Jessica Simpson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
replying to this really late to say it was johnny knoxville. they had a very intense (by her own admission) “emotional affair”:

they apparently wrote each other love letters every day but never acted on it (which, hmmm 🤨)
She was with Bam as well. It was part of the reason he and his ex-Jenn broke up. Shortly after, she (Jenn) called into a radio station and said Jessica was one of over 40+ girls he cheated on her with, and he admitted to it after they got into an argument. His dad Phil also said it was true during a radio interview as well. Then Bam more or less said it happened when he was on Howard Stern with Steve O back in 2014.

Reactions: 2
I think she's swapped one addiction for another unfortunately (either an ED or Ozempic).

I have a soft spot for her I think because Newlyweds was a huge part of my teenage years. I think she exaggerated how bad things were with Nick in her book to justify what she did with Johnny et al. I think they were happier for a lot longer than she makes out. It's only in the last season of Newlyweds you see the dynamic change. I always get very pick me vibes from her. She moulds to fit the guy she's with. Do not like Eric at all, especially as he's basically been unemployed by choice since being with her.

I like Nick a lot, he seems a very down to earth guy. I have nothing against Vanessa and they seem to suit eachother but she did seem very desperate in the beginning.

Reactions: 3
I think she's swapped one addiction for another unfortunately (either an ED or Ozempic).

I have a soft spot for her I think because Newlyweds was a huge part of my teenage years. I think she exaggerated how bad things were with Nick in her book to justify what she did with Johnny et al. I think they were happier for a lot longer than she makes out. It's only in the last season of Newlyweds you see the dynamic change. I always get very pick me vibes from her. She moulds to fit the guy she's with. Do not like Eric at all, especially as he's basically been unemployed by choice since being with her.

I like Nick a lot, he seems a very down to earth guy. I have nothing against Vanessa and they seem to suit eachother but she did seem very desperate in the beginning.
I don't think nick seems like a particularly nice guy or down to earth (remember on love is blind 'and of course I'm nick lachey 🤣)but I agree she might have exaggerated. Ultimately the whole relationship for me just epitomises the problems with not living with someone etc before marriage

Reactions: 5
I just want to throw in that I absolutely loved them together. I’ll forever hope they get back together 💔 😂 I secretly think both of them actually would be so much better together than her with that other guy and him with Vanessa

I thought Nick Lachey was horrible to her on Newlyweds and clearly treated her quite badly and was jealous of her success.

Reactions: 8
This is an interesting watch, I always got the vibe he had a nasty streak

I don't think nick seems like a particularly nice guy or down to earth (remember on love is blind 'and of course I'm nick lachey 🤣)but I agree she might have exaggerated. Ultimately the whole relationship for me just epitomises the problems with not living with someone etc before marriage
I took that as him making fun of himself rather than being serious
---
They've both said separately that they were expected to play certain roles on Newlyweds. Both said Nick was meant to play the angry Husband annoyed with Jess and who loved DIY and both have said Jess was meant to play the bimbo. So I don't think we can take too much of how they acted towards eachother in that regard on the show too seriously. The only issue Jess raised with Nick on her book was she felt he was jealous of her career and he went to clubs too much.

Last edited:
I thought Nick Lachey was horrible to her on Newlyweds and clearly treated her quite badly and was jealous of her success.
It doesn't surprise me she married someone like him considering the example she had of her own father who seemed awful

Reactions: 3
I've seen a lot of Newlyweds content on my TikTok lately and I never realised just how toxic/mean Nick was?! I also think it is easy to forget just how young Jessica was!!
The marriage was set for failure from the beginning really

Reactions: 10
I think towards the end, the relationship turned so toxic it came across that way.

Nick was embarrassed at getting such a low budget for his video and she rubbed in her huge budgets.

Nick wouldn't have been getting sex and you could see he was getting annoyed with her for example in a restaurant she wanted a bit of his meal and he was getting fed up with her choosing a peice lol.

I think all in all he was very supportive at the beginning.. but at the end he knew the relationship was going to the dogs so gave up pussy footing around.

Reactions: 1
I think towards the end, the relationship turned so toxic it came across that way.

Nick was embarrassed at getting such a low budget for his video and she rubbed in her huge budgets.

Nick wouldn't have been getting sex and you could see he was getting annoyed with her for example in a restaurant she wanted a bit of his meal and he was getting fed up with her choosing a peice lol.

I think all in all he was very supportive at the beginning.. but at the end he knew the relationship was going to the dogs so gave up pussy footing around.
Very true

I am fascinated by the Simpson family to be honest.
Has anyone read Jessica's book? It is actually very good

Reactions: 5
Really?! I thought he came across as so condescending towards her and also low key very jealous of her career/money?!
He was definitely jealous. He was the ‘big’ boyband star when they first got together and she was a low rent Britney. Then newlyweds shot her fame level up and then her daisy duke era, he couldn’t handle it.

Reactions: 9
He was definitely jealous. He was the ‘big’ boyband star when they first got together and she was a low rent Britney. Then newlyweds shot her fame level up and then her daisy duke era, he couldn’t handle it.
His jealousy was so obvious.

Honestly, if Britney wasn't around in the late 90's/early00's I think Jessica could have been HUGE. She has a great voice and would have appealed to the whole American Christian, purity ring wearing, 'good' girl market

Reactions: 7

I agree. I think he was a good man for the most part. Plus a lot of those clips I've seen on TikTok don't have the pre-text to it. For example the classic one is the argument about the house decoration where he's saying she's ungrateful and spoiled. But before that he's spent the whole weekend tidying and decorating the house and she walks in and immediately criticizes it. That is what he was reacting to.

Plus as they've both said they were expected to play a role on Newlyweds where Nick was the dominant Husband and she was the bimbo wife. They both said this ended up spilling into real life.

He put up with a lot having Joe openly criticise him and say to Jessica she didn't like him whilst at the same time sexually assaulting him as Nick has alluded to.

This post is gross. Her daughter is 11 for Chrissake! Hollyweird makes me sick.

• Wow