Jill Dando Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The coat belonging to BG was found a year later even though they had a description of the attacker wearing a coat of similar description, why wasn't it recovered before they realised they didn't have any evidence?

If he had fired that gun there would be more than gun shot residue in the pocket even 12 months later. They would have been GS residue on the cuff or the arm and also most likely human matter/DNA on it. But nothing on it at all only a microscopic particle on the pocket. Come off it, it seems convenient.

Also, where is the evidence of where his gun/s came from the ammunition, silencer? If you are a legal registered gun owner you will have had to apply to the police force and be interviewed, have medical and criminal checks. He of course with his record would have been denied. You're not telling me that in all these years they have not been able to gather any intelligence about who his illegal supplier was.

I don't believe it was him, he's a wrong un definitely but professional hitman I can't see it.

Reactions: 13
Would whoever fired the shot not be covered in blood?
Which the witnesses would have noticed on the man rushing away in a blue Range Rover or standing at a bus stop

Reactions: 3
Could anyone make head or tail of why Jill paid that large sum to her ex boss/partner?
I couldn’t really make sense of the explanation he gave as to whether it was a loan or a gift, or why he needed it, when he went in to say that he had a very healthy bank balance.
Not saying I suspect him, but that part of the story didn’t make sense to me.
That confused me too. He went to great lengths to say he couldn’t raise enough to get a mortgage but then said he had a healthy bank balance and didn’t need it?! I wondered if they’d invested in the property together and she was buying out his share?
---
Was it definitely a silencer that was used? Or was it that the gun was pressed so tightly to her head that it effectively became a silencer? I know nothing about guns but can a replica be fitted with a silencer?
BBC documentary says no silencer and the marks on the cartridge may have meant that it was tampered with to remove some of the gunpowder to deaden the sound (may have that all wrong but that was what I think they said)
---
Finished watching this the other day and have a few thoughts about it:
- I don’t think BG was responsible. I don’t think he has the mental capacity to plan and carry out the murder. He wouldn’t have been able to stand and wait for hours on the off chance that Jill would have been coming home that day.
- Also where would he have got access to a gun and possibly a silencer? No one heard a gunshot in the street that day.
- the evidence linking to the murder was weak. He would have been covered in gunshot residue and if his house is anything to go by, I don’t think he was big on personal hygiene.
- His previous convictions are horrific but Jill was not sexually assaulted. Her murder didn’t appear to have a sexual angle to it. She was executed in cold blood, there was no frenzied attack or anything of that nature.
- I am more inclined to think it was targeted hit because of the cold, calculated nature of the murder. She was shot in the back of the head. I don’t know who or why. But I think it was an organised hit carried out by a professional due to the way in which she was murdered and the fact that no one was caught.

that’s my few thoughts. Thought the documentary was interesting but didn’t really provide anything new.
We know BG had a gun though and one similar to the one that was used. It’s in the photo of him that he claims is not him
---
Was it definitely a silencer that was used? Or was it that the gun was pressed so tightly to her head that it effectively became a silencer? I know nothing about guns but can a replica be fitted with a silencer?
The BBC documentary claims that it is unlikely that a silencer was used

Reactions: 1
A single shot to the head leaving behind no trace of themselves. I don't think BG is capable.

Also the fact she was hardly ever there, how did they know she would be there at that time? Surely someone she knows?

Reactions: 10
Doesn't mean he couldn't of been involved paid someone else though 🤷
What would his motive be? They were happy and due to get married in 6 week’s time. He was also Surgeon/Gynaecologist to the Queen’s household, so surely he would have been thoroughly investigated!

Reactions: 8
What would his motive be? They were happy and due to get married in 6 week’s time. He was also Surgeon/Gynaecologist to the Queen’s household, so surely he would have been thoroughly investigated!
Like I said further up nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors they might not have been happy something might of been going on between them that nobody else knew about

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The current partner clearly wanted no part of this netflix special, but the ex came across poorly, as did the agent. Both coming over more poorly than George - Who himself is a right piece of tit.

Reactions: 11
No silencer was used and yes, it was so tightly pressed in that moment that the head acted as "silencer". Nonetheless, witnesses had heard the gun.
If I remember correctly it was said that silencers are generally rarely used and widely used and known of through films.

No silencer was used and yes, it was so tightly pressed in that moment that the head acted as "silencer". Nonetheless, witnesses had heard the gun.
If I remember correctly it was said that silencers are generally rarely used and widely used and known of through films.
Thanks. Makes it look less professional then. It was such a different world. Now there would be evidence from ring doorbells and dashcams and much more cctv and it’s harder to see how someone could just vanish in that way.

Reactions: 10
Thanks. Makes it look less professional then. It was such a different world. Now there would be evidence from ring doorbells and dashcams and much more cctv and it’s harder to see how someone could just vanish in that way.
That’s so true.
But then it brings me back to the fact that someone must have known what her plans were on that day?
Or been very patient and very good at hiding from any passers by whilst they hung around in the Hope Jill would come home at some point.
Unless it was just a random and opportunistic crime.

Reactions: 5
How do you know a silencer wasn't used?

Silencers and moderators are common place in the gun world.

**Professional and hobby

Reactions: 2
That’s so true.
But then it brings me back to the fact that someone must have known what her plans were on that day?
Or been very patient and very good at hiding from any passers by whilst they hung around in the Hope Jill would come home at some point.
Unless it was just a random and opportunistic crime.
This is the trouble with the whole case - it doesn’t make any sense. Even Jill didn’t know when she woke up that morning she was going to Gowen Avenue that day so how could anyone has just guessed? I know she spoke to her agent who directed her there to collect some faxes but it was my understanding that was quite shortly before she arrived so not a lot of time to inform a gunman to get there.

So you are left with it being a completely random attack, someone just woke up that morning grabbed their gun and decided to shoot the first person they saw. Jill was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could just have easily been anyone on that street that morning. But then would someone just carry out a crime like that once? If you get away with it once would you not think yourself invincible and do it again?

So then we are back to thinking it was Jill intentionally but for what motive and by who? You can drive yourself crazy going round in circles

Reactions: 9
I did not like the ex one bit. A controlling man who had lost control.

Reactions: 12
The ex boss/boyfriend is an absolutely odious, misogynistic prick of a man.

Still feel it is as clear as mud.

Reactions: 8
The disdain for ex boss, and the relationship, was coming off Jennie B in waves.
He seemed an absolutely awful man,

Reactions: 11
I don’t believe it was BG purely because as PP have said he’d have had to be there for hours waiting and I reckon loads of people would have said early on “oh I saw a guy hanging around outside there for hours”.

And while he’s definitely a massive wrong one it doesn’t fit his previous crimes at all, to go from sexual offences to just executing someone. I think the police needed someone to nail for it and he was a convenient local creep with the added “bonus” of criminal events in his past. Just like that landlord they tried to fit up for murdering a tenant and it turned out it wasn’t him.

Reactions: 13