Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So does anyone listen to Alfie’s stuff? What does he talk about? Jessie’s is very focused on relationships and motherhood, does Alfie really talk about shagging etc? What is his material?(I know I could just try it but I honestly think I’d end up smashing my phone)

Reactions: 4
Horatio said on his pod that one of his former comedian guests has been called out for manipulating women into giving him money and he was basically using that as a source of income for his wife and kid! He says he's taken the episode down but I really want to know who it is 👀

Okay i think i already figured it out 😅

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I kinda hate how influencers feel they need to acknowledge complicated geopolitical events they know really nothing about, jessie included

new ep of WCTATRN where jessie opens saying she hasn't slept, the joys of cosleeping 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Horatio said on his pod that one of his former comedian guests has been called out for manipulating women into giving him money and he was basically using that as a source of income for his wife and kid! He says he's taken the episode down but I really want to know who it is 👀

Okay i think i already figured it out 😅
If you figured it out you gotta tell us?

Reactions: 8
That’s the thing about these militant crunchy mums/attachment mums... they’re always soooo superior. They think the worst of normie mums. Also complete martyrs. It’s like if they’re not on their knees with exhaustion and sleep deprivation, they’re clearly not giving enough of themselves to their children 🤦‍♀️
💯
I didn’t do any sleep trainy stuff because my child was a lazy lump BUT if I had a baby that was up every 2 hours or more and I had to get up for work the next day (yep some people have to do this , this is what mumfluencers don’t realise, ever sat on a commuter train at 7am after being screamed at all night by a baby?!🤪) I would have done WHATEVER it takes to get that kid to sleep and restore a bit of sanity in my life. I would never ever judge another parent for doing whatever they need to do to get through the day!!!!!

• Heart
I don’t know anyone who has all night care for three + kids ever from their parents it’s a big ask!

Reactions: 7
Actually like Bebe a lot more listening to the latest WIK. Very honest and open about having an abortion, which you can hear that Jessie was judgemental about. I think she wants Bebe to be a carbon copy of her and can't understand why she would even want to be different. There's definitely jealousy there.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Actually like Bebe a lot more listening to the latest WIK. Very honest and open about having an abortion, which you can hear that Jessie was judgemental about. I think she wants Bebe to be a carbon copy of her and can't understand why she would even want to be different. There's definitely jealousy there.
Agreed, I felt quite uncomfortable listening to how Jessie really wanted Bebe to go ahead with the pregnancy so they could be pregnant at the same time. I know it was meant in a light hearted way but Bebe was quite clear that she didn't feel ready to be a mother, and the way Jessie kept pushing her on how she felt about motherhood felt like it was possibly a bit too soon. Having said that, I much prefer Jessie's podcasting style on WiK, she seems much more confident (even if I disagree with lots of what she says 😂).

Reactions: 3
Agreed, I felt quite uncomfortable listening to how Jessie really wanted Bebe to go ahead with the pregnancy so they could be pregnant at the same time. I know it was meant in a light hearted way but Bebe was quite clear that she didn't feel ready to be a mother, and the way Jessie kept pushing her on how she felt about motherhood felt like it was possibly a bit too soon. Having said that, I much prefer Jessie's podcasting style on WiK, she seems much more confident (even if I disagree with lots of what she says 😂).
"but think of the pregnancy selfies!" 🥴

I also like how Bebe calls her out on her bs, like her saying she's only had 10 periods in her life, if that was true how could she have had 4 normal / healthy pregnancies too??

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes! And the dysmorphia. I rolled my eyes when Jessie was saying "I'm no skinny minnie" and glad Bebe challenged that. I wonder if some people stay at the age they were when they had kids. I'm around Jessie's age and she talks exactly how I did in my mid-twenties (about weight etc), but as someone now in my mid-thirties I feel much more body confident but also much more aware of how that kind of language can be so damaging, including for others.

Yes! And the dysmorphia. I rolled my eyes when Jessie was saying "I'm no skinny minnie" and glad Bebe challenged that. I wonder if some people stay at the age they were when they had kids. I'm around Jessie's age and she talks exactly how I did in my mid-twenties (about weight etc), but as someone now in my mid-thirties I feel much more body confident but also much more aware of how that kind of language can be so damaging, including for others.
I think being in the acting world has probably exacerbated the body image issues/diet culture mentality Jessie already had. There is so much pressure on women to be unnaturally thin. Jessie seems to have leaned into that rather than examining her own neurosis.

I felt a huge responsibility when I became a parent, not to pass on my disordered thoughts around food and body image to my children. It was hard work to heal from that but I was desperate to break the cycle. I’m not sure Jessie sees things in the same way. Especially given some of her comments around her daughter’s body shape/size.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think being in the acting world has probably exacerbated the body image issues/diet culture mentality Jessie already had. There is so much pressure on women to be unnaturally thin. Jessie seems to have leaned into that rather than examining her own neurosis.

I felt a huge responsibility when I became a parent, not to pass on my disordered thoughts around food and body image to my children. It was hard work to heal from that but I was desperate to break the cycle. I’m not sure Jessie sees things in the same way. Especially given some of her comments around her daughter’s body shape/size.
I feel like Jessie doesn’t actually see anything concerning about her views on food and body image. She doesn’t appear aware of it at all.

Reactions: 9
I feel like Jessie doesn’t actually see anything concerning about her views on food and body image. She doesn’t appear aware of it at all.
their excuse is "we're actresses" 🤷‍♀️

...as someone who has a fat-phobic parent and went on to develop disordered eating... YES!!!

on that point, it's interesting how differently jessie and bebe were themselves parented: bebe describes her childhood as being 'typical' 90s/00s (e.g. videogames, TV, junkfood) whereas jessie's seems to be more regimented (e.g. tennis lessons) - I wonder how much that has informed their different attitudes towards things 🤔

Last edited:
She believes some really weird old wives tales about pregnancy for someone with medical parents

She believes some really weird old wives tales about pregnancy for someone with medical parents
Yes, she does.
I also found it unusual that she said people don’t warn pregnant women that labour is going to be very painful.

• Haha
Yes, she does.
I also found it unusual that she said people don’t warn pregnant women that labour is going to be very painful.
I find people are constantly telling me how painful labour is going to be.
Also you are pushing a small human out your vagina, what did she expect?

• Haha
I find people are constantly telling me how painful labour is going to be.
Also you are pushing a small human out your vagina, what did she expect?
Exactly! I found that people want to scare you with horror stories.

Reactions: 2
It's weird that they say that the people who express concern over Jessie's unhealthy relationship to food and her weight "haters". They also say that they only have an obsession with weight and food because they're actresses who grew up with Heat magazine - as though those things exclude them from having disordered eating rather than exacerbate the likelihood they'll experience it.

I don't listen to them much anymore because I find them that irritating combination of smug and wilfully ignorant. I despair for Jessie's kids, especially the girl who will probably grow up with a warped relationship to her body. When you're a kid you think your mum is the most beautiful woman in the world - and if she's starving herself and insinuating she's chubby (especially when she looks like Jessie who is thin), that really messes with your perception of worth and weight.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.