Jessy Nelson - Odd One Out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm.sorry I dont agree with this doco at all. She has basically said fix yourself and loose weight and you'll be happy again.

I'd have more praise IF she accepted who she was and basically said duck you to the trolls. I wont allow my kids to watch this
I agree 100 percent.

Reactions: 3
I'm.sorry I dont agree with this doco at all. She has basically said fix yourself and loose weight and you'll be happy again.

I'd have more praise IF she accepted who she was and basically said duck you to the trolls. I wont allow my kids to watch this
What? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? She was happy to accept herself until the trolls pushed her to breaking point. She's so damaged by the abuse that she's clearly in a mindset where she feels that to be happy she has to lose weight. To top it off, the UK media even got in on the act. She was treated appallingly and it's no wonder she ended up trying to kill herself.

I actually can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread. YOU try receiving personal abuse about your appearance and casually just saying 'duck you' whilst living in the public eye.

Reactions: 2
What? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? She was happy to accept herself until the trolls pushed her to breaking point. She's so damaged by the abuse that she's clearly in a mindset where she feels that to be happy she has to lose weight. To top it off, the UK media even got in on the act. She was treated appallingly and it's no wonder she ended up trying to kill herself.

I actually can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread. YOU try receiving personal abuse about your appearance and casually just saying 'duck you' whilst living in the public eye.
I understand what you both are saying. But Jessie probably stems further than social media. She needs to address that before anything else.

Social media can be used how you want to as well. We are not backseat passengers throughout, we can be the driver. Meaning you can block people, words, curate an Instagram feed of people who lift and inspire you etc. HOWEVER, if you haven't dealt with the demons in your head. You won't resolve anything.

I hope Jessie is still going to therapy, finding ways to love herself without Instagram, filters, surgery or a boyfriend. Because those "happy fillers" are quick fixes, you need to be OK with yourself and think duck it, I'm great then social media becomes your passenger

• Heart
Reactions: 4

It is absolutely horrendous what she endured but I think she still needs a lot of therapy to overcome how she feels about herself and to heal from her experience. I feel they were premature in making the documentary because to me,it’s as if she accepts that what was said was true so she’s had to change when it’s the people who said those vile things that need to be fixed.
I wholeheartedly understand why she did that (lost weight/has clearly had her lips done) but I don’t think it’s the best message to deliver to young people who may be watching.

Reactions: 7

Actually I have been and still get stares. I have a conconclear implant hearing aid. Throughout growing up, I had stupid kids say stuff, stare, point etc.. difference is I cant fix this with plastic surgery I have accepted that's how I am and I do not focus on the negative what so ever, and I in fact am glad I'm deaf as everything worked out for a reason. It also made me see that you do learn with age, that everyone hates something avlut themselves and everyone gets judged, and that's ok, life isnt perfect. But its HOW YOU as a person deal with it. Shes chosen to fix it with plastic surgery, but shes not taught herself to cope with negativity. It will never stop.

Reactions: 5
It is absolutely horrendous what she endured but I think she still needs a lot of therapy to overcome how she feels about herself and to heal from her experience. I feel they were premature in making the documentary because to me,it’s as if she accepts that what was said was true so she’s had to change when it’s the people who said those vile things that need to be fixed.
I wholeheartedly understand why she did that (lost weight/has clearly had her lips done) but I don’t think it’s the best message to deliver to young people who may be watching.
Yes the doc was premature. I hope they revisit Jessie when shes in a much better space

Reactions: 2
Yes the doc was premature. I hope they revisit Jessie when shes in a much better space
I personally believe this goes far back before she even hit fame. I know her brother was a drug dealer, and got arrested just after she got famous. So to me, there are issues within the family. This was a jesy lead doco, so shes only going to reveal as much as she wants. Plus talking about trolls, always gets good publicity. I am not denying she had a lot of hate, people are more aware now about online bullying compare to back then. But, I'd rather see her speak out before she felt thay surgery was the answer. It makes me sad, that people who are genuinely bullied every day, feel they have no hope because they cant do a quick fix. It must be an awful situation. They must feel they have no hope to move forward and ever be happy?

I personally believe this goes far back before she even hit fame
There is an article online from when Little Mix were on the Xfactor talking about her dad being in prison when she was younger. It also says her mum talked about her being bullied at school and online before fame. I imagine this must have had some affect on her to begin with and the online trolling took it to another level.

Reactions: 1

Her issues pre date her time on the xfactor and are not caused by trolls.

She’s not mentally or emotionally able to cope with the negative side of being in the public eye. She was/is actively seeking out the negative comments online - she says so herself, her mum says the same.

I’m in no way trying to justify anyone being bullied online but her problems are not due to this.

The program did not address any real issues. Instead we see a young woman who is deeply troubled, who has had major plastic surgery and a host of cosmetic procedures done and is now claiming that she’s OK because the person in the mirror looks different to the one before.

I’m sorry but this was not an expose on online trolling, it was more like a justification of the use of plastic surgery.

“Have you got deep rooted mental health issues? Are you unhappy with how you look? Come and have a crap load of bad plastic surgery and we will make you look like a cartoon character! Then you will be fixed! Hooray for lip filler and wigs!”

I actually think it was a really irresponsible piece of television.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Her issues pre date her time on the xfactor and are not caused by trolls.

She’s not mentally or emotionally able to cope with the negative side of being in the public eye. She was/is actively seeking out the negative comments online - she says so herself, her mum says the same.

I’m in no way trying to justify anyone being bullied online but her problems are not due to this.

The program did not address any real issues. Instead we see a young woman who is deeply troubled, who has had major plastic surgery and a host of cosmetic procedures done and is now claiming that she’s OK because the person in the mirror looks different to the one before.

I’m sorry but this was not an expose on online trolling, it was more like a justification of the use of plastic surgery.

“Have you got deep rooted mental health issues? Are you unhappy with how you look? Come and have a crap load of bad plastic surgery and we will make you look like a cartoon character! Then you will be fixed! Hooray for lip filler and wigs!”

I actually think it was a really irresponsible piece of television.
This is excarly my point. It was the most awful piece produced I've ever seen

I keep seeing people say she has had plastic surgery. I'm sorry, what? She has only had lip fillers and even then I can't be sure as draws them on so heavily.

I keep seeing people say she has had plastic surgery. I'm sorry, what? She has only had lip fillers and even then I can't be sure as draws them on so heavily.
Seriously?
I like Jesy and do feel sorry for the bullying she gets but there’s no way she’s had no work done. Look at her before and afters

Seriously?
I like Jesy and do feel sorry for the bullying she gets but there’s no way she’s had no work done. Look at her before and afters
I have and she has had lip fillers and weight loss and that's it? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Look at photos without all the makeup.

I would genuinely like to know what work she has had done to her body supposedly?

I have and she has had lip fillers and weight loss and that's it? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Look at photos without all the makeup.

I would genuinely like to know what work she has had done to her body supposedly?
Well she’s definitely had her lips done despite you saying she maybe just draws them on.

also, this clinic that she’s been in the papers as going to follows her on Instagram. Bit of a coincidence. Frankly Idon’t care, if she wants stuff done and has the money to do so good on her. But let’s not pretend she’s 100%done nothing.

Attachments

Lip fillers
Cheek filler
Jaw surgery
Liposuction

Those are the obvious ones.
Lip fillers I will agree with. I don't see where in the hell she would have had time to recover from lipo and jaw surgery. She has clearly lost weight as it has gone from her entire body, not just one area. I also hope you realise that losing weight can make your jaw more defined?

Well she’s definitely had her lips done despite you saying she maybe just draws them on.

also, this clinic that she’s been in the papers as going to follows her on Instagram. Bit of a coincidence. Frankly Idon’t care, if she wants stuff done and has the money to do so good on her. But let’s not pretend she’s 100%done nothing.
Yeah I would say she has had her lips done. I worded that poorly. I don't think she has as much in her lips as it looks like, due to her overlining. If you google the pics without makeup her lips are about half the size of what they look like on her insta but obviously still bigger than x factor days. Also I honestly don't see what's wrong with getting a bit of lip filler if it boosts her, honestly not sure why doesn't get more so she can stop with the ridiculous looking overlining.

Lip fillers I will agree with. I don't see where in the hell she would have had time to recover from lipo and jaw surgery. She has clearly lost weight as it has gone from her entire body, not just one area. I also hope you realise that losing weight can make your jaw more defined?

Flipping heck! I’m sure in the last 8 years the girl has had a few weeks off to recover from surgery- Obviously I don’t know her schedule so I can’t say when she’s had stuff done but I think you are being a bit naive if you really don’t think she’s been under the knife.

She looks bloody awful either way. Whatever she’s had done or whatever she’s doing (lip filler/lip liner etc) it’s doing nothing for her.

Yeah I would say she has had her lips done. I worded that poorly. I don't think she has as much in her lips as it looks like, due to her overlining. If you google the pics without makeup her lips are about half the size of what they look like on her insta but obviously still bigger than x factor days. Also I honestly don't see what's wrong with getting a bit of lip filler if it boosts her, honestly not sure why doesn't get more so she can stop with the ridiculous looking overlining.
As I said, I've no problem with anyone getting stuff done, it doesn't affect me and each to their own - was just pointing out that she's not 100% natural

She's definitely had more than just lip fillers, her cheek bones and the structure of her face in general is very different and defined even with weight loss. I don't think she's lost loads of weight, she wasn't particularly big to begin with

Reactions: 4