Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just listening to the latest episode of Jessie and Bebe’s podcast.

Something I found interesting was Jessie’s lack of consideration towards how others might feel. When Bebe talked about her friend who had lost his mum suddenly and then had to deal with all the fall out from that (selling her flat etc) by himself, Bebe was full of empathy about what a difficult situation that was for him. Jessie just focused on that fact that he had no siblings and it was so hard for her as she was grieving her sibling’s loss as well as her own.

I don’t doubt it was a horrendously traumatic experience and a huge loss. But other people can and are living through terrible things too. We can still acknowledge that and demonstrate empathy towards them. It doesn’t negate each individual’s experience.
Honestly that's a huge thing that's annoyed me about both of them - the self-centredness when they talk about grief. It was nice to hear Bebe acknowledge that she has been like that when she told the friend story. But then later on she and Jessie joked about how they've landed straight at the top of the 'grief club' or something, once again making it seem like their grief/experience is much worse than anyone else's. Just no perspective at all.

Reactions: 5
Honestly that's a huge thing that's annoyed me about both of them - the self-centredness when they talk about grief. It was nice to hear Bebe acknowledge that she has been like that when she told the friend story. But then later on she and Jessie joked about how they've landed straight at the top of the 'grief club' or something, once again making it seem like their grief/experience is much worse than anyone else's. Just no perspective at all.
Agreed, I had the same feelings about those “grief club” comments too.

meh, I feel jessie didn't address how she contributes to the machine of inadequacy really, I feel bebe is more real on socials

unrelated but netflix has started pushing the JLO doc which i guess will be jessie's next fixation, whoever put together the cover image have airbrushed tf out of her jawline making her head a really odd shape. I love how jessie still believes she's a 'natural beauty' 🥺
You called it! 😂🔮 From Jessie's stories:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I couldn't get past jessie saying her mum does all her admin for her 😳

You called it! 😂🔮 From Jessie's stories:
the Guardian gave it pretty average reviews and said jlo attempted to (mis)characterise herself as the underdog

How many 'look how great I look whilst breastfeeding and holding my baby' pictures can a woman take, I'm finding it super annoying now!

Reactions: 9
How many 'look how great I look whilst breastfeeding and holding my baby' pictures can a woman take, I'm finding it super annoying now!
Aaaand another one right after 😂 I didn’t really notice it but bloody hell , talk about making breastfeeding your personality

Reactions: 4
Looks like Jessie is being paid to write two more books that are re hashing her own life in story form…
Just saw this! I think she’s very good at selling her life but I’m an aspiring writer (with very little prospect of getting published ever) and this made my heart sink! What’s the next book going to be about? Hasn’t she exhausted her limited life experiences now?

Reactions: 2
Does she realise she's not the only woman in the world to have a child? Or breastfeed? Like just get a personality and a real job and do your own admin!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think jessie realises time apart is actually a good thing in terms of developing their independence / individuality / self-sufficiency, etc.

Reactions: 6
I don't think jessie realises time apart is actually a good thing in terms of developing their independence / individuality / self-sufficiency, etc.
I am so confused that she can talk about not being able to leave Tenn even to go for a pee in the full knowledge that she’s about to go away for a full 6 days and nights!? She’s so jarring to follow but I can’t look away.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've just listened to the latest pod and i am the same. She admits being really judgmental about other parents and then is quite martyrish about her own decisions.

I have a child the same age as Tenn (alongside my 4 year old) and they follow me about too and want to be held a lot but this is just normal for a 19 month old baby - it doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't send them to nursery! But then i'm not basing my entire personality and career on motherhood.

Reactions: 8
She admits being really judgmental about other parents and then is quite martyrish about her own decisions.
Mothers like her, usually the “attachment” ones, are ALWAYS like this. They make choices that make them feel miserable and exhausted (like co-sleeping and breastfeeding for years on end) but because they’ve convinced themselves they’re following the One True Way of mothering, they have to console themselves with feeling smug and superior.

Reactions: 9
she didn't really talk about attachment parenting at all, just about how difficult tenn is and how the older ones aren't any after school clubs

Reactions: 3
I am so confused that she can talk about not being able to leave Tenn even to go for a pee in the full knowledge that she’s about to go away for a full 6 days and nights!? She’s so jarring to follow but I can’t look away.
This doesnt make any sense to me. I had the clinging of clingy babies- he didn't walk until he was 18 months because he wanted to hold my hand the whole time but I managed to go for a pee and have a shower! They aren't going to die if you leave them crying for 2 minutes in a chair or cot while you do a wee!

Reactions: 2
Hated how she talked about alfie saying "you asked for this" re the newest baby. How dismissive is that? What a weird dynamic (i know, old news, but still.) Its like he sees himself as the purveyor of golden sperm who has no actual role in raising his kids. And the way she banged on about them not being married without really saying anything interesting about that. She's also so, so dependent on her own mum and that isn't normal for her age; she must be 35 by now? I guess thats good for if alfie ever properly leaves, but even so. She must have so little sense of independence or empowerment. Everything revolving around social media validation and self martyrdom, clinging to her tit relationship. I think i am gonna take a break from her pod as it just irritates me too much!

Reactions: 8
Hated how she talked about alfie saying "you asked for this" re the newest baby. How dismissive is that? What a weird dynamic (i know, old news, but still.) Its like he sees himself as the purveyor of golden sperm who has no actual role in raising his kids. And the way she banged on about them not being married without really saying anything interesting about that. She's also so, so dependent on her own mum and that isn't normal for her age; she must be 35 by now? I guess thats good for if alfie ever properly leaves, but even so. She must have so little sense of independence or empowerment. Everything revolving around social media validation and self martyrdom, clinging to her tit relationship. I think i am gonna take a break from her pod as it just irritates me too much!
It's a get out for him so he doesn't have to get involved in the kids. He can say he didnt want to have them in the first place. What they will think of both of them when they are older is anyone's guess

Reactions: 5
I love how jessie is presenting this arts programme when she barely makes art anymore 🥴 her mum made the embroidery of her (ofc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.