Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does Alfie's latest post also not sit quite right with anyone? Alluding to being on UC in order to pay for designers and creatives to help him make money in future. I assumed UC is for rent, living costs ect. It seems not quite right that Jessie is covering his living costs but because he is low income (not sure how much you're paid for gigs) he can claim and use it for designers.. To me I just think he needs a part time day job to fund his comedy career, not taxpayers 😑

Reactions: 9
That's unfair. You haven't seen it yet to judge.....
I'm going off of the clips I've seen on the itv adverts. They didn't make me laugh and Jessie was clearly playing the same kooky, ditzy girl as always while wearing her own everyday wardrobe.

Reactions: 5
Does Alfie's latest post also not sit quite right with anyone? Alluding to being on UC in order to pay for designers and creatives to help him make money in future. I assumed UC is for rent, living costs ect. It seems not quite right that Jessie is covering his living costs but because he is low income (not sure how much you're paid for gigs) he can claim and use it for designers.. To me I just think he needs a part time day job to fund his comedy career, not taxpayers 😑
Are you sure it is UC? I'm not up to date on the self employed Covid support schemes, but there were grants, loans and help for people who could show their income took a knock due to Covid, and this would have been his boat. Agreed that if someone's partner is well paid and famous, they shouldn't be claiming a benefit though. UC is definitely just to help low paid and struggling workers get by with rent, food etc.

Reactions: 2
Are you sure it is UC? I'm not up to date on the self employed Covid support schemes, but there were grants, loans and help for people who could show their income took a knock due to Covid, and this would have been his boat. Agreed that if someone's partner is well paid and famous, they shouldn't be claiming a benefit though. UC is definitely just to help low paid and struggling workers get by with rent, food etc.
Ahh I think you're right about that - a quick scan and the 'grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme' is still running so it likely is that not UC. My first thought was OK they're probably paying a bomb for a central ish London flat, 3 kids so with Jessies fluctuating income maybe they might need help. Second thoughts is Portugal, expensive clothing items others have listed on here, house moves doesn't seem like a struggling family needing government support. But maybe I'm being too harsh and judgey I don't know 😂

Reactions: 4
Its quite a lazy article, in that there is nothing new to be learned about Jessie in this.

Reactions: 3
Alfie’s show at Edinburgh… do I go out of curiosity, or avoid because I know it’ll irritate me?

re money - they’ll be doing just fine and I’m sure their affluent families will have been able to help out. Nothing about any of them strikes me of having faced financial struggle!

With the new show, didn’t Iain Sterling write it? It looks like a bit of a vanity project. Doesn’t look funny at all, and Jessie appears to be cast as token kooky 20something with zany wardrobe. Peddling the same thing to fill some time between her next book or child.

Reactions: 10
Ahh I think you're right about that - a quick scan and the 'grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme' is still running so it likely is that not UC. My first thought was OK they're probably paying a bomb for a central ish London flat, 3 kids so with Jessies fluctuating income maybe they might need help. Second thoughts is Portugal, expensive clothing items others have listed on here, house moves doesn't seem like a struggling family needing government support. But maybe I'm being too harsh and judgey I don't know 😂
I saw later that there is some new iteration of the self-employed grant scheme is released, so almost certainly that.
Not judgey to ask the question. I've been on both sides of the fence, one time many years ago in the upper quartile with my salary, but putting in my first UC claim at the end of last year. I'm nearly off it now. And I'm only 36. But I've always been on my own and always looking to work. I'm still on Upwork, so...
Social benefits systems only work when everyone believes and trusts in them, that's why its normal to be alert if someone is trying to take advantage.

Elsewhere in that post, I see he is also being sucked into the 'I'm on a diet and I look great!' vortex.

Alfie’s show at Edinburgh… do I go out of curiosity, or avoid because I know it’ll irritate me?

re money - they’ll be doing just fine and I’m sure their affluent families will have been able to help out. Nothing about any of them strikes me of having faced financial struggle!

With the new show, didn’t Iain Sterling write it? It looks like a bit of a vanity project. Doesn’t look funny at all, and Jessie appears to be cast as token kooky 20something with zany wardrobe. Peddling the same thing to fill some time between her next book or child.
gooooo to Edinburgh show! 😂 as long as it’s not too expensive, go get the gossip for us and report back!

Reactions: 6
I've always been curious about who Alfie's ex-wife is. I went to see Jessie's I Loved Her show years ago and despite the title I'd always feel uneasy about a former spouse, especially when Alfie seems/seemed so anti-commitment. I wonder if it galls Jessie secretly that he won't marry her but he was married to a different woman, or maybe she's alright knowing she has all his kids?

I've always been curious about who Alfie's ex-wife is. I went to see Jessie's I Loved Her show years ago and despite the title I'd always feel uneasy about a former spouse, especially when Alfie seems/seemed so anti-commitment. I wonder if it galls Jessie secretly that he won't marry her but he was married to a different woman, or maybe she's alright knowing she has all his kids?
I'm desperate to know who his ex wife is. I saw her I Loved Her show and she said that the ex was a 'good time, fun party' girl which Jessie is the opposite of.

On a side note Im in Edinburgh for the fringe. Wonder how much tickets are...?

I definitely think it galls her - on one of the podcasts she was saying that she sometimes thinks 'is he even my boyfriend? Do you want to be here even after 3 kids?' type of thing. The kids do give the illusion of security but the ultimate proof to the world that Alfie isn't just there by force for someone quite anal like Jessie is the marriage. I bet she'll wear him down eventually!

I definitely think it galls her - on one of the podcasts she was saying that she sometimes thinks 'is he even my boyfriend? Do you want to be here even after 3 kids?' type of thing. The kids do give the illusion of security but the ultimate proof to the world that Alfie isn't just there by force for someone quite anal like Jessie is the marriage. I bet she'll wear him down eventually!
I agree, although if she doesn't get a wedding out of him she'll probably negotiate a 4th child instead!

Just read the guardian article. I'm so dismayed that she calls herself a "fat actress" even if she believes that's how she's perceived. She's so slim with a beautiful figure and as the interviewer noted, phenomenal bone structure. She posted a pic on insta the other day wearing jeans and looked terrific, especially having given birth a few months ago. I've just never thought of her as curvy, I guess that's how it felt in the acting world 10+ years ago and next to other Potter actresses but I couldn't imagine a casting director thinking of Jessie to play a 'bigger' girl.

Tried and failed to ETA - I don't mean to sound like I'm blaming Jessie, it's not her fault she feels the way she feels or has a hang-up about this. It's really frustrating and disgusting that the entertainment industry still creates negative body issues even in a thin 30-something parent. I feel so bad for Jessie that she still feels the way she felt on set when she was 23 :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20210805_175458.jpg

The paranoid person in me thinks he's been reading here 🤔 or a happy coincidence to specify the source of the money? Lol

Reactions: 7
When a guy calls himself sensitive it just means he’s lowkey crappy and manipulative, to be frank.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I agree, although if she doesn't get a wedding out of him she'll probably negotiate a 4th child instead!

Just read the guardian article. I'm so dismayed that she calls herself a "fat actress" even if she believes that's how she's perceived. She's so slim with a beautiful figure and as the interviewer noted, phenomenal bone structure. She posted a pic on insta the other day wearing jeans and looked terrific, especially having given birth a few months ago. I've just never thought of her as curvy, I guess that's how it felt in the acting world 10+ years ago and next to other Potter actresses but I couldn't imagine a casting director thinking of Jessie to play a 'bigger' girl.

Tried and failed to ETA - I don't mean to sound like I'm blaming Jessie, it's not her fault she feels the way she feels or has a hang-up about this. It's really frustrating and disgusting that the entertainment industry still creates negative body issues even in a thin 30-something parent. I feel so bad for Jessie that she still feels the way she felt on set when she was 23 :cry:
The thing is I really have loved Jessie’s stuff for years. I think the sense of entitlement and whining has just grated me down to the point that I realise how unhealthy and ungrateful her and Alfie seem. They have so much and yet are constantly complaining about their bodies, money status and relationship. You just reach a point where it feels like a very unhealthy, one sided relationship I guess 🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.