Jessy Nelson - Odd One Out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Giving the fact they have a new song and a new tv show to promote and just announced the release date for the their new album. I’m definitely convinced the panic attack was all set up for
column inches. Most of the articles I’ve read about it mention the new tv show starts this week or their new song is out now.

Reactions: 5
In their new video she is the only one and repeat the only one whilst they are dressed as mermaids wearing no top!!!! She is covering her chest with her hair only 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Again the one claiming to be so full of anxiety and suffer panic attacks feels confident enough though to have millions of people watch a video with a few strands of hair covering her nips!!!!

Reactions: 9
In their new video she is the only one and repeat the only one whilst they are dressed as mermaids wearing no top!!!! She is covering her chest with her hair only 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Again the one claiming to be so full of anxiety and suffer panic attacks feels confident enough though to have millions of people watch a video with a few strands of hair covering her nips!!!!
I detest this attention-seeking twit.

She has overplayed the sympathy card now.

Reactions: 12
I sort of relate to Jesy in the sense that she has low self esteem and anxiety but still wears skimpy outfits etc. When I think I look good I’ll wear more daring outfits and feel good about myself but if I’m having an ugly moment I’ll hide myself away because the thought of anyone seeing me makes me feel physically sick. However, I don’t have social media or take selfies or pics in general because 1. I know it’s not healthy for me and 2. It means I can be present in the moment and not obsess over getting the perfect picture. That’s where I lose sympathy for Jesy. She constantly posts half naked pics or is overly sexual in LM videos (eye bleeping the camera and finger biting :sick:) for validation but it’s a double edged sword. To get the validation she craves it’s means she also leaves herself open to criticism/trolling. She knows this but chooses to keep playing the game.

Reactions: 10
It was a shame yeah but the other poster was right I think she has a bit of a struggle dealing with things like that and she has body diamorphia etc.

Hounding her DMs to tell her she looks deformed and should die are so wrong.

However.....things like this just add to fat hate speech and I'm not for it.

She was crying her eyes out cz she lost a load of weight and was still called fat, like boo hoo someones called me fat can we make a documentary about how wrong that is and everyone feel sorry for me we shouldn't be calling people fat 🙄🙄. The body positivity movement is trying to dismantle the negativity around the use of the word fat and how we see fat people and this programme showed we are no where near that happening. Jesy was acting like being fat and called fat is the worst thing that could happen as a chubber this kind of tit makes me squirm.
Thank you👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Especially as there was a girl there who was larger than her and i’m pretty sure ( i know as a fellow chubsy ) she would of heard it all and worse and then Jesy is just sitting there talking & acting like being fat is the worst thing. Ugh.

I feel like Jesy replaced one addiction for another, quite similar to what happens when you’ve got people recovering from eating disorders that then massively get into fitspo and act like they’re cured :rolleyes:. Her addiction to fillers / surgery is evident, as is swapping her whole look from basic white girl to insta culture vulture “ baddie”.

I thought it was a good doc, however I felt it was quite “ woe for Jesy”.

Where is Jesy? Leaving the band? Covid? Any idea?
I’m wondering if it’s something mental health oriented

Reactions: 1
I guess I'm in the minority here but I do feel for her, and like her. I dislike her fashion sense and don't think its healthy for her to be getting fillers/extensions/tanning to the nines, but I can see why she feels the need to do it. I think with her Instagram, she probably just started posting photos like that because she had to be consistent with posting as 'promo' (as most artists are encouraged to), and thought, oh I look/feel good when posing this way and editing...but then she relied on it too much and felt the need to keep it up.

I do hope, if she is leaving (which I think would be the right thing for her if she's struggling), then she takes the time to just take a break from social media too. I think she needs it and hopefully, if/when she comes back, she'll chill with that sort of content and post stuff that feels more real/genuine.

Reactions: 3
I guess I'm in the minority here but I do feel for her, and like her. I dislike her fashion sense and don't think its healthy for her to be getting fillers/extensions/tanning to the nines, but I can see why she feels the need to do it. I think with her Instagram, she probably just started posting photos like that because she had to be consistent with posting as 'promo' (as most artists are encouraged to), and thought, oh I look/feel good when posing this way and editing...but then she relied on it too much and felt the need to keep it up.

I do hope, if she is leaving (which I think would be the right thing for her if she's struggling), then she takes the time to just take a break from social media too. I think she needs it and hopefully, if/when she comes back, she'll chill with that sort of content and post stuff that feels more real/genuine.
I do feel for her and I do like her, I think she’s got herself into a vicious cycle which she’s now finding it hard to break.

I still think she’s very insecure and the skimpy costumes are a front to show that she’s happy with how she looks where in reality she’s still insecure and craves the comments to make her feel good but unfortunately the comments aren’t always the nicest making her feel even worse.

Likewise with the tanning fillers etc I hope she’s doing it for herself but I think she’s doing it for the approval of other people, it’s hard to love yourself, or your true self when you get all this fake stuff done to yourself. I’ve got my lips done and it made me feel so much better about myself but i still don’t hate the old me, but I got it done because i didn’t like them rather than from hate.

Social media is just toxic because she may look amazing in her Instagram (full glam, edited) and she’ll feel good when she gets all the comments saying how nice she looks but as soon as she looks at herself in the mirror with no makeup she’ll get upset again because she doesn’t look like the Instagram photo.

I think she needs a break to be honest, she doesn’t seem happy and only seems to be staying on for the fame.

Hate being the one to say it, however apparently the break is very self inflicted and if it wasn’t a break she would have been out of the group.

Reactions: 3
Her addiction to fillers / surgery is evident, as is swapping her whole look from basic white girl to insta culture vulture “ baddie”.
I couldn't agree more, again I am probably in the minority.
She started out with the band on a platform of everyone is beautiful as they are, yet for the last few years she has been pontificating to youngsters while getting surgery/fillers after surgery/fillers.

On a human level I feel sorry for anyone going through something like that. She knew what she was signing up for, she can take the good times, the money and the fame, but she can't take a small portion of what someone less powerful than her takes on a daily basis

Reactions: 4
Hate being the one to say it, however apparently the break is very self inflicted and if it wasn’t a break she would have been out of the group.
In a 'take a break and sort yourself out or your sacked' kind of way? Any source or just a guess?

The problem with mental health is yes it can be serious, but it can also have implications for other people. It sometimes feels like mental health is now used to excuse away bad behaviour and people can't be touched. But what if their actions are having a knock on affect to those around them, what about others mental health, physical health or careers? People have to take responsibility for themselves, or if they are incapable then others have to step in.

Obviously we don't know what's happened and although I do feel sorry for jesy and the trolling is unacceptable, she clearly has many deep rooted issues and to some degree has not helped herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
controversial, but I wonder if management have a hand in it and I'll be like what Zayn did.
I.e he left which caused a stir and got everyone talking, and then the band broke up and they all had solo careers.

I don't agree with the abusive comments calling her the ugly one or the big one but most are not troll comments. The majority are pointing out digital tampering. When you digitally enhance your pics to make changes to the shape of your face, actual facial features and the size of your body that are in total contrast to pap pics then I think you are asking for trouble.

Reactions: 2
I agree. And it also goes against your body positivity message and sets unrealistic expectations and sends an unhealthy message to your fans

Reactions: 4