Jesy Nelson #5 She's lost the support of the nation, due to cultural appropriation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agre, but also don’t understand why you’d humour her by hiring studio time for 6 more months, pay Will.I.Am as a producer etc. So i wonder if Jesy is actually paying for some/all of that herself, trying to save face?
That's a good point. Perhaps it's a 360 deal and the label are banking on Jesy getting some endorsement deals and making their money back by taking a cut of those. But I can just feel all the momentum drained from her solo career as soon as Boyz got such a terrible response, and I'd imagine people working at the label can sense that too.

Reactions: 3
I'm wondering if they're going to try and focus on making her big in the US rather than the UK. She's not well known in the US so they could market her as a new artist, she's lost too much support here in the UK.

Reactions: 2
The problem is that she wants to make (her interpretation of) R&B music and she’s never gonna appeal to the people who are into that

Reactions: 5
I agre, but also don’t understand why you’d humour her by hiring studio time for 6 more months, pay Will.I.Am as a producer etc. So i wonder if Jesy is actually paying for some/all of that herself, trying to save face?
I could be wrong but I think there were rumors that she paid for the Boyz music video and the collab with Nicki.

It is all very bizarre I agree . I can imagine her being someone who will end up bankrupt and it will turn out she was paying for her stay in LA, all this designer gear and all the studio time herself 😭

I could be wrong but I think there were rumors that she paid for the Boyz music video and the collab with Nicki.
I can imagine this being true! She seems so deluded she thinks she’s bigger than she is and imagines herself being the next Beyoncé 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The only other thing that could happen is that this new music is actually.....good lol. You never know. I used to love Jesy and feel sorry for her and things change so...🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I don't support her any more as I think she's treated the other girls like tit but if the music she releases is good then it's good. I wouldn't pretend to dislike her music just because I don't like her. I found Boyz cringe because any 30 year old woman singing about liking bad boyz is cringe.

Reactions: 18
I don't support her any more as I think she's treated the other girls like tit but if the music she releases is good then it's good. I wouldn't pretend to dislike her music just because I don't like her. I found Boyz cringe because any 30 year old woman singing about liking bad boyz is cringe.
What are the chances of her having much better material in her locker if at one point, Boyz was the standout choice to launch her solo career? It’s not impossible (especially if she gets someone decent in to write and produce) but I’d be very surprised.

Reactions: 7
I think she'll be bankrupt in the future too. I hope she's invested wisely because there won't be a viable music career that's for sure.

Reactions: 7
I think she'll be bankrupt in the future too. I hope she's invested wisely because there won't be a viable music career that's for sure.
The other 3 all started new businesses while in the band and Jesy did nothing that she talked about so unless she can resell her designer bags in the future she’s going to be pretty stuck.

What are the chances of her having much better material in her locker if at one point, Boyz was the standout choice to launch her solo career? It’s not impossible (especially if she gets someone decent in to write and produce) but I’d be very surprised.
they really thought boyz was going to be that witch having the diddy sample and getting Nicki on the track except it all blew up in her face.
What she needs (and most artists these days) is to release a song that can go viral on tiktok otherwise you might not bother at this point it feels like

Reactions: 6
I think she and/or the label are holding back the second single because they know it will flop. Boyz wasn't a hit but it got a lot of (negative) attention. This new song will sink without a trace. The label probably know this and want to delay it happening for as long as possible because after there will be a lot of finger pointing for who made the expensive mistake of signing her.
I still wonder if it's a case of the right time for free marketing having passed, so needing to wait for the next round.

With Boyz and its surrounding situation Jesy wasted a lot of very well planned and timed marketing - she had a lot of remaining good will from her documentary and using similar wording in her announcement of leaving LM, had the momentum and interest factor of being the first of the girls to go solo, and they timed it close to but not in direct competition with Between Us - timed well to use LM to boost Jesy in the tabloid media without risking the PR drop of being outsold by them.
Between blackfishing, managing to bungle the "Leigh Anne attacks Jesy" headline they had handed to them, the song not being saved by two high-profile samples/cameos, and Jesy making basically no effort to promote it, a well planned marketing campaign was squandered.

It seems like Jesy got used to having a built in audience and being able to opt out of promoting her music because the other girls stepped in whenever Jesy wasn't feeling up to it. She either needs to learn to face the criticism and actually work to promote her music, or give up. All the expensive stunts in the world from her record company and management can't overcome the talent not being willing to do their part.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think your comment is 100% spot on. She’s too used to having the rest of her group (and behind the scenes team that she was so quick to criticise) pick up the slack for all the work and required effort she drops. I don’t doubt that she’s had it really rough with her mental health at times, but she also often comes across as an entitled brat with a really selfish attitude

Reactions: 8
It seems like Jesy got used to having a built in audience and being able to opt out of promoting her music because the other girls stepped in whenever Jesy wasn't feeling up to it. She either needs to learn to face the criticism and actually work to promote her music, or give up. All the expensive stunts in the world from her record company and management can't overcome the talent not being willing to do their part.
Spot on. I don’t think she realised the level of support she had in Little Mix where each girl was able to have an off day because the other three could step in and cover. I don’t think she was prepared for this when she went solo, or she simply didn’t realise how much work it would be just doing it on her own. While she thought it was bad being in the group, there were three other girls to shoulder the criticism and support when needed. I think Jesy was too self involved to see the support she had.

Reactions: 12
Obvious to say but I think all the incessant posing and pouting on IG has had a repellent & reverse effect. After all who wants to see this stuff only pervs & desperate sycophants.
Like it or not, the Daily Mail has a massive readership and the reposted IG, blow up doll and fly catching open mouthed pictures, have gone towards giving her a joke reputation.

Reactions: 8
If she can’t handle the fame and all the horrible tit that comes with it then she should step OUT of the spotlight! Nothing in this life is by force and if it’s making you suicidal or seriously depressed then LEAVE it! All that money and you stick around the things that cause you pain seems to be very unnecessary. Buy a normal priced house and live as normal a life as you can. She comes across as quite entitled tbh.

Reactions: 17
If she can’t handle the fame and all the horrible tit that comes with it then she should step OUT of the spotlight! Nothing in this life is by force and if it’s making you suicidal or seriously depressed then LEAVE it! All that money and you stick around the things that cause you pain seems to be very unnecessary. Buy a normal priced house and live as normal a life as you can. She comes across as quite entitled tbh.
I don’t really know how best to say this so apologies if it comes across wrong but I feel that putting herself through something that makes her feel suidical/depressed is a form of self harm. Like it hurts her but she can’t help but keep hurting herself by continuing to do so. It’s sad really and I agree that to properly heal from all the damage done through previous years, she needs to step down and live a ‘normal’ life away from the spot light. It’s an addiction for her and like any addiction, she needs to remove it all from her life.

why whats happened?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.