Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Belkinsboo

I’m a buyer in retail and can safely say it’s been a struggle getting anything into the country for the last 6/8mths. There are no containers available, even air freighting in is tricky and extremely expensive. When ITS say they’re working on a restock, they can only mean they’ve held back stock and they’ve sent someone to their warehouse to drag down a few more boxes for marketing purposes. No way could they get more stock into the country in a matter of weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Smoke_and_Mirrors

Chatty Member
I have no idea how jess has kept and increased her followers. She doesnt create any content. You can count on the fingers of one hand how many hauls she's done in last 3 months for example. And when she does a haul there's no styling. It's put the item on and then do the Bez from happy Mondays two steps forward and two steps black as you are talking and then pull the waistband out as much as you can and then announce you could have sized down when it clearly fits.

• Haha

larabrn

Ahh I feel bad because I take care of my teeth (I see my hygienist every 3 months who says my gums are healthy and I’m 9 weeks into Invisalign treatment so see my dentist every month atm!) and I think his teeth look *much nicer* than mine. If people think his look bad they must be horrified by mine!

• Heart

Kofi Annan

Just putting this in to the mix.....
I had a 4 year career break to be a stay at home mum to my 4 young children. That was 7 years ago and it has always been disected at every single interview I have had since.
Even with the response "I took 4 years off to solely raise my children" has raised eyebrows, it will be interesting when she needs to get a new job and she says "I was a full time instagrammer".

• Sad
  • Heart

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
It would be understandable if she was really good at doing the Instagram role ! She isn't!

Her skin is shocking.
Her makeup skills are limited and slap dash.
Her clothing hauls are hit and miss, she has limited and samey styling skills - adding a cheap black belt and jacket is not styling an outfit.

All the freebies she receives she literally just opens the box and rummages around in it - no showing off the products properly or any sign of her actually using what she gets sent to her.

I'm at a loss as to what it is she is actually going to be doing because at best her content is mediocre !

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Furnessian

VIP Member
I think the vast majority of people on this thread, myself included, actually like Jess and wish her well with going full-time influencing. However, she will have to do a lot better than the last few months, she’s really been dialling it in and a lot of it has been cringeworthy. This (and therefore us, her followers), are basically her sole source of income now and will expect her to up her game significantly. I expect initially we’ll see a lot more hauls of any old tat she can order and tons affiliate links now she is doing it for a living and needs every penny.

• Heart
What a time to go self-employed. Totally "unrelatable" now as many people are still being laid off as their jobs haven't recovered after covid. I can't help but feel it's a step to support staying in bed till after noon.

AllGreyEverything

Looks like I'm in the minority here but fuck it. If you think you can make a decent enough living out of it then go for it. When she moved to part time working she must have been testing the waters so it looks to me like she's done it the sensible way and wasn't just a snap decision.

BUT if this is her full time job now I will absolutely expect better content from her. Those boxes of shite won't cut it. Nor will the sweaty hauls. I expect them like back in the old days where she was clean/hair washed (or at least hid it better) and she actually styled the haul with different shoe options, bags etc. rather than just throwing the clothes on & telling you how stretchy they are. She has an opportunity now to start fresh. If she wants to make it great then she absolutely could but she will need to put in the effort.

Is the Essex thing another ITS thing at Stacey's new house maybe? Don't really know if she lives in Essex or not but they seem to be milking this range for all its worth.

Reactions: 22

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
😑😑😑😑 oh Jess - I feel like a few modelling gigs and she’s got some false confidence. She’s become even more unrelatable to me now, the affiliates, the links, the ads are going to increase ten fold

• Heart

Babybail93

VIP Member
Now she’s well on her way to being the next Donatella Versace or Vera Wang, she can treat herself to air con in that room. Stop the sweats

Maybe a bit of wonder web as well for them fucking trousers. Accident waiting to happen!

• Haha

grace28

Chatty Member
I think the vast majority of people on this thread, myself included, actually like Jess and wish her well with going full-time influencing. However, she will have to do a lot better than the last few months, she’s really been dialling it in and a lot of it has been cringeworthy. This (and therefore us, her followers), are basically her sole source of income now and will expect her to up her game significantly. I expect initially we’ll see a lot more hauls of any old tat she can order and tons affiliate links now she is doing it for a living and needs every penny.
I did like her until she started going stark raving when her followers called her out over her really poor behaviour. Does anyone remember shortgate, and then that really nasty pile on that Jess didn’t stop or call out .

She does sod all for her followers, she received 30 phone cases and gave none away.
- in fact I reckon she’s done maybe under 5 giveaways in five years! She complained publicly when she felt a brand had shortchanged her over a beauty calendar, she got given for free. She doesn’t have an opinion over much happening in the real world, which fair enough, but she keeps her real personality hidden into tiny snippets come out and it’s not always nice.

When your starting to sell yourself for a living, your clients are effectively your viewers. I don’t wish her well, I think she’s become greedy and started to believe her on hype and in a few months I guess we’ll see if it works out.

• Heart
  • Sick

JSquared

VIP Member
That tattoo on her foot is so crap 😂
I thought the smudged finger one was the worst but I was wrong! 😂

And taking a pot noodle with her? I’m guessing they didnt including dinner in her free stay - I’d I was ITS I’d be mortified she’s eating such utter crap the night before a photo shoot I was paying her for!
why does it matter what she eats before a photo shoot? They aren’t paying her to eat well!

• Heart

Marge Bouvier

Chatty Member
If Jess is going full time then she will need to up her game. Followers expect a different type of content once they know the ‘influencer’ is dedicating all of their time to Insta. It’s one thing letting shoddy content slide when you know they also have a day job but crappy hauls, sweaty close ups, 7 boring stories of you dancing while you boil an egg and generally being underprepared to discuss a product isn’t good enough when this is now your job.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

obviously....

VIP Member
As someone who has followed jess from the very beginning. (As well as what Laura loves etc)

Tonight I have turned off her stories. It's ridiculous the way she is going on, encouraging people to pretty much kiss her arse.

The whole platform is fake and full of people who just sell out. I thought jess would have stayed genuine but its clear she is now copying everyone else and yes she still hadn't mentioned sitting down to her messages (almost a week after promising). She clearly only "loves" her followers because she can make money, and get as many freebies as possible.

The genuine jess has long gone and now we are going to be left with constant ads, kiss arse videos, and a personality that she is putting on rather than being herself (you can tell by her responses and posts lately she is copying Stacey Solomon etc)

I used to enjoy her page and it was nice to follow someone who still lives a "normal" life and has this hobby as again instagram is NOT a career.

I knew hinch shouted her out for a reason and now it makes sense.

Fuck that shit

Instafamous1

VIP Member
I thought when the pandemic hit it became clear that ‘influencers’ are completely pointless and spend most of their time trying to shill gifted products to impressionable people (Callie Thorpe) I really thought it would spell the end of the full time influencer and highlighted how unstable that kind of career is.... I like Jess but what’s she playing at? Her content is crap, I don’t even know what her content actually is😂 she’s jacked in her job after a couple of modelling jobs which she’s only got as the token big girl.