Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Poundland Russell Brand" 💀💀💀

How does she seem to get amnesia about childbirth 🤣 before Becker she had 3 labours, which she recounted in detail over the last few weeks on the podcast. And Tenn's birth wasn't even 18 months ago 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Her most recent WIK podcast episode made me so sad. She's after this perfect birth that simply doesn't exist, and admits she had forgotten just how painful it is. I internally rolled my eyes when she said no-one actually gives birth on their back, she seems so clueless - I didn't want to be on my back but had no choice when they had to do an episiotomy!

I know Alfie has to work but going to the other side of the world for six weeks, when newborns change every day and you're missing out on that, let along not supporting your partner who has just given birth and is looking after your three other children?!
Yup I've given birth on my back twice and no choice in either too. I'm also surprised she forgets what labour is like, it's not something you can ever forget!

Reactions: 4
Is Jessie's dad still alive? Never ever mentioned
yup he's in his 70s and a doctor, he fairly recently took Bebe, Horatio and the oldest brother and his family skiing and had an accident and injured himself (according to Horatio's pod). He and Jessie’s mum are divorced, I suspect that he may have had an affair but not sure.

Reactions: 3
which one of the family is Cave (mum or dad) cos jessie's brother's surname is Lloyd?
According to Wikipedia "Her mother Deborah[4][5] is the daughter of former Chief Secretary to Hong Kong, Tasmanian-born Sir Charles Philip Haddon-Cave.[6]"

I think Jessie's last name is or was hyphenated, Cave-Lloyd, and she just took Cave as her last name for the sake of simplicity, or possibly because of her father's affair, if that's true.

Reactions: 3
which one of the family is Cave (mum or dad) cos jessie's brother's surname is Lloyd?
Her mum is Deborah Haddon-Cave, whose father was the Chief Secretary of Hong Kong:
So dad must be the Lloyd. Jessie never ever seems to mention him but she's obviously very close to her mum.

I was reading about director Mimi Cave the other day (no relation I don't think) and I was just lol'ing at Mimi Cave...Bebe Cave....just need some CeCe/Gigi/Kiki Caves as well 😂

According to Wikipedia "Her mother Deborah[4][5] is the daughter of former Chief Secretary to Hong Kong, Tasmanian-born Sir Charles Philip Haddon-Cave.[6]"

I think Jessie's last name is or was hyphenated, Cave-Lloyd, and she just took Cave as her last name for the sake of simplicity, or possibly because of her father's affair, if that's true.
Snap! 😂

Reactions: 2
That is some colonial-era tit! I love how all these kids are so aggressively and self-consciously left wing, then you find out their relatives were governors of Hong Kong or attachés to King Leopold of Belgium or some tit 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That is some colonial-era tit! I love how all these kids are so aggressively and self-consciously left wing, then you find out their relatives were governors of Hong Kong or attachés to King Leopold of Belgium or some tit 🤣
tbf I wouldn't necessarily describe jessie as aggressively left wing I don't think she engages all that much in politics

Reactions: 7
listened to the pod, a few comments: how can she not know what pounds and ounces are? both her parents were doctors and she went to a fee-paying school! also the whole deal situation with Tenn and now potentially the new baby too is totally bizarre and actually quite concerning!!

Reactions: 5
listened to the pod, a few comments: how can she not know what pounds and ounces are? both her parents were doctors and she went to a fee-paying school! also the whole deal situation with Tenn and now potentially the new baby too is totally bizarre and actually quite concerning!!
Also she is about two years older than me.

Whilst we weren't taught pounds and ounces at school they were a still quite prevalent in my childhood so I would assume they would be for her too

And having babies (her favourite hobby) everyone refers to their weight in pounds not kilos!

Reactions: 8
Also she is about two years older than me.

Whilst we weren't taught pounds and ounces at school they were a still quite prevalent in my childhood so I would assume they would be for her too

And having babies (her favourite hobby) everyone refers to their weight in pounds not kilos!
British people still measure their own weight I'm pounds and stone

British people still measure their own weight I'm pounds and stone
Yup!

It is still common for people to ask for fruit and vegetables by the pound too.

One of my early jobs was in a deli and I had to learn the grams conversion for pounds as 90% of the customers ordered 1/4 or 1/2 pound instead of 500g etc.

Reactions: 2
I'm really stunned that she's made it to Baby #4 without knowing what a sweep is or how legendarily painful/uncomfortable it is. I've never had one but I've heard enough horror stories! Also that she wouldn't ask outright why she needs to be induced, or why low birth weight/lack of growth in the womb are not the sort of things to shrug off as "oh well I always have small babies like my mum did"
As someone who catastrophises as well I can only assume she avoids looking into a lot of details about birth and labour, it would probably put her off going through it so many times if she lifted that particular rock.

Reactions: 4
I'm really stunned that she's made it to Baby #4 without knowing what a sweep is or how legendarily painful/uncomfortable it is. I've never had one but I've heard enough horror stories! Also that she wouldn't ask outright why she needs to be induced, or why low birth weight/lack of growth in the womb are not the sort of things to shrug off as "oh well I always have small babies like my mum did"
As someone who catastrophises as well I can only assume she avoids looking into a lot of details about birth and labour, it would probably put her off going through it so many times if she lifted that particular rock.
She did mention in one of them, that her top piece of advice is to ‘not google’ pregnancy related concerns/symptoms, so I think you’re right, she def seems to have adopted quite an active ‘ignorance is bliss’ mindset when it comes to pregnancy and birth relayed things. But aside from that, her general ignorance (eg about politics/world affairs, pounds/ounces lol) and ditziness and just overall portraying herself as childlike/immature is really not a good look for a mother of 4.

This is the reason I think it wasn’t a great idea to do a podcast about it fair enough about motherhood as everyone’s experience is individual but to kind of be in a position of authority and yet be quite misinformed about something like childbirth and pregnancy is eek

Reactions: 10
I agree she is not well placed to host a “pregnancy podcast”. She could have been more explicit about it being her experience only and I feel she framed a good bit of it as an advice type thing.

Regarding the deal she sounded pretty defensive around - if a couple want to have an open relationship that’s absolutely fine, who cares - if the children come into that arrangement as some sort of bargaining chip as it sounds like they did, that is completely off and could cause real damage. I mean wtf imagine knowing you were only born because your mum made a deal that your dad could shag around!? The guilt and shame a child might carry around that! Kids just know things and even if they didn’t find out explicitly they would pick up on something.

Reactions: 12
apparently horatio 'forced' bebe into doing stand-up and she didn't enjoy it and has since quit, he said she didn't bomb she just couldn't cope with doing kinda average and he was concerned that she wouldn't have been able to cope with actually bombing, also the whole experience was awful for her and he thinks acting is 'easier' / much cushy than stand-up

• Wow
  • Sad
apparently horatio 'forced' bebe into doing stand-up and she didn't enjoy it and has since quit, he said she didn't bomb she just couldn't cope with doing kinda average and he was concerned that she wouldn't have been able to cope with actually bombing, also the whole experience was awful for her and he thinks acting is 'easier' / much cushy than stand-up
Wtf? Are they still together? Did he say this or did she? These women have such strange, disrespectful relationships.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.