Jessy Nelson - Odd One Out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts?

Personally I’ve balled my eyes out at this programme tonight. I get that this is a gossip forum & every single person is entitled to their own opinion but sometimes some commenters on here do get personal (including me yesterday talking about 2SS) and that’s not ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Thoughts?

Personally I’ve balled my eyes out at this programme tonight. I get that this is a gossip forum & every single person is entitled to their own opinion but sometimes some commenters on here do get personal (including me yesterday talking about 2SS) and that’s not ok.
There’s a difference tho, we are not seeking people out and bombarding them with absolutely vile messages or even saying anything actually to them. If they don’t come looking they won’t see it, I look at this site more like gossiping with friends, sometimes there’s one person who takes it way too far but mostly people are just gossiping x

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There’s a difference tho, we are not seeking people out and bombarding them with absolutely vile messages or even saying anything actually to them. If they don’t come looking they won’t see it, I look at this site more like gossiping with friends, sometimes there’s one person who takes it way too far but mostly people are just gossiping x
This, and we're talking about people that insist on broadcasting every part of their private life to make easy money. The celeb threads on here are mostly dead as they keep their private life private and have a skill or craft beyond taking selfies or recording basic vlogs.

That said I haven't watched this show, I think the obvious editing they did in the "touch" video was terrible with the walls bending all over the place. Can't believe whoever was in charge of that got away with it and didn't ever release an unedited version.

Reactions: 23
It was a well made documentary but already seen as an opportunity for Instagrammers to jump on the bandwagon and come out with their Me Too stories about how they are being trolled. duck right off.

Reactions: 46
The abuse she received is horrible and I do feel for her. But influencers now saying it's the hardest thing they've ever watched. Oh come on, get a grip. Have they not seen the news after a tsunami? Famin? Disease outbreak? Have some perspective. I like Jesy and wish her all the best but 'hardest thing I've ever watched'? No where near!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It was a well made documentary but already seen as an opportunity for Instagrammers to jump on the bandwagon and come out with their Me Too stories about how they are being trolled. duck right off.
Harry pickard has jumped on this, when he uses his followers to gang up on people who have a different opinion on his page. He is a troll.

Reactions: 11
What some are failing to see is the difference between trolling, bullying and criticism.

(Soz for the length)

A lot of commenters on here are simply voicing their frustrations and/or concerns about PUBLIC personas/profiles. MOST of which are profiting in some way or another from US. THE PUBLIC.

Take the Mrs Hinch thread for example, I’ve seen COUNTLESS women belittle themselves, beat themselves up and be mentally hurt by what content Mrs Hinch puts out. Hell, some are commenting purely to be seen and listened to by us because they feel so lost!

The constant ads, gifts, free tit, press trips, invites and codes plus whatever else people are PUSHING is just too much for people to handle. The influencers or whatever you want to describe them as claim to have perfect lives, expensive cars, designer bags, immaculate homes and much more.

Plus, the SW/weight loss community seem to have the answer to every over weight persons dream diet don’t they? Vulnerable people with eating disorders, disordered eating and mental health struggles are being lied to every single day!

A site of this nature gives people A VOICE.
A VOICE to air their mental struggles, their concerns and call people on their bullshit where they will be seen and heard.

Yes, we see some comments that cross a line and the majority of those will be called out and/or deleted. We are not monsters or “trolls” in the majority.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
The abuse she received is horrible and I do feel for her. But influencers now saying it's the hardest thing they've ever watched. Oh come on, get a grip. Have they not seen the news after a tsunami? Famin? Disease outbreak? Have some perspective. I like Jesy and wish her all the best but 'hardest thing I've ever watched'? No where near!
This is relatable for them though, they've all been through the same sort of thing haven't they 😬🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes, we see some comments that cross a line and the majority of those will be called out and/or deleted.
Anything hateful, abusive, threatening or that gives away privacy will be deleted from this site and the member removed. It's worlds apart from the people that actually target someone to show up in their feed.

Gossip has existed long before paper is invented and that's what tattle is.

Shame on the influencers jumping on this bandwagon because someone didn't like their scrunchy or asked if they paid for something.

EDIT, just checked out the touch video and the effects to bend the walls and slim her are so obvious, especially from 42 seconds. Shocking they still try to pretend it's an optical illusion.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
For balance....

Jesy Nelson is someone who has obviously got deep rooted mental health issues and body image issues that stem back to long before her time on x-factor.
her mum says it’s as if she’s addicted to reading what is being said about her. That’s it, right there. I’m not condoning any of the abuse she’s received but you have to look at it objectively- all of her band mates will have had abuse levelled at them, it’s more a question of how you choose to deal with it.

Her boyfriend states that he assumed she “just woke up looking like that” (full face of make up on) and didn’t realise she was getting up early to put it all on - I’m sorry, what the duck? Is he thick? He honestly believes a real human being wakes up looking like that? What on Earth?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Those Mrs meldrums and the like who are jumping on this it’s quite comical . They seem to confuse trolling with having an opinion on public figures . Those same people seem to have no trouble publicly commenting on Love Island contestants or Boris Johnson etc. They just don’t want to b called out on their awful behaviour .

Reactions: 28
On iPlayer for anyone who missed it.
I know its a bit controversial posting about it on this site but would be interested to hear what others thought. I believe she was incredibly brave to open up.

The part with the family of the teenager who killed herself after online bullying was incredibly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It was a shame yeah but the other poster was right I think she has a bit of a struggle dealing with things like that and she has body diamorphia etc.

Hounding her DMs to tell her she looks deformed and should die are so wrong.

However.....things like this just add to fat hate speech and I'm not for it.

She was crying her eyes out cz she lost a load of weight and was still called fat, like boo hoo someones called me fat can we make a documentary about how wrong that is and everyone feel sorry for me we shouldn't be calling people fat 🙄🙄. The body positivity movement is trying to dismantle the negativity around the use of the word fat and how we see fat people and this programme showed we are no where near that happening. Jesy was acting like being fat and called fat is the worst thing that could happen as a chubber this kind of tit makes me squirm.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Her story is so sad, and it’s awful that she has obviously had a lot of cosmetic work done to change herself because of it. I do hope thought that young girls don’t look up think cosmetic work and surgery is the answer

Reactions: 16
Mm yes I felt awfully sorry for her but the resorting to obvious surgery was not a particularly hopeful message and one that was not addressed even in passing. I'm an old fogey but really was there never even an option to stay off social media? Easy to say I know.

Reactions: 17
I think she used to look striking, now just looks like the rest of them from Geordie Shore. So young to have had so much cosmetic surgery. I don't think this will really fix her issues.

Reactions: 13
I worry about how the documentary will be portrayed to a younger audience. Jesy’s intended message was “you can make yourself happy again” however if I was 13 and experiencing online bullying, I would interpret solution as being cosmetic enhancements and dramatic weight loss.

She was brutally honest though and should be commended for her personal bravery. Hearing her refer to “the old Jesy” in third person was sad. The old Jesy won the x-factor as someone genuinely talented with a warm personality, she should feel so proud.

• Heart
Sounds like a toxic documentary quite honestly with a terrible message.
The truth is with the internet celebrities will get some nasty messages. You need to have a hard shell to be a public figure. You shouldn't need to be, but it's always been like this.
Maybe the X factor should have screened contestants more like they do for big brother and reject her if she would have issues dealing with everything fame entails.