on “cheating” knowing it would send a load of hate towards her.
It seemed spiteful, and sneaky as she knows that Tanya who has been very private and barely mentioned her breakup, won’t respond even to defend herself. Tanya must have been pregnant at the time too which can’t have been nice.
She’s made other little sly digs about her eg about Martha as if something was Tanya’s fault then Jim’s sister confirms she’s fine months later.
im not a massive Tanya fan but Sarah and Jim 100% come across as petty bullies in all of this
I just don’t get a warm or friendly vibe from Sarah and the social media “reveal” of someone else’s private relationship matters from years ago seemed immature at best and intentionally cruel at worst knowing what impact it would have.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Jim totally knows what he's doing with the sage comment. He's a narcissist (sorry to armchair diagnose him but, come on. He is). Narcissists live for attention and think the world revolves around them, so of course he'd make everything, even his ex-wife's birth, about him.

I will say I don't think Jim is obsessed with Tanya as such. He's obsessed with a time in which he thinks he was perceived as more successful. I 100% agree that like @ah659 said, he was never the main attraction. But there was a point in the early 2010s where he achieved his "peak". It's not about him missing Tanya, it's about *him*. It always is. Same with still being salty about the divorce. He doesn't care that he's no longer with Tanya, partners for narcissists are just placeholders, there to reflect on them. He cares about the fact that the general agreement, which he has fueled, is that she cheated on him and dumped him. So it reflects poorly *on him*. He cant' help to also want the sympathy from being the aggrieved party, though.

He'd do well to go to therapy. The Chapmans have alluded to how abusive their father was and how there are many emotional wounds from their childhood. If he doesn't want to duck up Margot and ruin his relationship with Sarah, he should just bite the bullet and go to therapy. He could even do a podcast about that, wasn't he studying psychology way back when?

Of course, he won't, cause he thinks he's perfect but... it'd be nice for the sake of Margot.
I cannot believe he hasn't been to therapy, i remember he did a documentary about abusive relationships (I think on bb3 or something) years ago about his dad, I am kind of shocked no one has made him go, growing up with an abusive parent is hugely damaging.
I agree about him being a narcissist totally but I also wonder if he is doing this Sage thing (for example) just to create a bit of drama and therefore engagement? He comes across as very calculating, no way in hell he accidentally used a capital letter for sage. I am not sure if I feel bad for Sarah for being naive or I think they are both as bad as each other, but I feel awful for poor Margot. My hope is that the UK finally introduces some kind of laws about children being exploited by parents on social media and she is able to live a normal life

Reactions: 14
I cannot believe he hasn't been to therapy, i remember he did a documentary about abusive relationships (I think on bb3 or something) years ago about his dad, I am kind of shocked no one has made him go, growing up with an abusive parent is hugely damaging.
I agree about him being a narcissist totally but I also wonder if he is doing this Sage thing (for example) just to create a bit of drama and therefore engagement? He comes across as very calculating, no way in hell he accidentally used a capital letter for sage. I am not sure if I feel bad for Sarah for being naive or I think they are both as bad as each other, but I feel awful for poor Margot. My hope is that the UK finally introduces some kind of laws about children being exploited by parents on social media and she is able to live a normal life
Oh absolutely. He knows what he's doing, he knows this will make people talk/comment/send DMs like... is this about Tanya?

Reactions: 4
Someone deaf commented on yesterday’s reel asking about subtitles and he said he forgot (which is bad enough. Surely part of your job is to ensure your content’s accessible)
And now he just posted another with no subtitles less than 24 hrs later 🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.