Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wtf? Are they still together? Did he say this or did she? These women have such strange, disrespectful relationships.
I think he was genuinely trying to encourage her to step outside her comfort zone and thought she'd be good at stand-up (which he says she was) but that she didn't really enjoy it at all. I get the impression that he does regret encouraging her into it.

I think you have to be fairly thick-skinned and have a decent level of self belief to do stand-up, also it's not realistic to expect to be perfect when you first start out

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I thought she did incredibly well at stand up , tbf she kind of carried Alfie in their joint show - way more laughs from the crowd than he got !

Reactions: 6
Wtf? Are they still together? Did he say this or did she? These women have such strange, disrespectful relationships.
ugh who even is this dude? Bebe has been in a West End play and highly rated TV shows and movies, what has horatio done? Super disrespectful of him to talk about her like this (i assume on his podcast?)

Reactions: 2
I thought she did incredibly well at stand up , tbf she kind of carried Alfie in their joint show - way more laughs from the crowd than he got !
yeah the consensus was that she was good but she just didn't enjoy it 🤷‍♀️

ugh who even is this dude? Bebe has been in a West End play and highly rated TV shows and movies, what has horatio done? Super disrespectful of him to talk about her like this (i assume on his podcast?)
oooo the entitlement of the rich white straight man
wish they knew what the real world was like

apparently horatio 'forced' bebe into doing stand-up and she didn't enjoy it and has since quit, he said she didn't bomb she just couldn't cope with doing kinda average and he was concerned that she wouldn't have been able to cope with actually bombing, also the whole experience was awful for her and he thinks acting is 'easier' / much cushy than stand-up
alfie did the exact same to jessie when they did that 'roast' lol

Reactions: 4
Am I missing something? I dont see anything wrong with what Horatio said 😅 Like he said she was good but didn't enjoy it. The acting being 'easier' is a bit douchey but probably right tbf 🙃

Am I missing something? I dont see anything wrong with what Horatio said 😅 Like he said she was good but didn't enjoy it. The acting being 'easier' is a bit douchey but probably right tbf 🙃
Maybe it was from a supportive enough place but it’s not great to say acting is easier -Horatio wouldn’t be an authority on either discipline.

Bebe seems quite private about her processes and maybe it was agreed that he could talk about it but maybe not… I always find Jessie’s pushing of Bebe to put herself out there on social media etc kind of dismissive of Bebe’s instincts and this chat from Horatio seems a bit the same to me.

I think he meant it like more cushy, with acting they might send you a car, you get hair and make-up and generally treated well whereas with stand-up you're in dingy back rooms of pubs and it's not particularly glamorous. He did also go on to make a comparison between the kinds of people who do acting and the kinds of people who do comedy (his friends and bebe's actor friends) but didn't explicitly say anything specific 🤔

Last edited:
That’s because you actually have to be a likeable person and not alienate your audience to be successful in stand up comedy. Hence why Alfie has never and will never make it into the big leagues. He’s probably only still got any semblance of a career because of the association with Jessie and exposure she gives him. I honestly don’t think he’d still be with her otherwise, and he’s still managed to manipulate some sort of “deal” out of her whereby he doesn’t have to fully commit. You can see it in their body language and interactions how much she worships him and how disinterested he is by comparison. It makes me sad for her but even more sorry for those poor children. They are always the real victims of any kind of dysfunctional relationship.

That’s because you actually have to be a likeable person and not alienate your audience to be successful in stand up comedy. Hence why Alfie has never and will never make it into the big leagues. He’s probably only still got any semblance of a career because of the association with Jessie and exposure she gives him. I honestly don’t think he’d still be with her otherwise, and he’s still managed to manipulate some sort of “deal” out of her whereby he doesn’t have to fully commit. You can see it in their body language and interactions how much she worships him and how disinterested he is by comparison. It makes me sad for her but even more sorry for those poor children. They are always the real victims of any kind of dysfunctional relationship.
This plus don’t forget having a mother who was in the incredibly successful “Dead Ringers” may also be helping keep his “career” afloat. Connections, innit?

Reactions: 3
That’s because you actually have to be a likeable person and not alienate your audience to be successful in stand up comedy. Hence why Alfie has never and will never make it into the big
I think he fancies himself as more of a Stewart Lee

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think he fancies himself as more of a Stewart Lee
He could never. Lee doesn’t use his family for material for a start but also isn’t just shite.

Ooh look, we need a new thread title! I think we need to incorporate @amsh ‘s Poundland Russel Brand 😆

Reactions: 7
He could never. Lee doesn’t use his family for material for a start but also isn’t just shite.

Ooh look, we need a new thread title! I think we need to incorporate @amsh ‘s Poundland Russel Brand 😆
Oh god I’ve started something here 😂
It gets more problematic by the day. Just listened to her latest pod and this is an actual quote: “I felt very strongly that they should have his surname to add another incentive for Alfie not to leave us.” She then tried to play this off as a joke, but instantly backtracked and literally said “it is also very true and I think has worked.” Seriously… what?!
She is all but blatantly admitting that she’s trapped him with all these kids and has used every tactic in the book, other than genuine love for each other and an actual desire to have children, to keep him. Ultimately it just is not going to work, there is no way on god’s green earth this will go the long haul, and she’ll be left with all these babies he never actually wanted. She has so little respect for herself it’s actually alarming. Why no one around her, particularly her own mum, has staged some sort of intervention is a mystery.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m very grateful to everyone here who listens to the podcast and brings the tea back here to spill so I don’t have to listen! 😂
Def want “Jessie Cave and the Poundland Russell Brand” for the next thread title, ahaha, sounds like a Harry Potter book!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
jessie seems really reflective in the latest ep, she talks about having the children one after another so she'd always be needed and having becker to 'reclaim' tenn's birth, also that she probably won't have more children although she's 'grieving' the idea of never having a newborn again. I think maybe the realities of having 4 are hitting her (and her mum probably!) She keeps talking about having a 'second chance'?? at what? I think she wants to somehow perfect 'having a baby'.

“I felt very strongly that they should have his surname to add another incentive for Alfie not to leave us.” She then tried to play this off as a joke, but instantly backtracked and literally said “it is also very true and I think has worked.” Seriously… what?!
remember alfie edits her pod for her too 🥴

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand this mindset that you have to keep having baby after baby to perfect the mistakes you made before, or get over a traumatic birth. It’s not unique to Jessie, but I still don’t get it. Pregnancy and birth is such an ordeal. Looking after a newborn + older kids is so HARD. Why keep doing it to yourself 😄 Only someone with an absolutely vast amount of support could even entertain the idea (well, I guess she’s motivated to keep Alfie with her too, tragic as that is).

She has to be one of those types that doesn’t know anything other than having babies, it’s like her comfort zone. A FOF was like this… she had seven kids in the end.

Reactions: 8
jessie seems really reflective in the latest ep, she talks about having the children one after another so she'd always be needed and having becker to 'reclaim' tenn's birth, also that she probably won't have more children although she's 'grieving' the idea of never having a newborn again. I think maybe the realities of having 4 are hitting her (and her mum probably!) She keeps talking about having a 'second chance'?? at what? I think she wants to somehow perfect 'having a baby'.
This is a v good analysis it just is still a mystery to me because I had a pretty traumatic birth too but to be honest I don’t think about it that much. It’s just one of those things it was no ones fault really a bit like Jessie’s it jsut did happen the way I would have liked but the day to day being a mum has always superseded that. I don’t get why the birth takes on so much significance …. Certainly didn’t make me want to do it again anytime soon ! Very odd.

Reactions: 5
It's So frustrating to see Alfie, who gives so many red flags as basically a classic charming abuser, having this new found career progression and tv deals and awards. The guy lives the easiest life possible and no one mentions it on main, I got a steer over here - what a relief to find people calling this out...

Jessie too, she needs to be careful because she has a balance to strike. she needs to produce content but she can't produce too much before people realise how basic, ignorant and narcissistic she really is - it's already pretty clear...

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.