Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listened to Jessie's latest pregnancy podcast and I'm kinda shocked that she was surprised that Becker had jaundice - I think it was pretty clear even from just looking at the photos she's posted of him. I also remember seeing someone comment on a photo (I think Bebe's first insta photo with Becker) that he looked pretty yellow/jaundiced and should maybe get that checked out but then the comment seemed to have disappeared a few hours later so I thought that maybe Jessie got defensive and asked Bebe to delete or Bebe did so of her own accord. Also interesting that her ex GP mother didn't pick up on that or his cold despite living with them. Guess it makes sense that Jessie goes to her insta followers for advice then because maybe her mum doesn't actually have as much medical knowledge as one would expect from an ex GP as she's been out of practice for so long/
I think her mum is probably rushed off her feet with the 3 other kids...

Reactions: 3
Jessie, you're not a vegan if you enjoy "the occasional Byron." Also, v cool to proclaim your love for a company that shamelessly co-engineered a Home Office raid on its own staff.

Reactions: 4
Jessie, you're not a vegan if you enjoy "the occasional Byron." Also, v cool to proclaim your love for a company that shamelessly co-engineered a Home Office raid on its own staff.
She finds the thought of milk disgusting but seems to have no problem with a birthday cake full of Cadbury caramilk buttons and other dairy laden products. She's what most people would refer to as a 'flexitarian' - which is completely fine, but she incorrectly refers to herself as a vegan to seem morally superior.

Reactions: 6
started listening to the new ep of WCTATRN (didn't know there was one!) ... Jessie trying to justify alfie being away from the new born as 'a cultural difference' (it's what many cultures do apparently) also saying she can't be her true self around alfie because she has to be 'a girlfriend' ... they've been together for 7 years and have 4 children!!

I find it interesting that jessie wants to mimic how her mum raised them when they both come across as very emotionally immature

(also the mic is picking up how fast the baby is breathing and jessie starts the pod by saying the baby is shivering)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
started listening to the new ep of WCTATRN (didn't know there was one!) ... Jessie trying to justify alfie being away from the new born as 'a cultural difference' (it's what many cultures do apparently) also saying she can't be her true self around alfie because she has to be 'a girlfriend' ... they've been together for 7 years and have 4 children!!

I find it interesting that jessie wants to mimic how her mum raised them when they both come across as very emotionally immature

(also the mic is picking up how fast the baby is breathing and jessie starts the pod by saying the baby is shivering)
Cultural difference? What culture is he?

Cultural difference? What culture is he?
they're both definitely British lol! I think she means that actually it's not that weird if you look at the practises of different cultures around the world ... (presumably in the same way she once cited that motherhood book her mum likes which advocates for a lot of skin-to-skin contact and cosleeping because 'it's what tribal cultures do', somewhere in this thread I linked to an article critiquing the ethnocentric assumptions made about 'tribal practises'...). They also start the ep by talking about how their mum's parenting is very influenced by her being raised in Hong Kong.

Yeah she basically said she can't be her normal self around him, which is always a good sign! I actually really like her and Bebe from what I've heard they sound pretty nice. As for Alfie no idea but reading here doesn't paint him in a good light, it might be all for show as part of their "story" and they actually get on fine.

Reactions: 1
they're both definitely British lol! I think she means that actually it's not that weird if you look at the practises of different cultures around the world ... (presumably in the same way she once cited that motherhood book her mum likes which advocates for a lot of skin-to-skin contact and cosleeping because 'it's what tribal cultures do', somewhere in this thread I linked to an article critiquing the ethnocentric assumptions made about 'tribal practises'...). They also start the ep by talking about how their mum's parenting is very influenced by her being raised in Hong Kong.
Lol… I was also partly raised in Hong Kong albeit in the late 80s/early 90s prior to it being handed back by the British. Like a lot of “colonial outposts” it really wasn’t about the privileged white ex pats embracing local “ethnic” customs; if anything a lot of the wealthy white people living there had a much more traditional, dated lifestyle than they likely would have in the U.K. Servants/nannies/drivers, gated communities, lots of sailing and tennis and old fashioned country clubs. A lot of rich kids only came back to HK on U.K. boarding school holidays and the private schools that were there were also super traditional. My mum also grew up in a commonwealth country in Africa in the 60s due to my grandads job and she said it was like living 50 years earlier. Segregation of the local people except as staff is normal; culture is ignored or in some cases erased. The wealth discrepancy and the superior attitude of the expats there is one of the things I remember best.

Suffice to say, if Jessie’s mum was raised in HK as a diplomats daughter 40/50 years ago it seems unlikely that’s where she got her love of attachment parenting from, or had a rich cultural experience. Maybe I’m being unfair ….. but it’s an incredibly naive statement.

Reactions: 8
There’s nothing more laughable than a privileged, upper middle class white woman trying to justify the absent father of her children by saying “it’s what tribal cultures do!”

I mean 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There’s nothing more laughable than a privileged, upper middle class white woman trying to justify the absent father of her children by saying “it’s what tribal cultures do!”

I mean 👀
But Jessie, guess what, you’re not living in a tribe, you live in London, and it’s 2022 and in white middle class British culture dads are *kind* of expected to show their face a bit in their kids life, especially when so young. Make all the excuses you want, but Alfie’s not innocently relishing the opportunity to build his career, he’s being a dirty old dog at the same time and he is SHAMEFUL.

Reactions: 9
But Jessie, guess what, you’re not living in a tribe, you live in London, and it’s 2022 and in white middle class British culture dads are *kind* of expected to show their face a bit in their kids life, especially when so young. Make all the excuses you want, but Alfie’s not innocently relishing the opportunity to build his career, he’s being a dirty old dog at the same time and he is SHAMEFUL.
This! and also like... even dads with big careers take time off for the birth same as mums. A very senior person in my organisation has just come back from 7 MONTHS paternity leave! By some miracle Alfie does seem to be doing well atm but the man has 2 babies and 2 other kids as well, and a wife whose health apparently isn't great either.
And yep to the above posts as well..... what a strange, outdated view "ethnic" "tribal" bla bla. Cringe. This is what i mean about colonial attitudes.

I mean 👀
Exactly what an idiot. He's hardly herding cattle for miles around the desert is he? And she is hardly tending the fields with a baby strapped to her back. She's chatting tit online trying to pass off her unenviable position as a total doormat as living a more noble life than us ' normals' who expect the father of their children do do some parenting!

Reactions: 5
Exactly what an idiot. He's hardly herding cattle for miles around the desert is he? And she is hardly tending the fields with a baby strapped to her back. She's chatting tit online trying to pass off her unenviable position as a total doormat as living a more noble life than us ' normals' who expect the father of their children do do some parenting!
while at the same time playing at being 'the girlfriend' and religiously not moving the muscles in her forehead ... how is she not just exhausted

• Haha
Reactions: 9
while at the same time playing at being 'the girlfriend' and religiously not moving the muscles in her forehead ... how is she not just exhausted
I caught myself doing loads of expressions today in Asda ( saw they still had cadburys creme eggs 😁) and immediately thought of Jessie never moving her face 😁

• Haha
I caught myself doing loads of expressions today in Asda ( saw they still had cadburys creme eggs 😁) and immediately thought of Jessie never moving her face 😁
no wonder she can't discipline her kids she literally cannot express anger 😆

• Haha
💀 She is ridiculous. Imagine laying on your deathbed thinking “I wish I’d made more effort not to use my facial muscles… I hated my furrowed brow so much”,

• Haha
Reactions: 2
did i miss something? did jessie say she doesnt mover her face to prevent wrinkles in a podcast ? can someone point me in the right direction pls?
As someone who considers herself an 'actress' I am surprised by this as surely not showing emotions on her face aka acting will prevent her being cast/getting roles and therefore providing for her now 4 babies?
does anyone know what jessies job is again?

also do we reckon she will bargain with alfie for another baby after the success of his tour and he will go on a shagging tour once again?

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.